PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever?

Lenna
06-24-2005, 12:25 PM
Yesterday morning my mum had told me (after I'd stated that I was up all night again) that she was nearly crying that early morning because of how lonely she felt, (my dad was at work, and my mum works til 4am in her room) So I told her that next time she felt like that, she should call on me and I'll come down and keep her company.

So I was up all night again today, and no sign of my mum calling me so I thought right she's happy hopefully. At 6am I had to go wake my little sister up so I dived on her and we sat chatting/giggling/actually being like sisters should for once! she went downstairs came back up from after a shower then I asked her.. "Molly, would you like to do something nice for mum, you know just to make her smile." and she said ok.

My first thought was a poem, so I asked molly, what would you put in a poem to do with mum so she was all "I don't know, you're the poet not me!" lol. So I sat down and wrote this poem:

All our lives you've made us smile,
In sadness and from hope,
But sometimes we know,
The fight means nothing,
But make us love you even more.

So take this time to know we care,
As this poem shows,
So instead of smiling for us,
Smile because we show..
You'll always mean the world.

I then got my big brother and little sister to sign it, aswell as signing it myself.. Asked my little sister to tape it onto her door so that the first thing she see's when she wakes up, is that.

Today my EMS USB2 came so my mum called up to me "TIFF YOUR PACKAGE HAS COME" and I jumped out of bed and went downstairs, then she said to me. "Thank you for that poem this morning, it really made me feel special and she gave me a cuddle and a kiss.", then asking what made us think of it. I mentioned it was my idea and why I had thought of it in the first place and again she said it was special and I feel really good about myself. Us kids don't usually do much for her but for once I decided maybe we should, even if it was just something small.. But something small can mean the world too.

Have you ever done something like that? Done something special to make someone feel special and then proud that you did it in the first place? And if you could do something for anyone you know what would it be?

Social Moon Firesky
06-24-2005, 12:38 PM
I once told my friends (And I seriously mean this) that if they were ever ill and needed a kidney or something, I would offer mine. :)

Loony BoB
06-24-2005, 12:41 PM
I do little things for Sarah all the time. As for non-girlfriends, though, which I'm assuming is what you're more thinking about... hmm. I've written a poem for my stepsister randomly, I've taken my little siblings out once or twice I think, I've danced with my sister on her 16th birthday (a very big thing for me, regardless of it being her birthday) and I often invite my Mum up for the weekend which is kind of special in it's own way. It's rare that I really do anything too special for someone I'm not in love with, though. But as for Sarah? I've done many things, but most of them are kind of personal so I won't really go into detail. Sometimes simple things - like sending flowers to her for no reason whatsoever - can make someone's day so much better. It's always more special when you do something without any real obligatory reason, which is why flowers on some idle Tuesday in May will always be more special than flowers on Valentines day. I guess it's the fact that you've actually bothered to think of them.

Devourment
06-24-2005, 12:51 PM
I do a lot of nice things for my mum, 'cause I lover her lots. I'm always helping her with things & I'm never rude to her that much. On Mother's Day I'm always very nice to her, though I am all year round, I'm just extra nice to her on Mother's Day. I normally start by making her favourite breakfast in bed at about 11am, then I do all the jobs around the house [Flat now :cry: ] that need to be done. [I don't normally do all the jobs around the house, just the odd ones like washing up, hoovering, dusting & hanging the clean washing.] Then later on in the day I either take her to a nice place to eat or I make her dinner at home. If I'm going to take her somewhere to eat then I'll take her to a restaurant or a nice pub / music bar to eat, but if I'm cooking for her at home then I'll ask her what she wants to have, then I'll try to attempt to cook it. So even if it is not very good, she'll still appreciate me for trying. Oh, & I normally out the blue tend to ask to make the dinner, which makes her feel proud of me. 'Cause after all, she wouldn't be that proud of me if I was going to live on microwaveable meals all my life. And that's about it.. If it's her birthday then it's more or less similar to Mother's Day.

Sometimes I do little special things for her to remind her of how great a mum she is, I mean, it's only normal.

Shlup
06-24-2005, 01:42 PM
I don't do nice things for other people. I suck like that.

