PDA

View Full Version : Fine Eating?

Rye
06-24-2005, 10:55 PM
Do you like fine eating? Like, going to restaurants and trying some expensive food from the other side of the world?

I don't. Like, steak for instance. People pay a lot of money to eat the tiny part of it, file mingon or something French, when steak has absolutly no taste to it. I've tried it a few times. I strongly dislike it. It's like chewing on a boot, it's so rubbery, and it has no taste even if drenched in steak sauce. My Dad insists that I should eat because I'm too white and he's convinced I have anemia or something, what an idiot. xD

I also dislike steak as I have to cut it. I can't cut food, how ever stupid that sounds. I'm scared of knives and I hold them all wrong when I try to cut things.

Anyways, I'm a very plain eater. I like chicken cullets, scrambled eggs, french fries, pizza, salad, and sometimes hamburgers. The most foreign thing I eat a lot is a quesadilla, and that's not even foreign as you can get it at Taco Bell. And I don't eat seafood.

Do you practice fine eating? And please, someone tell me, what is the appeal to steak?

lord shishio
06-24-2005, 11:00 PM
Well, if you're talking about steak, I guess it's okay at times, but I can't have it too often (nor could I afford it). But I'd say the best type is, medium steak from the outback steakhouse.
:bow: long live the steakhouse

Craig
06-24-2005, 11:03 PM
No, I don't like fine eating, I prefer quantity over quality when it comes to food (as long as it doesn't taste like foot ofcoursre). Although I do enjoy a nice juicy Steak, but I can get that from a shop.

Spammerman
06-24-2005, 11:03 PM
I like regualr food.Hot dog, eggs over easy, hamburgers, FRENCH FRIES, hashbrowns, ice cream and stuff like that. I think some people like steak cauase its MEATY.srry, im hyper.

Chris
06-24-2005, 11:04 PM
Yes I do, unfortunately my parents are loaded with money... that sounds like a good thing... but that also means that I have to go to these formal parties. I hate those. :cry:

louby_4eva
06-24-2005, 11:07 PM
I can't cut food, how ever stupid that sounds. I'm scared of knives and I hold them all wrong when I try to cut things.

I can't cut food either, I have no idea how to hold a knife and fork. :D :D :D
I've never been to a restaurant, unless you include fast food.

Smile and Be happy :love:

Rye
06-24-2005, 11:08 PM
I can't cut food, how ever stupid that sounds. I'm scared of knives and I hold them all wrong when I try to cut things.

I can't cut food either, I have no idea how to hold a knife and fork. :D :D :D
I've never been to a restaurant, unless you include fast food.

Smile and Be happy :love:

Yay, I'm not the only one. xD

Craig
06-24-2005, 11:10 PM
Neither can I. Once I tried to cut some Chicken and it flew off the table.

Hawkeye
06-24-2005, 11:10 PM
HELL NO

DK
06-24-2005, 11:13 PM
I like food with flavour, like asian food, indian and chinese. Plain food is boring. Although, Steaks are awesome. Just don't overcook them. You need blood coming out of the middle. <3

Spammerman
06-24-2005, 11:13 PM
I barely use knives, ever since I almost barely hit myself in the neck with one while makin a mayonaise sandwich.

lord shishio
06-24-2005, 11:18 PM
lol, I burn easy mac in th microwave, so I prefer just to go out. Not to mention the time I caught my toast on fire in the toaster oven.

Shlup
06-24-2005, 11:33 PM
Usually I prefer to make something myself, or something easy, but last Saturday BJ took me out to an expensive French place and it was so good. Oh man that was good.

And then after we went to Baskin Robins. ^_^

Shoeberto
06-24-2005, 11:36 PM
My family eats steak all the time. It's kind of bleah. My mom orders like half a side of beef to keep us stocked up on all kinds of steak (plus ground beef and hamburgers and stuff) so we eat it a lot. There's only one kind of it that I really enjoy and the name escapes me at the moment. Usually there's more fat and bone to a cut than there is meat, which kind of bugs me.

