PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 8-2?

yuffielover
06-25-2005, 06:03 AM
I have heard rumors of there being a Final Fantasy 8-2 being worked on. They were also rumors saying that Rinoa or Selphie was going to lead it. Do you think there will be one?

My name is...something..?
06-25-2005, 06:07 AM
Maybe, eventually, but I don't think there will be one any time soon.

Dr.M
06-25-2005, 06:08 AM
I hope so but i haven't heared anything.

TheAbominatrix
06-25-2005, 06:11 AM
The rumor has no basis in reality what-so-ever.

MAS82587
06-25-2005, 06:20 AM
i think 8 would be the worst game to make a sequal to, besides 9. they both ended fine and a sequal would ruin a lot of the respect i have for their endings.

Christmas
06-25-2005, 06:25 AM
Rinoa leading it? Another "YRP"?

boys from the dwarf
06-25-2005, 10:45 AM
if it isnt one of those games like FFx-2 which is too girly.not to be sexist but every FF has a main male and fem ale not just female so FF8-2 if they dont bodge up its a good idea.

ZuZu
06-25-2005, 10:48 AM
RUMORS :shifty:

Lady Selphie
06-25-2005, 01:41 PM
REALLY???? :whaaa: I hope that because I love Selphie soooooooooooo much. Secondly, I love FF8 :love::drool:

boys from the dwarf
06-25-2005, 06:25 PM
RUMORS :shifty:
true but still if they could make a decent sequel for a change(its hard to do it with FF but other games its easier so i dint blame sqare if they make another sequel and bodge up.)
that would rule.

Craig
06-25-2005, 06:48 PM
if it isnt one of those games like FFx-2 which is too girly.not to be sexist but every FF has a main male and fem ale not just female so FF8-2 if they dont bodge up its a good idea.

1 had all Males, I think.

TasteyPies
06-25-2005, 07:22 PM

That is debatable. It is unclear if the White Mage form Final Fantasy One was male or female. IMO I think its a she.

MushroomZOMBIE
06-25-2005, 09:24 PM
TastyPies-That is debatable. It is unclear if the White Mage form Final Fantasy One was male or female. IMO I think its a she.

It is OBVIOUS the WM/WW is female.

disapointedchild
06-26-2005, 05:41 AM
I have been saying this so much, a prequall staring Laguna would be so much better. :D :D

abrojtm
06-26-2005, 06:13 AM
TastyPies-That is debatable. It is unclear if the White Mage form Final Fantasy One was male or female. IMO I think its a she.

OOC: Simply because s/he wears a robe? Its face is exactly the same as Fighter's (superimpose the two sprites if you don't believe me).

I disliked FFVIII, so I probably wouldn't like a sequel either.

Hexarar
06-26-2005, 08:02 AM
Just to keep this on topic, sequel starring Seifer and his posse would be *cool*!

Mittopotahis
06-26-2005, 09:04 AM
I have been saying this so much, a prequall staring Laguna would be so much better. :D :D

I have always thought that too, have a prequel about Laguna's Life as a Galbadian Soldier, struggle for Ellone etc.

Old Manus
06-26-2005, 10:35 AM
Oh dear...

Squall of SeeD
06-26-2005, 12:10 PM

That is debatable. It is unclear if the White Mage form Final Fantasy One was male or female. IMO I think its a she.

Even if the White Mage of I is a Female, in Final Fantasy III, all four of the Onion Kids are definitely male.

DMKA
06-26-2005, 12:18 PM
You know, the only reason I wish X-2 was never made is because it's paved the way for idiotic and basisless rumors like these.

boys from the dwarf
06-26-2005, 07:20 PM

but at least you had a choice of characters instead of just 3 and they werent all the same sex.

ShivaBlizzard8
06-26-2005, 07:36 PM
Check the FAQ at the top of this forum. There is NO sequel in the works for FF8 at this time, and it is very unlikely there ever will be.

BabyVixen
06-26-2005, 08:56 PM
If there ever was going to be one, having Rinoa or Selphie as the main character would be suicide for Square-Enix because they're just so annoying and not many people really like them. If they had Laguna or Squall as the lead then I'd defo buy the game

DestinyGundam
06-26-2005, 09:00 PM
A sequel would be pretty good. I loved VIII, and always wondered what happened after.

And I wouldn't mind a female lead, as long as they made the lead more like Terra from FF6. She was an awesome character.

entropic_soul
06-26-2005, 09:25 PM

The white mage from the original Final Fantasy was male. It should be clear from looking at the sprite for the White Wizard. For some reason, I'm thinking that they changed the white mage to a female for the later releases. (Probably because of the sexest idea that girls=healers.)

Devourment
06-27-2005, 12:58 PM
I have heard rumors of there being a Final Fantasy 8-2 being worked on. They were also rumors saying that Rinoa or Selphie was going to lead it. Do you think there will be one?Where have you heard these rumors?

Craig
06-27-2005, 01:18 PM
Yeah, they should make VIII-2, VIII-0 and VIII: Pimp my Garden.

Why? Because due to a little thing I like to call free will, you have the choice whether to buy the game(s) or not.

crazybayman
06-27-2005, 02:18 PM
Rinoa and Selphie as the lead characters?!?!?!?! Didn't X-2 suck enough?

Now if it were a male lead role, I think it would be great.

After the seed test in FFVIII, four members passed - Squall, Zell, Selphie, and some anonymous dude. Maybe it'd be a good game if they used the anonymous dude as the lead character, saving the world after a new sorceress starts using Ellone for time compression again.

And who could the new sorceress be? Selphie, of course!!!

Her love for trains slowly drives her crazy, as there aren't enough in the world.

