PDA

View Full Version : The Smashing Pumpkins may reform.

Necronopticous
06-24-2005, 03:08 AM
http://www.undercover.com.au/news/2005/jun05/20050622_billycorgan.html

Best news in popular music since... I don't know... Maybe all time.

eestlinc
06-24-2005, 03:33 AM
*yawn*

The Man
06-24-2005, 03:48 AM
Heard about this a couple days ago. It'll be good if Billy doesn't go batcrap insane and break up the band again a year later like he did with Zwan.

kikimm
06-24-2005, 04:45 AM
Whoa. I'm happy, yeah, but worried too. I want this to go well. But this is pretty awesome, yes.

:D

pixie_demon
06-24-2005, 05:02 AM
well dang nammit im excited....

Heard about this a couple days ago. It'll be good if Billy doesn't go batcrap insane and break up the band again a year later like he did with Zwan.

now that made me laugh. heehee batcrap insane... thats classic :love:

-N-
06-24-2005, 06:13 AM
Billy Corgan is touring too, but I don't know if it will lead to a reforming.

Jack
06-24-2005, 10:43 AM
It certainly made my day. Made my week certainly.

It'll be good if Billy doesn't go batcrap insane and break up the band again a year later like he did with Zwan.

Looking to Billy's career as a series of girlfriends,I see Zwan like the rebound girlfriend (good while needed), his solo career as his singleton (I'm fine by my own) His first band as his first girlfriend (may I kiss you) and the Smashing Pumpkins as that really long relation ship that collapsed because of ill-thought frustation. Things were said that may not have been meant fully.

It'll be good if it goes well, although I wouldn;'t be too happy if he brought new musicians into the fold. It HAS to be James Iha and D'Arcy (Or at a push Mellissa Auf Der Maur) otherwise it'll loose it's significance. It wouldn't be the Pumpkins, just Billy (and Jimmy?) and a bunch of people under the Pumpkins Mantle.

Meat Puppet
06-24-2005, 10:48 AM
damn

Captain Maxx Power
06-24-2005, 11:13 AM
Two answers spring to mind : And? and So?

KoShiatar
06-24-2005, 12:55 PM
The Smashing Pumpkins were my ultimate teenage rock n' roll heroes. I can't possibly describe the influence their music has had on my life in so many ways. I saw them live 3 times before they split.

And yet....I can't help feeling a little uneasy about this. Billy Corgan can climb the heights of rock 'n roll again (like I hope he does) or just give us a bunch of decent songs that are nothing really special nonetheless. I've grown up, Billy Corgan has grown up, teenage angst has paid off well but now I'm bored and old (quote intended), and I...uh, well, I don't know.

But the hope in my heart is always the same deep down.
Like....do what you can do best Billy. We know what you're capable of, don't disappoint us. I really need some strong feelings lately. Really.

*is ashamed for going sentimental like this like she still was 16 or something* #^__^#

Skogs
06-24-2005, 01:11 PM
As much as I love Gish, Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie, I can't help feel that Corgan's past his best and any future Pumpkins effore will tank.

The Man
06-24-2005, 04:06 PM
I don't expect anything they record to be as good as their first four albums, I'm just happy about the chance to see them in concert really. That said, I was highly impressed with Zwan's debut, so I may be pleasantly surprised.

Pure Strife
06-24-2005, 07:21 PM
It'd be nice if Billy put out some more nice grungy, American rock, but I can see this being another spade of faggoty lovesongs with a bunch of people I don't know. That early 90's grunge band is gone, and unless they really manage to pull out some rock like they used (not the same, to clarify, but in the spirit of, if nothing else) it won't really be the Pumpkins no matter who's in the line-up, it'll be Billy Corgan being "zany", "introspective" and "experimental".

Having said that, with Billy (and Melissa) being off doing all these more easy-going things for so long, James doing a more Nu-metal thing with APC, Jimmy doing his solo thing and D'arcy probably standing on street corners, I can't help but hope if it does happen they go back to their roots, at least a little.