I'd much rather eat chicken breast. I could eat that stuff every night.

Dr.K
06-24-2005, 11:39 PM
I'm not a fan. While eating out and the things associated with it are nice, I just kinda feel like "What's the point?". There are people starving and ailing in other countries, so surely your weekly shopping will suffice your appetite, taste buds and nutritional needs. I'm no moral angel or anything obviously, but I'd just feel weird going out to luxurious restaurants all the time and stuff. It's great for a special occassion and there's no harm in it, but in the end, I don't see the point.

Chaos
06-24-2005, 11:48 PM
Yeah, I like posh eating.
I like most food really, aside from Chicken, unless BBQ'd. I like lots of stuff. My beef has to be bloody rare. Blue, I think they call it.

I'm liking Japenese food at the moment. Sushi and tempura prawns and dumplings and tepen yaki and stuff. Very nice.

Chaos

-N-
06-24-2005, 11:52 PM
I don't need it, but it's a lot of fun. Especially with booze. :D

Miriel
06-25-2005, 12:37 AM
If there's one thing I love about living in Los Angeles, it's the food.

There's nothing I like splurging on more than really great food. I can do without buying new clothes/games/books/whatever just for a night of fine dining at Dolce or Spago. My whole family loves steak, so I've been to some really nice steakhouses before.

But most of the time I can get all the foriegn food I want for under 10 bucks. I have Thai, Indian, Greek, Japanese, Hawaiian, and Italian food almost as often as I have a plain old hamburger. Probably more.

Food is love.

DK
06-25-2005, 12:41 AM
Oh, this was about resteraunts. I'm not really bothered about them to be honest. Excessively expensive ones are the suck though. And i'd trade it all for my Dad's goat curry anyway. <3

kikimm
06-25-2005, 12:46 AM
I've never had a steak in my entire life. It doesn't appeal to me. I like beef, but steak...it's just too much food.

And I don't like eating out at fancy restaurants. I don't like going to restaurants at all, really. The whole process bores me to death. But I don't like fast food either. :)

:D

Yuffie514
06-25-2005, 12:55 AM
fine dining is oriental cuisines. um, but it's not always that way. unwanted guests are the subject of food-poisoning :foot: .

rubah
06-25-2005, 02:14 AM
I have what some would call an 'uncultured palette'

Quina
06-25-2005, 02:45 AM
Sometimes I get the honey mustard sauce instead of barbecue.

Meat Puppet
06-25-2005, 04:37 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/liamd/fire.jpg
He does eat it before spitting it out.

Rusty
06-25-2005, 05:23 AM
I like going to eat out and trying different foods from around the world. Going out to restaurants is fun - it's nice to dress up, eat and all that stuff :)

Steak? Whats wrong with steak? Isn't is like a staple food? I eat steak at least 2 or 3 times a week. Scotch fillet, t-bone etc. It's so delicious. Maybe it's just an Australian thing - I have no idea.

Cruise Control
06-25-2005, 05:24 AM
Only shrimp alfredo, and babyback ribs. These are incredibly rare buys though

smittenkitten
06-25-2005, 05:27 AM
Well i don't eat any red meat but i don't mind it when guys take me out to fancy Chinese Restruants hehe i think it charming and the food is Yumeee :skull7:.x..

ShivaBlizzard8
06-25-2005, 05:32 AM
Hooray! Somebody else who doesn't like steak!

My parents have been confounded about that since I was a kid, but no matter how many times I've tried it I still don't enjoy it, although I do like the smell.

In general I'm a very plain eater; although I'll try anything once, I don't like to dress my food up at all, even with simple domesticated staples. For instance, I rarely use butter on bread, I hate cream cheese, ketchup, mustard, or relish, I don't use salt much, and I never put salad dressing on my salads.

Reles
06-25-2005, 07:32 AM
I'd like to try other things, but if it's a sort of meat I haven't tried...then no, never know what kind of meat it's going to be. I don't necessarily like steak as much as the average person, it depends on the quality, but I'm a rather picky eater when it comes to meat, it can't have any fat on it or I won't eat it.

