PDA

View Full Version : Sins of the father

Del Murder
06-25-2005, 09:30 AM
Which deadly sin do you think Sin most accurately represents? Least accurately represents?

The Man
06-25-2005, 09:32 AM
Sin's continued existence is the result of a tremendous lie perpetrated by the leaders of Spira. So I'd say deceit. (Is that a deadly sin? As an atheist I don't particularly keep up with stuff like that anymore).

Del Murder
06-25-2005, 09:34 AM
Gluttony
Sloth
Wrath
Envy
Pride
Lust
Greed

Sorry, no go, but I'll allow it, since you are an athiest and all.

The Man
06-25-2005, 09:38 AM
I suppose he could represent people's lust/greed for power in perpetuating the lies, then. ;)

Tai-Ti
06-25-2005, 10:13 AM
yeah, thats pritty much wat i think tis said a few times in the game "when humans have power, they seek to use it" or sumfink along those lines, and thus, sin was born from that.

boys from the dwarf
06-25-2005, 10:55 AM
gluttony because he kills all those people just to get to tidus so he could become free.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-25-2005, 10:08 PM
That's not what gluttony is.

Cruise Control
06-25-2005, 10:14 PM
Sin most likely represented Yevon's lust for power.

Garnie
06-25-2005, 10:14 PM
1]anger
2]lust
3]glutony
4]greed
5]sloth
6]pride
7].......suger i cant remeber the last one......but it dont give us any fun in life does it

The Man
06-25-2005, 11:08 PM
1]anger
2]lust
3]glutony
4]greed
5]sloth
6]pride
7].......suger i cant remeber the last one......but it dont give us any fun in life does itDel Murder already listed them:
Gluttony
Sloth
Wrath
Envy
Pride
Lust
GreedSo I think the one you forgot was envy. xD

Craig
06-25-2005, 11:10 PM
I think Sin represents the Sin of using Machina.

Wiegrahf42
06-26-2005, 04:09 AM
Lust for power is the one more then likely. Could also have something to do with Yevon's pride. Wrath possibly?

fire_of_avalon
06-26-2005, 05:02 AM
Yu-Yevon wasn't concerned with power, he was only concerned with perpetuating the dream Zanarkand because he felt that way his people could have some sort of peace. Honestly, one could say he didn't even realize the destruction he caused, because he's an enemy totally cut off from the world he attempts to destroy. I really wish I could say wrath, but I'm not sure Yu-Yevon is even fully aware of what he's doing, so I can't.

Pride is the only thing I can really nail down, because of Jecht's prideful nature. Otherwise, I think calling the creature Sin is a bit of a mockery of the tendency for people to follow religion blindly. Afterall, which is the real Sin in this game; using machina and saving people as a result, or following the teachings of Yevon which breed hate and disparity?

The Man
06-26-2005, 05:15 AM
I think calling the creature Sin is a bit of a mockery of the tendency for people to follow religion blindly. Afterall, which is the real Sin in this game; using machina and saving people as a result, or following the teachings of Yevon which breed hate and disparity?That's an interesting interpretation of Sin's name that I hadn't thought of. I like it.