PDA

View Full Version : I became the first FF8 player to defeat Omega Weapon without Lionheart!

yuffielover
06-25-2005, 05:59 AM
I have became the first FF8 player to beat Omega Weapon without Squall's best weapon and Limit break. I first had Rinoa cast Triple on Squall, Squall then cast Aura on everyone, while Selphie used Holy War. Then, Squall got Rough Divide, Rinoa summoned Eden and dealt 99999 damage (Critical Hit), and then, Selphie got The End and it was bye-bye omega weapon! How about an accomplishment like that? Has anyone else managed to do this?

Christmas
06-25-2005, 06:09 AM
i did know from somewhere you can't do 99999 damage, the most is capped at 65535 or something for FF8. And using Holy war... Does that count?

ThroneofDravaris
06-25-2005, 08:59 AM
Err, I think using The End on Omega Weapon is much cheaper than using Lionheart. That’s like using Zanmato on Penance!

And even if you had beat him properly without it, you wouldn’t be the first…

Armisael
06-25-2005, 10:00 AM
Has anyone else managed to do this?
No!
But well done!^_^

boys from the dwarf
06-25-2005, 10:43 AM
your not the first FF player ever to do it.your just cheap.the end? ive never even used that and i never plan to and i never use selphie either.and what about shootong star thats almost as good as lionheart sometomes so as ive said before people have done it before without even using limit breaks kay so what make you think your the first.the end is the cheapest attack on the game.your as low as you can get braggin about braggin about using the easiest strategy to beat any boss.

nik0tine
06-25-2005, 11:33 AM
Yeah... The End doesn't count.

Ultima Shadow
06-25-2005, 12:10 PM
I have became the first FF8 player to beat Omega Weapon without Squall's best weapon and Limit break. I first had Rinoa cast Triple on Squall, Squall then cast Aura on everyone, while Selphie used Holy War. Then, Squall got Rough Divide, Rinoa summoned Eden and dealt 99999 damage (Critical Hit), and then, Selphie got The End and it was bye-bye omega weapon! How about an accomplishment like that??XD! :bigbiggri

The End= most cheap move in the game. Holy Wars= most cheap item in the game.
It's nice that you're happy for beating Omega... but using The End is absolutely nothing to be braging about. :p

I guess you wouldn't belive me if I told you that I have defeated Omega Weapon without Lion Heart, without Hero and Holy Wars, without The End and BLINDFOLDED. I guess you wouldn't belive me if I told you that I have defeated him without using any status boosting junctioning + only the weakest weapons in the game and without The End or and hero or holy war items. Well... I have. :spin:

That's something to be braging about! *brags repeatedly* :D

But seriously... it would have been less cheap to use Lion Heart than The End. next time, I suggest that you use neither Lion Heart or The end. :greenie: And no Holy Wars either for that matter. :p

boys from the dwarf
06-25-2005, 12:26 PM
yeah! stick it to him ultima. but ive said it once and ive said it again.

your not the first FF player ever to do it.your just cheap.the end? ive never even used that and i never plan to and i never use selphie either.and what about shootong star thats almost as good as lionheart sometomes so as ive said before people have done it before without even using limit breaks kay so what make you think your the first.the end is the cheapest attack on the game.your as low as you can get braggin about braggin about using the easiest strategy to beat any boss.
take that yuffie lover :p :tongue: :p :tongue: :p :tongue: :p :tongue: :p :tongue: :p :tongue: :p :tongue: :tongue:

thinking of names is hard
06-25-2005, 12:26 PM
I guess you wouldn't belive me if I told you that I have defeated Omega Weapon without Lion Heart, without Hero and Holy Wars, without The End and BLINDFOLDED.

That is impressive. But Why the hell were you fighting him blindfolded? Maybe you did use the end and holy wars but you just didnt realise because your eyes were shut?
Just a suggestion...

P.s:

Ouch...

Ultima Shadow
06-25-2005, 12:36 PM
That is impressive. But Why the hell were you fighting him blindfolded? Maybe you did use the end and holy wars but you just didnt realise because your eyes were shut?
Just a suggestion...

