PDA

View Full Version : Heart of the Confused

Aurion
06-24-2005, 06:10 AM
Can anyone tell me why Riku went bad?
I still don't uderstand the whole Riku being controlled by whats his name thing. :confused:

Also, I still don't understand the whole Kairi's heart is Sora's heart thing either.
Does anyone have a clue what that's about?
Please tell me, because my brain is going to explode with all of this confusion. :mad2:

Mercen-X
06-24-2005, 07:05 AM
Maleficent convinced Riku she'd help him find Kairi. She convinced him that by allowing his inner darkness to grow, he'd become powerful enough to save Kairi.
Because Riku let Maleficent manipulate him into allowing his darkness to grow, that darkness became the strings by which the spirit of Ansem could control him.

When the door at Destiny Islands was opened, Kairi was blasted passed Sora. As this occurred, her heart separated from her body. However, because of the unusually strong bond between Sora and Kairi, her heart was able to rest within his until the moment when it and her body were reunited.

SeeDRankLou
06-24-2005, 08:34 AM
Mercen-X is right, but before Malificent had any influence over Riku, Riku went bad, kind of. Riku was desperate, he would do anything to get off of the Destiny Islands. Anything, including following the darkness in his heart. He wasn't afraid of it, he accepted it as a viable way of things. As he did that, the keyblade chose Sora instead of Riku. When he was desperate to find and rescue Kairi, he again followed the darkness in his heart, and it slowly began to twist and consume him (Episode III anyone? :D ), until Ansem finally convinced him to give into the darkness completely, allowing Ansem to take over his body. When he was in the Hallow Bastion, and he had found Kairi and he knew how to potentially save her, he for once saw the light, and that light allowed him to take control of the keyblade that would have been his in the first place. But when Sora showed the keyblade the pureness and strength of his heart, it overpowered Riku's heart, even if only for an instant, which is all he needed.

Kairi's heart with Sora? Call it the effects of the paopu (sp?) fruit (at least that's what the reference to that fruit is suppose to signify). It's also possible that the keyblade, or the power of the keyblade master, had something to do with it. Who knows. But fact of the matter, Kairi flew into Sora and then vanished, so what Mercen-X said.

Skyblade
06-24-2005, 12:11 PM
Um, SeeDRankLou? Sora never shared the Paopu with Kairi, remember? He tossed it off the bridge. He did draw a picture of him sharing one with her, but he didn't actually do so.

Kairi lost her heart to Sora. When said like that, it's fairly obvious what happened. KHs just takes things a little more literally. :D

Oh, and BTW, never compare a game this good with something as hideous as Episode III. Damn, but that movie sucked...

Tifa's Real Lover(really
06-24-2005, 02:23 PM
Oh, and BTW, never compare a game this good with something as hideous as Episode III. Damn, but that movie sucked...
it didnt suck :mad: ...........it was movie of the year for me :mad:

Skyblade
06-24-2005, 04:07 PM

Well, as convincing as that was, I stand by my statement. You don't want to get into an arguement as to why that movie sucked with me, because I can prove why it was terrible before I even watched it, and now that I've seen it, I simply have more ammo to back up my claims. However, if you do wish to continue this discussion, we should take it to PMs...

Tifa's Real Lover(really
06-24-2005, 04:19 PM

Well, as convincing as that was, I stand by my statement. You don't want to get into an arguement as to why that movie sucked with me, because I can prove why it was terrible before I even watched it, and now that I've seen it, I simply have more ammo to back up my claims. However, if you do wish to continue this discussion, we should take it to PMs...

nah im good

crashNUMBERS
06-24-2005, 06:03 PM
You people should really mark your spoilers...

O_O

SeeDRankLou
06-24-2005, 10:26 PM
Um, SeeDRankLou? Sora never shared the Paopu with Kairi, remember? He tossed it off the bridge. He did draw a picture of him sharing one with her, but he didn't actually do so.
Um, yeah I know. It's not like that fruit actually had that power in the first place, I mean seriously. He wanted to share one with her, and she wanted to share one with him. He shared one with her in spirit when he did the carving, that's enough. It's the thought that was important there, not the actual ceremony.

Craig
06-24-2005, 10:33 PM
You people should really mark your spoilers...

O_O

FFI, FFII, FFIII, FFIV, FFMQ, FFV, FFVI, CT, FFVII, FFT, FFVIII, CC, FFIX, FFX, KH, and FFXI are ancient games, kids. Everyone who really cared about their stories or anything else you'd like to censor has already found out that information in the three to seventeen and a half years they've been available. (FFXI was released on May 16, 2002.) So really, don't bother with the spoiler tags unless someone makes a thread specifically asking you to censor that stuff because he never got on the ball because of some stupid excuse like "That game never came out in my country." You're breaking my heart over here, Mr. O'Malley, really.

The same applies to whatever miscellaneous media you're discussing in the Lounge or whatever. Three years is a pretty fair mark. This is our official stance here and failure to comply will find you banished to the Phantom Zone forever.

crashNUMBERS
06-24-2005, 11:11 PM
You never know if people who never played them dont want spoilers...

Skyblade
06-25-2005, 06:16 AM
You never know if people who never played them dont want spoilers...

If people who never played the game want spoilers, they ask for them. If not, there's no problem in not having them.

Chibi Youkai
06-25-2005, 03:11 PM
Yeah, we got reprimanded for putting unnecessary spoilers in. Anyways, the title just screams spoilers, by what he's asking.

And Riku really wasn't evil, he was simply misguided.

Chibi Youkai
06-26-2005, 01:27 AM
Well, we are.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-26-2005, 01:41 AM
Off the spoiler topic and back on track.

Anyways, I believe it's not that Riku was necessarily "bad", but that he was easily manipulated into following the path into the darkness. He's a passionate boy, but somewhat foolish in that regard.

Chibi Youkai
06-26-2005, 04:48 AM
Did someone delete a post in between my two?

I believe that he just let his emotions cloud his vision, and he got manipulated due to that.

edit: did I really just say that? I think I need to lay off the star wars games for awhile.:(

Mercen-X
06-26-2005, 05:34 AM
Yeah, Riku was never bad. He simply believed Sora wasn't strong enough to save Kairi and would do anything to prove it. He didn't believe that Sora truly cared about them. He was manipulated into thinking that Sora cared more about Donald and Goofy than he ever could about his own friends.

Sefie1999AD
06-26-2005, 02:10 PM
The thing which made Riku the original Keyblade master was his unwavering courage. In his heart, he wasn't afraid of anything, including the darkness. However, his courage turned more into audacity. He was willing to save Kairi and see the other worlds even if it cost him his heart and soul. He tried to get even more power to fulfill his dreams from the darkness, but eventually, when you play with the fire too much, you'll get burned. So the darkness took him over, and he became controlled by the very thing which he thought he'd be immune to. Eventually, he just wanted more power, and he forgot all about his actual dream. SeeDRankLou and Chibi Youkai, I can see the connection to Star Wars in this, as that's pretty much what happened to Anakin too.

How Kairi's heart got inside Sora was never explained really well, but I always thought it went inside Sora when Destiny Islands were destroyed early in the game. Sora enters the secret place, and he sees Kairi there. Then the door opens and Kairi gets blasted towards Sora. When her body crashes into Sora's, you can see her disappearing. I think that's when her heart got separated from her body and went inside Sora.