Mittopotahis
06-24-2005, 01:51 PM
No, I have'nt done anything nice to my mum recently, and I am feeling really guilty about it. Maybe I should do something extra special for her. I can't do any breakfast in bed's because she hates them (I am serious, the only mother in the world not to like breakfast in bed :p) And if I do all the washing etc. She won't notice it, because thats just my normal chores...hmmmm...Maybe i should just write a passage about how much che means to me. Yeah, that will be nice. :)

Chris
06-24-2005, 01:53 PM
I can't seem to do nice things for others... when I do, they always end up beating me over the head. :(

Mittopotahis
06-24-2005, 02:32 PM
I can't seem to do nice things for others... when I do, they always end up beating me over the head. :(

That's quite an incentive, isn't it?

Rusty
06-24-2005, 02:44 PM
I try and do special stuff for the people I love. I love to send people gifts of things I know they want when I can afford it. It makes me all warm and fuzzy.

At the moment I would really love to be able to buy my Dad another motorbike - I have always wanted to do that eve since he sold his years and years ago.

Rye
06-24-2005, 03:06 PM
I do nice things for people I'm close to. :) Horrible as it sounds, my family is mean, so I hardly do anything for them. But for my friends and my boyfriend, I do nice things. If any of the people I'm close to are sad, I try to cheer them up by talking with them. :<3:

Heartless
06-24-2005, 03:23 PM
I love my friends and i try to make them happy by doing nice things to them.

Drift
06-24-2005, 03:58 PM
I tell my friends that I'd die for them. family...well I'll work in the shop for them when they need me too even though i hate it there and when I'm out with friends.

Jess
06-24-2005, 04:03 PM
If I know I can make somebody happy by doing something, and not going out of my way then I'll do it. I like making people smile. :)

Like kyuzo said, I would die for any of my family/friends. I would rather save them than myself.

Zeldy
06-24-2005, 04:14 PM
Hmm, id probably risk my life for the people i love

Freya
06-24-2005, 05:25 PM
I can't make breakfast in bed ofr my mom, she wakes up way before anyone else so i have to wake up at like 4 to make it. I don't really do nice things but hearing these stories i think mabye i should start.

Alive-Cat
06-24-2005, 05:59 PM
I'd do anything for anyone. I'd even die. What? *Dies*

Doomie
06-24-2005, 06:00 PM
I once wrote a song about the time my sister fell down the stairs.

Del Murder
06-25-2005, 02:19 AM
Yes, I love doing things like that for special people, but I don't want to list them.

Mr. Graves
06-25-2005, 03:49 AM
I'd do things to help friends out. Material things, but hey... they're things, and it's doing good deeds.

Kamiko
06-25-2005, 03:54 AM
Sometimes I loan clothing and donate organs...
^_^ I do all sorts of strange things to help people out. I'm very enthusiastic. Possibly over enthusiastic.... :fpsweat:

black orb
06-25-2005, 04:18 AM
>>> Not very much. I dont have a girlfriend and my friends and family are very distant right now, so Im not doing special things for anyone..

smittenkitten
06-25-2005, 04:19 AM
Well i love helping people once when i was walking in a tunnel i was eating a chicken baguette and i seen this homeless guy sitting with a little sign so i gave him the rest of my baguette and a pound awe he was so happee i also wrote a poem for this guy i loved and i don't think il put it on the site but i was about him being so mean but he would always be priceless to me :skull3:....

Reles
06-25-2005, 07:43 AM
Hmm, id probably risk my life for the people i love

Same. Even if I didn't know the person. I know that's weird, :/ but perhaps the world would be a better place if people stepped up and did nice things every so often. Sometimes when others feel unloved they fall into depression and eventually feel like killing themselves and to do one nice thing can make a huge difference in their world. I've saved someone's life once just by even talking to them and noticing them. I've been through some bad things in my life and I just wish one person would of talked to me during that time of my life, to let me know that everything would be alright, but there wasn't anyone. And all of the friends I had at that time were self-centered and just BLEH. So I felt like killing myself. :s

Kirobaito
06-25-2005, 07:47 AM
I did my homework for my sister a few weeks ago. She paid me, but normally I wouldn't even do it for money.

Armisael
06-25-2005, 09:52 AM
I love my family and my friends!I always help them where i can!And then yes,i feel proud about it!^_^

Spiffing Cheese
06-25-2005, 09:57 AM
I give people cheese when they're sad.