1) I didn't use Selphie
2) I didn't even have any Hero or Holy War items

Oh, and since listening to the sound effects is 1 of the keys to beat Omega blindfolded, I also HEARED that I didn't use any of those. :p

Del Murder
06-26-2005, 01:35 AM
You are not the first, but that is still pretty good. I can't even beat him normal.

disapointedchild
06-26-2005, 05:37 AM
Sorry, unless you did that two years ago, your not the first.

Although Ultima shadow is probaly the first to do it blindfolded. It is really easy though, because all omegas attacks are repeated, exept lv. 5 death.

Ultima was a bit more of a challenge, because his attacks were random. Just not nearly enough HP.

Oh, and I would go do all that stuff Ultima did, but I overwrited my save file after I beat him. And to get the chance to fight him again I would have to beat the game again.

Ultima Shadow
06-26-2005, 11:01 AM
Sorry, unless you did that two years ago, your not the first.

Although Ultima shadow is probaly the first to do it blindfolded. It is really easy though, because all omegas attacks are repeated, exept lv. 5 death.

Ultima was a bit more of a challenge, because his attacks were random. Just not nearly enough HP.

Oh, and I would go do all that stuff Ultima did, but I overwrited my save file after I beat him. And to get the chance to fight him again I would have to beat the game again.
Well, you could replay it this way:

This way, this easy game actually becomes a great challange instead of the easiest of all the FF's. This is how to go: All the characters must only have their first weapon trough the whole game. Cards are not allowed to be refined into items. You are not allowed to draw from enemies or bosses (neither GFs or Magic), only drawpoints or refine items into magic. And finally... are you ready? ...Only junction Ability (mad rush, darkside etc). No other forms of junctioning are allowed. No magic junctioning to boost stats and not even those 20%str and Auto-protect etc junctionings are allowed to be junctioned.

So basically... your party have their first weapons... low stats (suprisingly useless attack command) and more limmited amount of Magics and GFs + can't get 100hero from the Laguna card :evilking: . In the very begining it's not that hard but since the monsters also lvl up... on my current place in this FFVIII challange I had to hit one of those small brown crawles 3 times to kill it.

And finally... the ULTIMATE challange... to defeat Omega and Ultima Weapon this way (without using "the end" of course) however that's an optional super challange.

All in all this is just for FFVIII freaks who want to test their skill at FFVIII.

Dreddz
06-26-2005, 11:02 AM
I dont remeber exactly, but for my 3rd or 4th runthrough, I got bored and used a cheat-disc at the end of the game, all my characters did 9999 with attacks, but I dont know if I used Lionheart, anywayz, I dont think this counts as I cheated and am as guilty as charged
Good on you for doing it

DMKA
06-26-2005, 12:19 PM
I did that back in 2000. You're far from the first honey, trust me.

ff-fanatix
06-26-2005, 06:26 PM
*bows to ultima-shadow*

and yuffielover

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHA

HA....

disapointedchild
06-26-2005, 07:48 PM
This way, this easy game actually becomes a great challange instead of the easiest of all the FF's. This is how to go: All the characters must only have their first weapon trough the whole game. Cards are not allowed to be refined into items. You are not allowed to draw from enemies or bosses (neither GFs or Magic), only drawpoints or refine items into magic. And finally... are you ready? ...Only junction Ability (mad rush, darkside etc). No other forms of junctioning are allowed. No magic junctioning to boost stats and not even those 20%str and Auto-protect etc junctionings are allowed to be junctioned.

So basically... your party have their first weapons... low stats (suprisingly useless attack command) and more limmited amount of Magics and GFs + can't get 100hero from the Laguna card :evilking: . In the very begining it's not that hard but since the monsters also lvl up... on my current place in this FFVIII challange I had to hit one of those small brown crawles 3 times to kill it.

And finally... the ULTIMATE challange... to defeat Omega and Ultima Weapon this way (without using "the end" of course) however that's an optional super challange.

All in all this is just for FFVIII freaks who want to test their skill at FFVIII.

Well, you know what, I am going to go do that, I even printed out ultima's rules of engagment, so I could follow them throughout the game. Then I will be the second person to defeat Omega with a blindfold. And the first to defeat
ultima with a blidnfold? Maybe?

Just one question, after omega uses light pillar on a random person in your party, how did you know which character to revive if you were blindfolded?