Devourment
06-25-2005, 11:13 AM
I don't mind going to a restaurant & eating foreign food, as long as there is something on my plate. Restaurants seem to try & give off the sense that they're so pish-posh & all, but in actual fact they're rubbish. You pay large amounts of money for something that could fit on the plate ten times over, & it's never properly cooked, it's always under cooked. And then there's the fact that people seem to think that appearance is everything! They tower things on top on each other, trying to make it all pretty like, but there's no need! I mean, fair enough you don't want a mess of your food, but they could at least just put it on the plate normally instead of entering it in an art contest.

I have been to quite a few restaurants, namely Chinese, Indian & Italian. & some ones that sell English food ie: like you have on a Sunday dinner. Most of the ones that I've been to have been okay, but I'm not one to want to go to restaurants all my life, 'cause I just couldn't be doing with it.

[Rant over/]

I'm not a fussy eater, I'll try anything once, but I tend to do my own meals at home if I want to, 'cause my mum lets me. I'd rather cook for someone than take them to a restaurant, 'cause you're putting your effort into making the meal.

ZuZu
06-25-2005, 11:17 AM
When I first looked this thread, I read "Fire eating" :lol:
I'm too tired...

Never have been in a really fine restaurant. In this little city where I live doesn't have any. But I still think that those kind of places aren't not for me... pizza please!

Breine
06-25-2005, 11:21 AM
We actually get steak a lot and I really like it. About the fine eating part: Yeah, I actually like going to restaurants... But of course it is not all restaurants that are worth the money they charge for their food. I also love foreign food, and trying something new... which actually happens pretty often now that I think of it.

Zeldy
06-25-2005, 12:01 PM
Im actually not a lover of English foods, give me pasta over a English breakfast anyday

Jess
06-25-2005, 12:55 PM
I'm mostly into plain food, and I don't eat steak as I barely eat beef, but my parents love it.

I :<3: Chinese and Italian food too, but I don't really go to restaurants I'd much rather just go to the Chinese and get a take-away. :love:

DK
06-25-2005, 02:51 PM
Im actually not a lover of English foods, give me pasta over a English breakfast anyday

That's one of the English things I do like, a English breakfast. Especially Black Pudding. <33

lord shishio
06-25-2005, 07:13 PM
If i'm hungry, I'll just raid the house of everything

Giga Guess
06-25-2005, 07:19 PM
If a meal costs me more than $15 per person, it's not happening. Sorry, it's just that I'm incredibly cheap...it's in my blood.

NorthernChaosGod
06-25-2005, 10:51 PM
not too fine of eating. but i do enjoy a good steak.

mmmmmm. . . . steak

Casey
06-27-2005, 08:12 AM
Every once in awhile hit the 1$ Chinese food place. :D

Apollo
06-27-2005, 09:08 AM
I love steak, I just hate cutting it. I always have to have someone else do it for me. :p

As for fine eating, it's okay. But I like burgers and fries and stuff like that more. :D

Peegee
06-27-2005, 09:37 AM
I like a good rare steak (I once lived with this girl Tara who liked her steak BLUE RARE. omg), but it's hardly 'fine dining' by any standard. When I go to a really really nice restaurant I order something nice like roast shrimp with some sort of pasta (depending on what they have), with alfredo sauce. Or something not as messy. But not steak lolz.

And yes, even I can behave in a fine dining restaurant.

BTW Rye, you ARE a picky eater! :o

Rye
06-27-2005, 01:12 PM
I like a good rare steak (I once lived with this girl Tara who liked her steak BLUE RARE. omg), but it's hardly 'fine dining' by any standard. When I go to a really really nice restaurant I order something nice like roast shrimp with some sort of pasta (depending on what they have), with alfredo sauce. Or something not as messy. But not steak lolz.

And yes, even I can behave in a fine dining restaurant.

BTW Rye, you ARE a picky eater! :o

I am ;______________; xD