PDA

View Full Version : Card Moding

beaglegod
06-25-2005, 07:54 AM
I was just wondering if anyone else finds it difficult to mod some of your rare cards that may have taken cosiderable effort to aquire. I know cards are meant to be modded into items but........

boys from the dwarf
06-25-2005, 10:47 AM
if your a card player and collector dont mod but if your like me although you still feel a bit strange modding all of your rare cards its worth it.if you collect cards dont if you dont collect cards do.

ShivaBlizzard8
06-26-2005, 07:39 PM
Once you're done winning all the cards you plan on winning, there's little use in keeping the rare cards as they are. You can already say you've gotten them, so put them to good use and mod away! :p

BG-57
06-26-2005, 07:50 PM
I generally only mod cards that I have more than one of. I only mod unique cards if I'm in the endgame on disc 4.

I like collecting for collecting's sake so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that my attitude in Triple Triad is the same. :greenie:

ThePheonix
07-05-2005, 02:18 AM
Some cards can be very tempting to mod, like the zell card at the begining, so I only mod cards when I know I have enough similar carts to support it's role... having said that, in my latest game, before the field exam, I had 100 of each aga, 100 tornados, flares, and quakes, as well as almost every magic you can get by moding cards and then moding the Items into magic (allowing I only had the first 3 GFs). Squall had over 150 str.

It took a long time and I had to say goodby to some player cards after the field exam, but some player cards aren't worth moding, which is in a way a very good thing.

tranvanhieu
07-05-2005, 03:50 AM
But there are some cards you need in order to get others cards!
Don't mod them all.

Doomie
07-05-2005, 03:57 AM
Mod all except...*thinks* Minimog, Minotaur or Sacred, I forget which (I think it's Sacred), Boko (The chocobo one), Alexander, and Doomtrain. Have fun with the rest.

rubah
07-05-2005, 04:26 AM
Supposedly you can get the modded cards back from the card dudes in disc 4. I haven't done it myself though xD

Xaven
07-05-2005, 08:24 AM
I always modify my rare cards right before Ultimecia. I can get some pretty good items and magic from it, but it's not like I really need them in the end.

Devourment
07-05-2005, 10:06 AM
Once you've actually got them all there's no point in keeping them. Then you can get the precious items out of them you need.

* White Aeris *
07-25-2005, 03:49 PM
i nearly cried when i moded mine. damn i liked that gilgamesh card.... all my cards helped me defeat Ultimcia today!!!

Jessweeee♪
07-26-2005, 05:44 PM
I never play cards so i just mod all of the rare ones. I moded odin's card and now i have 100 deaths junctioned to everyone's attack