But I should of said this before, so as not to be rude, congratulations on defeating omega.

Your a real winner.

Ultima Shadow
06-26-2005, 09:37 PM
Well, you know what, I am going to go do that, I even printed out ultima's rules of engagment, so I could follow them throughout the game. Then I will be the second person to defeat Omega with a blindfold. And the first to defeat

Just one question, after omega uses light pillar on a random person in your party, how did you know which character to revive if you were blindfolded?

Awesome! Tell me about how it's going as you're advancing. Maybe you could make thread about it and update as you're advancing etc. :D

Gah... I have defeated Omega and Ultimecia blindfolded but still not attempted Ultima blindfolded! I'll do that sometime soon though. :p

Simple. Memory is extremely important. You'll have to place the "Magic" command on the same line for every character (I had it directly under the "Attack" command so I just needed to press "down" once to have the Magic command selected) then you'll have to remember "where" you put each spell that will be useful in this battle. For example, before I fought Omega, I put Full Life on the first place in the magic list, Aura on the second and Meltdown on the thirth etc. This way, I just needed to select "Magic" by pressing down once after hearing that someone got a turn and then press X, and then just chose a spell by pressing "down" a certain amount of times depending on which spell I wanted to use. Or in this case, I just had to press X again since Full Life was automatically the first selected spell in the magic list. And the KOed character is also automatically selected, so yeah... :cool:

MAS82587
06-27-2005, 12:20 AM
the whole point of these optional bosses put in final fantasys is to test your character's true strengths and give you the best challenge the game can offer. beating a boss like this using something like THE END or another 1-hit-kill attack defeats the purpose of these bosses.
beating these bosses involves training for long hours to get ur characters strong enough to actually put up a fight. a level 1 selfie could have got THE END while fighting omega and won, too.
as far as im concerned, you have nothing to brag about. sorry if i sound harsh and like a jerk, but i really dont think the developers put omega in the game, just for u to try and get THE END on him.
im sure u can beat him without THE END, just try it.

crashNUMBERS
06-27-2005, 12:58 AM
Wow congrats!! Im still stuck on adel...

nik0tine
06-27-2005, 08:10 AM
Adel is easy once you have learned the adminstratar ability.

Devourment
06-27-2005, 09:17 AM
It's not that hard to kill Omega Weapon without using Squall's Lionheart blade & Limit. You could use Irvine & use his most effective Shot Limit against Omega. That's how I killed Ultimecia.

ff-fanatix
06-27-2005, 02:34 PM

Awesome! Tell me about how it's going as you're advancing. Maybe you could make thread about it and update as you're advancing etc. :D

Gah... I have defeated Omega and Ultimecia blindfolded but still not attempted Ultima blindfolded! I'll do that sometime soon though. :p

Simple. Memory is extremely important. You'll have to place the "Magic" command on the same line for every character (I had it directly under the "Attack" command so I just needed to press "down" once to have the Magic command selected) then you'll have to remember "where" you put each spell that will be useful in this battle. For example, before I fought Omega, I put Full Life on the first place in the magic list, Aura on the second and Meltdown on the thirth etc. This way, I just needed to select "Magic" by pressing down once after hearing that someone got a turn and then press X, and then just chose a spell by pressing "down" a certain amount of times depending on which spell I wanted to use. Or in this case, I just had to press X again since Full Life was automatically the first selected spell in the magic list. And the KOed character is also automatically selected, so yeah... :cool:

ok im not doubting this little theory of yours...but...How did you know a character was dead?? or low on health?

Ultima Shadow
06-27-2005, 04:31 PM
ok im not doubting this little theory of yours...but...How did you know a character was dead?? or low on health?
That's the hardest thing about playing blindfolded. I don't know if a character is KOed or at low HP. I have to GUESS. From the very start of the battle, you have to guess what the situation is like, judging from the Sound Effects. When I hear that Meteor has been cast, I know that Omega will use Megido Flame next and therefore I use something that I know will heal my party enough to make everyone have full HP before it's cast. After Megido Flmae is cast, I know that everyone only have 1 HP left etc. The only point where I KNOW that someone's KOed is after Light Pillar. I know that it won't miss and I know that it will KO 1 of my characters. Therefore, after Light Pillar is cast, I use Full Life with the next character that gets a turn. By knowing Omegas attacks and the average dammage they cause, you'll have to guess what the situation is like.

xarabas
06-27-2005, 11:45 PM
yuffielover,youre not the first. i also manage to do that.except i wasnt using the end,only holy war.in my team were squall,zell and irvine.irvine used hyper shot and zell used final heaven.it was a long fight,but i managed somehow.

