PDA

View Full Version : Ultima and its colors o_O

Alexander
06-24-2005, 03:52 PM
Why doesn't Ultima have a definite color? It is blue in VI, green in VII, purple in IX/T/T-A. Etc.

I never understood that... xD

ThroneofDravaris
06-24-2005, 04:00 PM
Ultima is non elemental, so it doesn’t really have a defined colour. Basically, Ultima changes in every game to make it look more spectacular than all of the other spells.

crashNUMBERS
06-24-2005, 05:37 PM
Haha!! lol. True. It does have its multi colors but like Davaris said, Its a non elemental...

rubah
06-24-2005, 09:53 PM
It's "white" in ff2j.

I think of it as purple, though.

KoShiatar
06-24-2005, 10:05 PM
If I recall correctly, "White" and "pearl" spells are those that in the original Japanese games were called Holy.

Alexander
06-24-2005, 11:06 PM
She meant that Ultima's color in FFIIj is white. I've played the DoS version, so... XD

Yuffie514
06-25-2005, 12:30 AM
Ultima has an additional side-effect, but it works outside the game > seizures :Oo: :O_O: :whaaa: !

MushroomZOMBIE
06-25-2005, 01:07 AM
^ Yeah......I would like to see a black,red,green &purpleUltima!!!!! HURRAH FOR MY FAVORITE COLORS!!!!! :upsidedow

MAS82587
06-25-2005, 03:30 AM
did anyone else think it was weird that your party members couldnt use ultima in ffix?

Medi
06-25-2005, 04:19 AM
Yeah, I hated that. They should have given Doomsday to Kuja and Ultima to Vivi, and they should have changed the look of Ultima in FF9 and I completely hate Doomsday anyway.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-25-2005, 04:34 AM
One thing I noticed while playing FFII is that Flare is a blue-white explosion and Ultima is a fiery orange one, when it's usually the reverse.

MushroomZOMBIE
06-25-2005, 08:35 PM
^ Yeah,it should be.I agree......Ultima*The magic* seems to be of a more........."holy" element......even though it's not,Flare is almost "fire" based.......even though they have no specific element,it's the way I see it.I think Ultima should be placed in White Magic,while Flare should be placed as Black Magic.They are still non-elemental,but still in a class.Flare was Black Magic in FF1 *Called NUKE in the NES version....if I am correct.*So,I think it's fair to put Ultima in White Magic.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-25-2005, 09:59 PM
That was only true in FFII, though. In prettymuch all the other games, Flare's opposite is Holy, and Ultima is above them both. The only exception that springs to mind is FFVII, where Holy's opposite is Meteor, and Flare and Ultima are both beneath them.

MushroomZOMBIE
06-26-2005, 02:45 AM
Meteor WAS exclusive to that game to be against Holy.............It (Meteor),was contained within the Black Materia ,which Sephiroth used to destroy the world.The White Materia,which Aeris had,contains Holy,which was to be used in an emergency......if the world was in danger,in this case.

So,Flare is opposed to Holy......except in FF2 as mentioned above post,lacking Holy,& FF7.I need to remember things more often.....:p Having short-term memory sucks.....
Anyways,on topic......I think it would be weird for Ultima Weapon to have "Multiple colors",Hell,all the colors of all the elements,that would make it non-elemental. :tongue:

Excelsior
06-27-2005, 03:54 AM
i always thought ultima was supposed to be some kind of nuclear explosion type thing. that would make the most sense with 7, 8, and 10, as they are radiation-green and, well, giant nuclear explosions.

Alexander
06-27-2005, 06:59 PM
Wait, FFII HAS Holy o_O

And I've always thought that Flare, as Black Magic, should be the opposite of Holy, as White Magic... and above them, Meteor, as Black Magic, should be the opposite of Ultima, as White Magic.

And FFVIII's and FFX's Ultima have strange colors. But they are so strange, that each people says a different color. xD

And I agree and disagree about Doomsday/Ultima. It'd make more sense if Kuja busted you with Doomsday, since it's such a "apocalyptic" magic. But Ultima is special. And besides, if Vivi could use Ultima, Flare would be obsolete. Since by the Disc 4, Vivi should have Half MP... plus, Ozma would be IMPOSSIBLE to the Lv1 Ozma Challenge if she used Ultima (remember, Doomsday would be Kuja-only). She could kill you by Ultima-Curse, Curse-Ultima, and the default Meteor-Curse; and Doomsday is a breather in this battle, if you absorb Shadow/do the Friendly Monster quest/both.

MushroomZOMBIE
06-27-2005, 07:03 PM
Well,Ultima is not scientifically made.....it's MAGIC .Magic was,& always is,against science,therefore,how can Ultima be a nuclear explosion?Unless it's natural,which I don't think it's possble......it COULD be natural nuclear explosion......!!!! :p
Alexander,that was what I was thinking.......Meteor in FFT was Time Magic,though.& I think Ultima can only be learned by Ramza & Alma....I don't remeber,I think it was a rumor......

rubah
06-27-2005, 08:31 PM
Wait, FFII HAS Holy o_O

Yeah, it's white magic just like ultima seems to be.

Ultima is not scientifically made
It is in ff8.
And ff6, because celes can learn it.

MushroomZOMBIE
06-27-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by someone.........

Wow.I'm a someone!!!!Wow,geez,do I feel special!!!I went from invisible to SOMEONE!!!!
I don't remember Ultima being scientifically made in FF8........:confused: Haven't played lately,either!!!