PDA

View Full Version : FF I is the best ever

Fire_Emblem776
06-24-2005, 04:42 AM
well the pso remake was the best they ever did a remake that they did not screw up. the soundtrack was orchestrated awww so much better than the gba, and teh super nes grapics. A great port unlike *coug*anthology were the ost to VI was crap. the battle and boss song were badly done why?

DJZen
06-24-2005, 11:18 PM
You're not seriously calling the FFVI OST crap, are you? I think that's a heresy around these parts.

crashNUMBERS
06-25-2005, 05:24 AM
Yeah the PS1 FF1 was the best remake whith the 1 split sec. wait for a load screen. FF5 and 6 were like about 5 sec's. I dont think FF1 in general is the best FF though. I really dont have a fav. Actually Im looking forward to FF12 too much so that might be my fav...

Del Murder
06-25-2005, 07:50 AM
It was good but not the best. They certainly made a lot of improvements as the series went on.

boys from the dwarf
06-25-2005, 09:59 AM
FF6 music is great especially the boos theme the battle theme gogos theme and lockes theme also the colluseum music you sayin you dont like it?

Sefie1999AD
06-25-2005, 11:18 AM
A great port unlike *coug*anthology were the ost to VI was crap. the battle and boss song were badly done why?

I think fireemblem isn't trying to say he didn't like FFVI's OST, but that it sounded bad in the PSX version. I kind of agree with him, the sound quality is quite messed up, and compared to the SNES version, the music just doesn't right at times.

Anyway, the PSX remake of FF1 is very good. The graphics look nice, I just love the music quality and the extra things are neat. The new cutscenes and gameplay don't really surprise me, though, since I've played the WSC version several times before finally getting the PSX version. To be frank, I think FF1 PSX's gameplay feels the least like FF1. It just feels so slow compared to FF1 NES, WSC and probably DoS.

Crossblades
06-28-2005, 10:39 PM
I own the GBA version. FF I is number 4 in my top 5 favorite FF list