PDA

View Full Version : We get it, this game sucks

Del Murder
06-25-2005, 09:33 AM
If Square made this game in between FFVI and FFVII do you still think people would complain so much about it, or would they just be confused because FFX wouldn't have come out yet?

Tai-Ti
06-25-2005, 10:59 AM
good question, if it was a final fantasy game on its own, im sure changes would be made to it, such as they would say "Tidus" in it, and that would solve the confusion probelem, but i think there would still be alot of comments such as "should b called: Final Fantasy, Charlies Angels" but i think it would have done better as a game on its own. But who knows.

boys from the dwarf
06-25-2005, 04:01 PM
it probbably would be a better game if FF x-2 was creaed first then ffx but still ten would be better along with every other ff ever because this game dont compare to them.

ThroneofDravaris
06-25-2005, 04:05 PM
Actually, since people usually hold FF6 with higher regards than FFX, I think there would be even more complaining…

boys from the dwarf
06-25-2005, 04:20 PM
true.but like i said compared to all other FF x-2 kinda sucks.

Zante
06-26-2005, 11:22 AM
There are some things about FFX-2 that realy bugged me, but could be overlooked because of FFX, like that there are no summons, only 3 characters, bad story etc..., so if it would be a standalone game, there would be even more reasons for complains.

TheAbominatrix
06-26-2005, 04:52 PM
I think if they'd released another game by now, people would shift their bitching there. Because of the delays in XII and the lack of constant new info, they have to bitch about something. So this is it. Of course, I'm not saying it's a masterpeice or anything (I enjoyed myself, personally, and that's all I care about), but fans seem to need to complain about things and nitpick. There's always a 'this game sucks' thread for every single game.

So I dont think it's the timeline at all, but I think there would be less bitching we'd be aware of, given the internet status of that timeline.

Crazy4Tidus
06-26-2005, 11:41 PM
Why does everyone say FFX2 sucks so much? I actually liked it...
All you people do (most, not all) is say "FFX2 sucks so much why isnt every game exactly like FFVI and FFVII! I bet FFXII is gona suck too! Why dont I complain and complain and everyone can complain with me! Yay! I love Complaining! Yay!"

Sorry but this is what you people (most, not all) say pretty much ALL THE TIME!

Wiegrahf42
06-27-2005, 02:21 AM
I bet FFXII is gona suck too!

Agreed.

Dante WolfWood
06-27-2005, 05:18 AM
I think if they'd released another game by now, people would shift their bitching there. Because of the delays in XII and the lack of constant new info, they have to bitch about something. So this is it. Of course, I'm not saying it's a masterpeice or anything (I enjoyed myself, personally, and that's all I care about), but fans seem to need to complain about things and nitpick. There's always a 'this game sucks' thread for every single game.

So I dont think it's the timeline at all, but I think there would be less bitching we'd be aware of, given the internet status of that timeline.

exactly, couldnt agree more with you.

Yuna1
06-27-2005, 07:40 AM
Why does everyone say FFX2 sucks so much? I actually liked it...
All you people do (most, not all) is say "FFX2 sucks so much why isnt every game exactly like FFVI and FFVII! I bet FFXII is gona suck too! Why dont I complain and complain and everyone can complain with me! Yay! I love Complaining! Yay!"

Sorry but this is what you people (most, not all) say pretty much ALL THE TIME!

I kinda agree, but I also have to admit that there are many things that pulled FFX-2 down. For instance that whole ATB time thing. You might as well hold X throughout the whole battle. Also, I kinda prefered the linear gameplay than having to go to every place with the airship, thinking "WHAT IF MISS SOMETHING?! WHAT IF I MISS SOMETHING?!" And if you do, there goes 100 percent! And you can't go back cause you're in the next chapter already, dang! It probably would have been better in FFX where there was no 100% to get a great ending. But yeah, just to name a few.

Either way, I enjoyed FFX-2. But I would have enjoyed it more if my little brother didn't delete my file, WHEN I WAS RIGHT THERE BEFORE FIGHTING THE MAGUS SISTERS!! :mad2: But a great game none the less. ;)

Smiley8
07-02-2005, 11:43 PM
Personally, I don't think it matters if it's a direct sequel to FFX, I think they should've called it FFXI because the name "FFX-2" sounds kinda dumb.