I LOVE TRAINS :love: I LOVE TRAINS :love: I LOVE TRAINS :love: I LOVE TRAINS :love: I LOVE TRAINS :love: I LOVE TRAINS :love: I LOVE TRAINS :love: I LOVE TRAINS :love: I LOVE TRAINS :love:

becomes

I WANT MORE TRAINS :mad2: I WANT MORE TRAINS :mad2: I WANT MORE TRAINS :mad2: I WANT MORE TRAINS :mad2: I WANT MORE TRAINS :mad2: I WANT MORE TRAINS :mad2: I WANT MORE TRAINS :mad2:

which drives her to lust total control and dimination of the world and time - just so she could have more trains

Smarty_Arty
06-27-2005, 04:00 PM
I don't like the idea what would the story be? Another sorceress messing with time? That would just be using the same story again and besides it's just a Rumor and I'm happy of it.

crashNUMBERS
06-27-2005, 04:06 PM
I dont really think so. Probably will though. You never know...

rubah
06-27-2005, 08:24 PM
I'm surprised that awesome fanart render that dude did hasn't come up yet as proof.

I only mention it now because he did an awesome job on it xD

Dragonheart
07-24-2005, 08:34 AM
yes there is supposed to be a FF8 Gaiden game, there is a trailer on another site FF8kingdom or something

rubah
07-24-2005, 07:49 PM
yes there is supposed to be a FF8 Gaiden game, there is a trailer on another site FF8kingdom or something

Happy April Fool's!

Mercen-X
07-24-2005, 08:05 PM
i think 8 would be the worst game to make a sequal to, besides 9. they both ended fine and a sequal would ruin a lot of the respect i have for their endings.
If they didn't try to build on the original plot, I'd probably play it. There just has to be some new threat is all.

Destai
07-24-2005, 09:27 PM
Id rather a full remake with new graphics and voice overs.

Kamiko
07-25-2005, 01:29 AM
I remember when I was ten, we made up stuff about that. For some reason we said Eminem should do Zell's voice :fpexdee:

Slade
07-25-2005, 06:02 AM

Hell no

I remember when I was ten, we made up stuff about that. For some reason we said Eminem should do Zell's voice

and hell no
(but if they were to do a live action, Billy Idol is Zell :D )

Xaven
07-25-2005, 06:14 AM
Maybe they should make one based off of Future Esthar's theory(ies)/fanfiction. :tongue:

Rinoa_Heartillly
07-27-2005, 07:47 PM
Another sequel for a game....sounds annoying! FFX-2 shows that sequels aren't very good. But, I believe they will make a remake of FF8, hopefully there isn't going to be voice overs, cuz that'll suck! Yuna's voice got to me in both games. And if they do make a sequel, the be prepared for more skanky outfits. XD

Vyk
07-27-2005, 08:07 PM
Terra from FF6. She was an awesome character.

^_^

Doubt they'll ever match that kinda glory again. Video games have gone too mainstream, so they have to make girls very teen(-ish) [teeny bopper?]. Horrible for a lead, unless you're pitching to 12 year old girls or something.

RpgGirl
07-28-2005, 03:51 PM

So true! Just imagine Squall! He is soooo cute :love:

Jessweeee♪
07-28-2005, 09:29 PM
I'd like to see a sequel but it's not going to happen. A lot of people were dissapointed with FF8, They'd make a sequel of the other one's first.

The Anarchy Angel
07-29-2005, 03:04 PM
Let's just make them remake it so its got cooler graphics and voices this time around (i want to hear teh uber voices). And as long as they made it for PS2 i'd be happy as a happy thing

Jessweeee♪
07-29-2005, 04:59 PM
I wouldn't want a remake of the game but a sequel would be cool. Let's just hope the voices match what they sound like in my head if they make one.

sparkie
07-29-2005, 09:35 PM
So true! Just imagine Squall! He is soooo cute :love:
You know, sometimes I wonder if the only reason girls play video games is because the main character is cute. I know that's why I used to! XD

And besides, Squall is mine. I found him first. :p

I'd like to see a sequel but it's not going to happen. A lot of people were dissapointed with FF8, They'd make a sequel of the other one's first.
I thought FFVIII was the best selling FF on the PS system... :confused: Anyway, "a lot of people" isn't the majority so you can't assume it won't happen.

I wouldn't want a remake of the game but a sequel would be cool. Let's just hope the voices match what they sound like in my head if they make one.
Yes, let's all hope that the voices match what they sound like in YOUR head. :rolleyes2 No offense, but they can't please everyone if they do make a sequel with voices because everyone's opinion on what they sound like is different.

assemblage
07-30-2005, 12:56 AM
Rinoa and Selphie as the lead characters?!?!?!?! Didn't X-2 suck enough?

Now if it were a male lead role, I think it would be great.
wow, that wasn't sexist.

but still, a sequel? yeah, i'd buy it, but i think Square had a point when they were thinking of the name for the series, ie FINAL Fantasy. final. it's the final fantasy of the world, oh NOOOOOOOahem.

they made a bit of a mistake with FFX-2, by making it have a storyline that was basically shrouded by little tasks like helping Calli catch a chocobo, Rin find out who was the cause for the Machina Mayhem thing, and a SPHERE BREAK CONTEST OMG!!!1!1!1!....et cetera.

personally, i'm just sitting here counting the days until FFXII comes out.

°¿°¿°
07-30-2005, 01:11 AM
If they make an 8-2 with all girls as main charecters is that mean all the sequals will have all girls main cast?

DarknessFromAbove
07-30-2005, 01:24 AM
I thought FFVIII was the best selling FF on the PS system... :confused: no, I believe that was VII
all I can say is that if they do mak a sequel, I'll problably play it even if it ends up being a bit X-2ish, which would suck!