Xaven
06-28-2005, 01:55 AM
You don't have to go that hard on Yuffie's lover. It may not be much to you guys, but apparantly, s/he is proud of it. Just let him/her be happy...

Anyways, I have yet to defeat Omega without all the stuff you mentioned (I think). It's been a while.

crazybayman
06-28-2005, 02:01 PM
Yeah, obviously the kid didn't realize many others have done it before. No need to be nasty. :)

I however have not done such a feat, let alone blind folded. I love that game, but I don't have even close to enough time to practice it blindfolded.

Mirage
06-28-2005, 08:38 PM
Magical attacks can hit critically? News to me.

MushroomZOMBIE
06-28-2005, 10:13 PM
Seriously....Yuffielover is new.........Don't be so smurfing hard on her,SHE DID NOT KNOW! People are such assholes......that's a good reason to be anti-social!!! :D
Blindfolded...I hate when people brag like that.I feel stupid,compared to everyone in this forum.Thank you for making me feel stupid.I always will be.smurf.....

Sometimes,magic hits critically if the monster/boss has a weakness.Like when you use Ice on a Bomb.

rubah
06-28-2005, 10:24 PM
But that's not a true critical hit, that's just elm weak.

Critical hits are dealt out randomly and elemental weaknesses are consistant.
Pulling the trigger on Squall's gunblade isn't a critical hit either.

Alexander
06-28-2005, 11:52 PM
Seriously....Yuffielover is new.........Don't be so smurfing hard on her,SHE DID NOT KNOW! People are such assholes......that's a good reason to be anti-social!!! :D
Blindfolded...I hate when people brag like that.I feel stupid,compared to everyone in this forum.Thank you for making me feel stupid.I always will be.smurf.....

Sometimes,magic hits critically if the monster/boss has a weakness.Like when you use Ice on a Bomb.

(S/he meant Critical by happening a real Critical, you know, more damage by a lucky shot. I didn't know that Eden and other GFs have Criticals, though, I've never got one)

Yeah, you are right. They make us, normal players, feel VERY stupid. I can't even complete FFVII's Solo Character, and they brag about defeating super bosses blindfolded. T_T

We are stupid. Let's be stupid. Yay! *purposedly gets a game over on FFX's First Boss* XP *smurfs*

crazybayman
06-29-2005, 11:48 AM

I've never played it blindfolded, and I sure don't feel stupid. For me to have time to do something like that, I would have to have no job and no life. But I do. Therefore I do not feel stupid because I have not made it a priority to play FFVIII blindfolded (though its my favorite game), and beat Omega Weapon at the same time. :D

xarabas
06-29-2005, 04:12 PM
hey,i wanna sig to

Medi
06-29-2005, 05:31 PM
Would it be cheating to use megalixirs refined from bahamuts card, like when he does Megido Flame (I love Megido Flame, it's so awesome, that's what my screen name is named after, but I thought it was Medigo) anyway, another question, does protect/shell guard against Terra Break?

Ultima Shadow
06-29-2005, 07:51 PM
Would it be cheating to use megalixirs refined from bahamuts card, like when he does Megido Flame (I love Megido Flame, it's so awesome, that's what my screen name is named after, but I thought it was Medigo) anyway, another question, does protect/shell guard against Terra Break?
No, it's not cheat. But I prefere to not do it, though. I never refine any of the rare cards. :greenie:

Yes, Protect works and halves the dammage. :cool:

Mo-Nercy
06-29-2005, 11:17 PM
It's not cheating if the game allows you to do it.

You're all like that guy I played in Soul Calibur 2 that called me "cheap" for ringing him out. Well if you picked a stage with a ledge and I'm using a character like Cassandra, you're gunna get served, mofo!

If anything, yuffielover was exploiting the game to get the best out it. And that deserves brownie points in my book.