Lady Pain
07-03-2005, 12:06 AM
Personally, I don't think it matters if it's a direct sequel to FFX, I think they should've called it FFXI because the name "FFX-2" sounds kinda dumb.10-2 the second part of 10

Saiyan Knight
07-03-2005, 02:02 AM
FFX-2 was a major dissapointment imo.Poor story, /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty battle system and the most childish dialouge in any FF game.Apart from Paine, she was cool.I think the merging into Square-Enix has seriously hurt the quality of games.

Lady Pain
07-03-2005, 02:04 AM
FFX-2 was a major dissapointment imo.Poor story, /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty battle system and the most childish dialouge in any FF game.Apart from Paine, she was cool.I think the merging into Square-Enix has seriously hurt the quality of games.ya I new you would say that.

Raven Nox
07-03-2005, 02:31 AM
Actually, FFX-2 was made by Squaresoft, it was Square's last game as such, Enix only touched the english and PAL and international version, the oringal japanese is all Squaresoft.

Hroth
07-03-2005, 02:35 AM
I sincerely think that FFX-2 was a good game. It had a bad story but everything else was good. The spheredress system, the battle system, the non-linear thing was good. The game thing with the coins that I don't remember the name of was cool. It was a good game, it had a /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty storyline, that's it.

Raven Nox
07-03-2005, 02:36 AM
I agree, FFX-2 was fun, it's just that people keep comparing it to our FFs, if you just treated it like a game on it's own, it's not bad at all.

Hroth
07-03-2005, 02:42 AM
But then again, if you compare it to other FFs, FFVII, FFX and X-2 weren't great FFs as they were more wide audience oriented so they lacked the "real RPG" effect basically. But it depends, if your idea of "awesome final fantasy" is FFVII and you wish they would all be like FFVII then you'd prolly like FFX as well alot and think it's the second best and somewhat dislike FFIX. It all depends on your tastes. But irrefutably, FFIX and FFVI are the best Final Fantasies.

TheAbominatrix
07-03-2005, 10:20 AM
FFX-2 was a major dissapointment imo.Poor story, /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty battle system and the most childish dialouge in any FF game.Apart from Paine, she was cool.I think the merging into Square-Enix has seriously hurt the quality of games.

Aside for the fact that Enix not only has nothing to do with Square games even after the merger, the merger was completed when X-2 was almost done, so Enix had nothing to do with them.

And what do you mean by games plural? X-2 is the only FF title released since then.

Saiyan Knight
07-03-2005, 12:08 PM
I wasn't just referring to FF games.

TheAbominatrix
07-03-2005, 12:16 PM
What other games, then?

natecub25
07-03-2005, 05:38 PM
I love X2, because it isn't the standard FF, don't get me wrong there are other better FFs but still this one is a great game imo, i love the dresspheres, and the combat. :)

Saiyan Knight
07-03-2005, 05:44 PM
What other games, then?

Star Ocean,Crystal Chronicles(although that might have been before the merge).I'm not a Kingdom Hearts fan either.

Mirage
07-03-2005, 05:54 PM
I sincerely think that FFX-2 was a good game. It had a bad story but everything else was good. The spheredress system, the battle system, the non-linear thing was good. The game thing with the coins that I don't remember the name of was cool. It was a good game, it had a /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty storyline, that's it.
Yes. People seem to think that there is only one thing that make a game good. FFX-2 had the best battle system so far, in my opinion.

Necronopticous
07-03-2005, 06:00 PM
Don't forget about Musashi Samurai Legend, Unlimited SaGa, Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls, Kingdom Hearts Chains of Memories, Sword of Mana, and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance!

Anyway, Final Fantasy X-2 is just the most recent example of the fact that you can't keep whining Square "fans" happy. You do the same thing, they complain they want something different. You do something different, they complain that you're not remaking the originals.

Final Fantasy X-2 was a quality game and a good and faithful direct sequel, granted there will be those that don't like it because that is true for everything, but hating it simply because it's a change is just one of those ol Square "fan" qualities.

Craig
07-03-2005, 06:50 PM
Also, notice how the posts in this thread aren't about the topic of FFX-2 appearing inbetween VI and VII, but rather the usual of people saying they hated it/others shouldn't hate it, because (correct me if I'm wrong) all the FFX-2 sucks/FFX-2 doesn't suck threads get closed.

The Anarchy Angel
07-03-2005, 08:09 PM
It's not X-2 that sucks, its square enix that sucks.

Back to Square Soft!!!!!

TheAbominatrix
07-04-2005, 04:20 AM
It's not X-2 that sucks, its square enix that sucks.

Back to Square Soft!!!!!

Good job at ignoring the facts in this thread that ENIX HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH X-2.

