PDA

View Full Version : .mkv help...

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-24-2005, 02:48 AM
Okay I have been trying forever to convert this .mkv file to a burnable type for a while now. I looked online xcountless times. With TMPGEnc I can convert the video but the audio does not convert. (I have the matroska codecs too). So I tried to use "virtual...mod" (I forget the whole name) but that doesn't work. Then I read somewhere about using mkvtoolnix. That wasfine, I downloaded and the main program is mkvmerge. Well then I got lost, cuz there is mkvextract but when I double click on the execution file nothing happens....So I would really appreaciate if someone could tell me how to either extract the audio and convert it or to convert the whole file at once. (I know I read somewhere about Riverpast *I think that is the name* having an mkv converter but it costs money and the trial is only for 2 minutes, the mkv file is really big though).

MecaKane
06-24-2005, 03:28 AM
mkvtoolnix is semi-complicated, you just have to use the command promt, or dos and read the readme files for each program.

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-24-2005, 03:50 AM
Okay...I'll try...*goes off and tries*

Thank you for taking the time to help me :)

crono_logical
06-24-2005, 07:52 AM
Virtualdubmod works with mkv files. You're not using it right if it failed for you :monster: