PDA

View Full Version : RPG website

Aurion
06-24-2005, 07:17 AM
Does anyone else know about battleon.com (http://www.battleon.com) , it's a site were you can make a free account and start own your own adventure. It's awesome.
You can trust me too because as you are reading this, I'm probably playing.
I have to tell you though it's kind of cool because of all the jobs, spells, weapons, armor, and even pets, you can get! :D

Markus. D
06-24-2005, 02:05 PM
i hate it, ive been manipulated into hating it.

its just so... easy.

i had a vampire slayer with all light element everythings... including this one where you summon a sun and blow the stage up.

Aurion
06-24-2005, 06:28 PM
That's cool and all, but did you try having a level 5 dragonslayer with all the fire and ice elementals? ( one of my ice elementals is called Ice Dragon Spirit which summons the spirit of an ancient ice dragon thats pretty much destroys everything.)

Dreddz
06-24-2005, 07:09 PM
Adventre quest sucks

Aurion
06-24-2005, 07:34 PM
Not all the time. Especially when you have nothing else to do. And since you think it sucks do you have any better sites?
By the way, it would be nice if you could prove why adventure quest sucks.( for future references)

Dreddz
06-24-2005, 08:03 PM
OK then

Source 1. Its Boring

theundeadhero
06-24-2005, 08:17 PM
You can trust me too because as you are reading this, I'm probably playing.
Gosh. You sure proved me. How could I ever not trust that :p

I tried out Adventure Quest but just didn't like it a whole lot. I prefer console RPGs.

Aurion
06-24-2005, 08:23 PM
That all?! That's barely a sound reason. Some RPGs are boring, but that doesn't mean they're not something you can play to pass the time.
I respect your opinion, but just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone else won't.

ljkkjlcm9
06-24-2005, 08:23 PM
You know what the funny thing is, you're all talking about having level 5 this, or level 5 that... for your information you can train in ALL the jobs, at the same time. Since I refused to pay, I could only get to level 5 in the classes. And I stopped playing after getting a level 5 Vampire Slayer, Rogue, Ninja, Dragon Slayer, Fighter, and Mage...

It became way too easy, because I could even change my class to fit the situation I was in to really kick but... so I stopped playing. That and the fact that it became widely known and the server is always full nowadays...

THE JACKEL

Aurion
06-24-2005, 08:24 PM
that statement is to gibbi8, noit you.

The point is to take your time in training not rush through everything.

I prefer console RPGs as well but it's something to pass the time so.

Don't triple post, use the edit/delete button instead.

~Void

ljkkjlcm9
06-24-2005, 08:26 PM
The point is to take your time in training not rush through everything.

who said I rushed through everything?

THE JACKEL

Aurion
06-24-2005, 08:29 PM
It's not my fault if you guys don't like it, I mean if you don't , then stop playing don't come talk to me about the problems in the game. Send an e-mail to the creators. maybe they can make a site on the side for extra players and, maybe they would enhance the gameplay too. Maybe then you'll be happy.

It's just level 5 there are more levels than that and if you trained the one class while getting all the spells related to the class, it would take a lot longer and might be harder. Think about it.

You can also try and get all the armors for the classes too. There's another thought.

Seriously, don't triple post. Use the edit/delete button instead.

~Void

oceanfr
10-22-2005, 04:11 AM
yo anyone know any Free MMORPG like warcraft that you can talk to people, not single like adventure quest shi that games lame as hel, you just click and you win.. ;)

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-22-2005, 07:10 AM
I dislike this game. It was faintly amusing at first, but really, it's not that good.

The animation is not that bad and it's an interesting concept, but really the game provides me with little incentive to continue playing.

I COULD spend inordinate amounts of time mastering all of the classes, leveling my character into the stratosphere, and buying all of the powerful weapons and armor.

But the question here is why?

What does that net me? The ability to kill monsters faster instead of spending most of the battle in an endless "9 damage! 6 damage! 1 damage!" battle to gain a fraction of experience that doesn't bring me anywhere near progressing to the next level?

I don't play RPGs for their engrossing battle system. An RPG's battle system is generally fairly symplistic, and while it is indeed interesting to see new animations and get new spells, that alone is NOT enough to hold my interest.

Generally an RPG is played for its storyline, and the Adventure Quest storyline is so weak, fragmented and cliche it's simply not worth my effort. Seriously, I could be spending my time on something more productive, like writing my own story that trumps Adventure Quest's in every way.

If I'm going to be playing an online game, I'll play something that I enjoy playing, like Starcraft or Warcraft III. Hell, even Diablo II. I have those and they're all free, why waste time on Adventure Quest when they can do so much better? Especially since the server is never open and I have no real desire to pay to become a guardian.

If I REALLY wanted to play a game like that, I'd play Kingdom of Loathing. At least it's generally pretty consistently funny and I can actually log ON to it. Adventure Quest just falls flat in comparison.