Dark Disciple
06-30-2005, 03:27 AM
U are a noob :mad2: end of discussion nobody else post he is a noob The End is like throwing a piece of cat poop (this is literal cat poop by the way u know that cats make come out of their ass) in the garbage and saying you ate it. This is no accomplishment. I have never used "The End" and don't think i ever will. Finally good sir the only accomplishment u have achieved is being the King of Noobs it's like Yugi Moto (King of Games) but worse.

Ultima Shadow
06-30-2005, 05:01 AM
U are a noob :mad2: end of discussion nobody else post he is a noob The End is like throwing a piece of cat poop (this is literal cat poop by the way u know that cats make come out of their ass) in the garbage and saying you ate it. This is no accomplishment. I have never used "The End" and don't think i ever will. Finally good sir the only accomplishment u have achieved is being the King of Noobs it's like Yugi Moto (King of Games) but worse.

Seriously... you're being way too rude. I agree that The End is cheap but, wtf? It's no freaking crime to use it. :greenie:

ApocalypticLeon
06-30-2005, 05:02 AM
DD, you haven't the right to call anyone a Noob with the way you write. ;)

But, I agree, it's very Noob-ish to consider yourself something that you very well aren't. You should check into things before calling yourself the first one to do something. And, I think The End is the biggest piece of crap and should be blown into Oblivian. But, meh, that's just my opinion.

It's not cheating if the game allows you to do it.

No, it isn't cheating, it's just using the lowest of the low move there is in Final Fantasy VIII, and one shouldn't brag about that.

kikimm
06-30-2005, 05:29 AM
Hey, he's lucky that it came up for him. I'd be happy about that.

Congratulations, or something.

:D

xarabas
06-30-2005, 06:44 PM
Can anyone tell me how to get me sig and a avatar?Pleeeease.

Legendary Caladbolg
07-01-2005, 07:12 PM
You can get an avatar by going to User Cp at the top of the page then click on edit avatar.

Dark Disciple
07-05-2005, 09:20 PM
Ultima Shadow I apoligize for being rude but seriously beating omega like that is not very cool for all we know he could of opened the top to the PS1 or PS2 and just kept scrolling through selphies limit break until she got "The End" it requires no real skill and to say he is the first to do it tell me that is not noobish. Ok i mean he could of said he did it but to say he is the first 1 is not only impossible to know but arrogant. :(

Peegee
07-07-2005, 03:29 AM

Moving along, there are lots of ways to beat omega without using the 'lionheart', seeing as the attack itself is not the strongest in the game.

I basically beat omega using limit breaks by having zell in my party with 255 str -- just cast meltdown and do zell's 600,000 hp attack. It's time consuming I'm sure, but it's doable.

Even better if you get to omega with zell at red health with some status ailments, but that's hardly necessary (it's arguably the way to get more time added to your limit break).

NOW

I can beat Ultima weapon just by casting meltdown and bum rushing him. Eventually I got cocky and casted meltdown followed by 3x berzerk, but the spells ran out and I risked dying...so easier to just cast meltdowns and tap attack over and over and over xD

wild-one
01-19-2010, 12:09 AM
what is a crittical hit?

razen_cage
08-06-2010, 12:04 PM
wow i can't believe someone actually did it in the year 2000!i did it back at 2002, and i was already bragging to my friends about my accomplishment...hehe... i beat ultima with a lvl100 squall, lvl 24 irvine and level 19 zell.... then omega with the three of them at lvl 100... i haven't even used The End before because it never ever appears in slots when im playing... additional is that squall's weapon is in its original form, the revolver.. i never upgrade it.. the rest is upgraded to their best weapons, no hero/holy wars and lionheart..... you just need to know omega's attack pattern and know how to defend against his most powerful attack - Terra Break(megido flame is not because an attack that can be survived with 1 hp all the time is not that powerful in my book) Well, since alot of people has probably done it at this time, i guess i will finally post my guide on how i did it. Cheers on me reviving a possibly dead thread^_^

nik0tine
08-08-2010, 03:18 AM
:beer:

Rocket Edge
08-08-2010, 02:08 PM
lol

Shiny
08-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Critical hit is when someone revives a five year old thread and an Irish man laughs.