PDA

View Full Version : .hack series

Nanashi-kun
06-24-2005, 06:33 AM
from what i've seen these games get mixed thoughts from the people here. so share your thoughts on them.

Personally i thought they were awesome, i just hoped that they had made one game instead of 4 seperate ones.and the voice acting was very bad, but it's remedied by the fact you can set the voices to japanese. The characters were cool (and now i have a crush on Blackrose). I just wished the ending could have been better. I mean... (Spoiler alert!)

he goes to kill Corbenik and aura sacrifices herself just to be reborn. Why didn't she do that in the first place? anyway it kept me enthralled till the end so i pretty much like it.

edczxcvbnm
06-24-2005, 07:00 AM
Sorry to break your heart but the next series in the .hack universe will be 3 games. .hack//G.U. snf iy looks to be even more awesome. It uses cell shaded graphics and it is said that each of the 3 games will feature new battle systems and they even made the bold statement that the first game will be longer than the first 4 combined(I estimate around 40 hous then because the original 4 can each be done in 10).

Aurion
06-24-2005, 07:02 AM
I think they were pretty cool. Especially in in the gameplay department. It was sort of like a mix between Kindom Hearts style monster confrontation, as well as the final fantasyish abilities, but not like final fantasy the possibilities weren't all that limitless.
Nonetheless i think they were cool.
I also have to disagree about your statement on how the 4 games should be 1. I mean just think about it. Each game (in the beginning) came with a DVD of a case related to the game. So if it was all one game, you would have 4 different DVDs and 1 game, which is an odd thing to find in a game case. Also, did you think about how long the game would be for it to have to stretch across 4 games. It would be like playing a semi-Final Fantasy game. So there's my thoughts.

Drift
06-24-2005, 10:02 AM
Good game still unfinished for me though :( I found it a little repetitive but thats me ^_^

Markus. D
06-24-2005, 10:07 AM
whats everyones faveorite locale (keyword)

myne is hideous someones giant... the only locale i cant beat in mac anu.

Mercen-X
06-24-2005, 10:14 AM
Aw Geeez, you want me to name them? Well, I used to have them listed on my computer along with a bunch of very simplistic home-made dungeon walkthroughs. They were all deleted during a system crash though.
It was sort of like a mix between Kindom Hearts style monster confrontation, as well as the final fantasyish abilities, but not like final fantasy the possibilities weren't all that limitless.
Um . . . curious. At what point did you find Final Fantasy abilities to supply limitless possibilities?

Destai
06-24-2005, 12:19 PM
I loved the games and the anime SIGN and all the soundtracks. While I didnt like how all the games were the exact same I did like how the story actually lasted so long for me in that sense. I didnt see ANYTHING wrong with the english voice acting. ANYTHING. I felt the games were rushed and thrown together and the ending was dissapointing. I still loved them though. Im looking forward to .hack//G.U. (which stands for Grow Up) and the next three games are meant to have there own graphics and music and will be stand alone games.

Craig
06-24-2005, 12:39 PM
Worst £20 I ever spent.

Markus. D
06-24-2005, 02:09 PM
I have found a weird location just about an hour ago... i forgot what the keyword was... what was weird about it.

when you rid on a grunty and stepped over to a dungeon .... you fell through the ground just before entering the door, talk about glitch.

edczxcvbnm
06-24-2005, 02:31 PM
Not all the random worlds can be perfect.

Aurion
06-24-2005, 03:56 PM
Since your so curious Mercen-X I'll tell you. Think to yourself, I want to know if you've ever beaten a Final Fantasy game besides VII and VIII. Because, if you look at FFX you will see the sphere grids.(grids that enhance abilities for those of you who never played) Anyway, I've beaten the game twice and I still haven't mastered all the abilities since you can move over to other people's sphere grid and their attacks as well. And, you should take a look at FFXI for the pc.(I've never played the ps2 version yet, but i think it's the same.) You will see that you can have a main job and a sub-job, so you could be a warriorand a black mage or a white mage adn a black mage, etc. So there's your answer.

Black Mage
06-24-2005, 08:22 PM
G.U. stands for Grow Up? Has that been confirmed?

I remember in the E3 trailer, I managed to catch two different phrases in the background. One was "Guilty Universe" and the other one I can't remember fully, but it was "Genesis ... " something, I believe.

Either way, G.U. looks great so far. But then, all we've seen are cutscenes, so I guess that doesn't mean much. I also like Kite's new design, even if he's corrupt data, or whatever.

Destai
06-24-2005, 10:05 PM
G.U. stands for Grow Up? Has that been confirmed?
yup Im pretty sure.

Mercen-X
06-24-2005, 10:18 PM
Think to yourself, I want to know if you've ever beaten a Final Fantasy game besides VII and VIII. Because, if you look at FFX you will see the sphere grids.(grids that enhance abilities for those of you who never played) Anyway, I've beaten the game twice and I still haven't mastered all the abilities since you can move over to other people's sphere grid and their attacks as well. And, you should take a look at FFXI for the pc.(I've never played the ps2 version yet, but i think it's the same.) You will see that you can have a main job and a sub-job, so you could be a warriorand a black mage or a white mage and a black mage, etc. So there's your answer.
1: Yes. In fact, when it comes to next-gen games, I only buy the new ones after completing the ones I already own. In this way, I progressed through VII, VIII, IX, X, and X-2.
I do have yet to complete I-VI (and will never complete III unless it's released stateside in English), but am still playing them.
2: Well, FFX has an awful lot to offer given the Sphere Grid, but it's hardly limitless as you can continue earning spheres to max out the grids completely (if you spend the rest of your natural life playing it.)
3: Pretty much any online game offers limitless possibilities. If they didn't, they'd suck orbs. If The World were a REAL online game, I'm sure if too would feel limitless.

G.U. stands for Grow Up? Has that been confirmed?yup Im pretty sure.
Where did you get your nfo?

Black Mage
06-25-2005, 01:10 AM
Well, I went back and downloaded the trailer.

I found four phrases for G.U.. They are found 00:47 seconds into the trailer, when the screen flashes during a battle.

The four phrases are:

Guilty Universe
Gate of Urabosis
Guide to an Uprising
Genesis of Ultima

At 2:00.
Graceless Unison

Interesting, to say the least.

Mercen-X
06-25-2005, 01:15 AM
I think the point of "G.U." is to act as a reference to those terms rather than actually being the initials of any specific title.

Perhaps G.U. part 1 is made up of five chapters and each of those phrases is the title of those respective chapters.

Destai
06-25-2005, 08:38 AM
I think the point of "G.U." is to act as a reference to those terms rather than actually being the initials of any specific title.

Perhaps G.U. part 1 is made up of five chapters and each of those phrases is the title of those respective chapters.http://ps2.ign.com/articles/622/622135p1.html
Yeah they seem confident to say its "grow up" as opposed to one of those other GU titles as growing up is the main theme of the game.

Luc
06-25-2005, 10:00 AM
I like .hack so far.. but all I've beaten is the first one.. I still need to buy the others.

Nanashi-kun
06-28-2005, 09:17 AM
i want them to model an mmorpg of .hack. That would be cool. I'd pwn everyone with my Terajima Ryoko lookalik...
alright i'll shut up now.

DarkItachi
06-28-2005, 08:36 PM
I love the game if there were game like this then i wont have to kill myself :D

Mercen-X
06-28-2005, 09:27 PM
i want them to model an mmorpg of .hack. That would be cool. I'd pwn everyone with my Terajima Ryoko lookalik...
alright i'll shut up now.
I've been saying this for 12 years. (obvious lie)

I asked was people thought of the idea on Ragnarok Online . . . no one answered. Everyone ignores me.

FunkyBlackMage
07-05-2005, 06:51 PM
They're coming out with a .hack online MMORPG! :D

Here's the proof:

.hack//info center (http://dothackers.net/)

Markus. D
07-06-2005, 05:13 AM
WOW WOW WOW, i cant beleive this, but its official... there really is going to be one.

ps: damn, something else i need to save for. (this is worth it though).

edit: by the way, G.U. stands for grow up, on the dothackers site it says that there are 12 meanings for it.

SomethingBig
07-06-2005, 05:23 AM
Meh, I didn't really like the battle engine. Every time someone made an attack, everyone stopped moving.