I know this may be a hard concept, everyone, but Enix does NOT work on Square games and Square does NOT work on Enix games. Get over it.

Zante
07-04-2005, 03:46 PM
Yes. People seem to think that there is only one thing that make a game good. FFX-2 had the best battle system so far, in my opinion.

Imho the most important part of FF's is a good story, something X-2 lacked, and a great battle system can't make up for that.

Squares mistake was triing to make a sequel to a game that was already tied up pretty well in the end so there wasn't much to work with. Basicaly, the point of it was to get Tidus back and make the fans happy, and to get at least some kind of plot, they added that Vegnagun thing.

Ohhh
07-14-2005, 04:57 PM
No no no! FFX-2 is a great game; different and its all girls 4 once!
If thers 2 b a disgrace 2 the ff series its ff9! urgh that game was terrible!

Sorceress' Knight
07-15-2005, 04:26 AM
Yeah, FFIX had a terrible everything compared to other FFs in my opinion. I didn't even enjoy it much the first time through. Not to mention so much was put in just for 'nostalgia's sake' but wasn't even well done. Stupid characters, boring battle system, worthless story. At least X-2 had a good battle system, even though it had the most pointless story ever. The gameplay is what made it worth the money. For me, that's what any fun game is all about: gameplay. If the only thing I want is a story, I'm better off watching a movie and not wasting my time not having fun as I 'play the game' between scenes.

FFs never really had 'deep dramatic stories' before FFVI. I really liked FFV's story, but it wasn't movie quality and the reason it was good. I agree that 'FF Fans' just love to bitch about anything that isn't 'that one game' which is their favorite. 'That one game' is typically either being FFVI or FFVII, but I'm sure eventually people will start saying how those are overrated and 'suck' and adopt some other FF as the 'true' FF. Whatever. FF has become more of a pop-culture thing. It's 'cool' to be into FF, but alot of 'FF Fans' don't seem to enjoy half the games at all.

Slade
07-15-2005, 04:59 AM
Quit belly aching........theyre all good in their own way. Theres no 'BEST'.....only an individuals 'favorite' which is only that persons OPINION

If this game came out between VI and VII it probably wouldnt make much sense......at least Tidus would be Tidus and not MR Nobody tho...... :D

Shadowdust
07-15-2005, 07:24 AM
I agree that 'FF Fans' just love to bitch about anything that isn't 'that one game' which is their favorite. 'That one game' is typically either being FFVI or FFVII, but I'm sure eventually people will start saying how those are overrated and 'suck' and adopt some other FF as the 'true' FF. Whatever. FF has become more of a pop-culture thing. It's 'cool' to be into FF, but alot of 'FF Fans' don't seem to enjoy half the games at all.

Well I can only speak for myself, but I'm not part of that group you just mentioned and yet, I still hate FFX-2. Up until this game, I've never had an FF game that I disliked. Different styles, different stories and I would find myself defending each one for it's uniqueness whether others saw it or not (even FFIX). FFX-2 on the other hand was a shock to my system. I kept thinking, "It's bound to get better. All FF games start off light, this is going to pick up eventually." That never happened. It was like the game remained at surface level the entire time. And the music reflected this. And having enjoyed the job system in the past, I was really looking forward to FFX-2. And then I found out, that it wasn't even really necessary to change jobs. You can win the game by simply remaining a Thief the entire time. Did it have some difficulty? Yes. I think that hardly justifies it being a decent game though.

The impression I got from FFX-2 is that it was kind of rushed together. There was really no real story to the game and definitely no deeper meaning (unlike so many other FFs before it). It saddened me that a game that had so much potential just became a shallow, non-linear, you make the story type game. It's such a shame because FFX's story is one of the few FF games that had more to tell. The end of FFX was the beginning of a new chapter for Spira. And while the issues of New Yevon and some of the other political groups was interesting, it could've been taken further. FFX kept the story of Spira so detailed and this one didn't.

One could say that I'm comparing it too much to FFX but in the end, isn't that to be expected when you connect the story of a game that is directly based on it? Perhaps this is why it's never been attempted before. Who knows? I think in the end, the developers needed to really think about the story and spend a little more time developing the game. When you're doing a direct sequel you really need to make sure that everything you create connects in some way to the history of the other game.

What do I know though? I'm just a consumer who wasted $50 on a name he thought he could trust. :P

Little Miss Awesome
07-22-2005, 01:47 PM
I think it shocked everybody a bit because it was so different to every other ff game, and after X people were either expecting somethign bad already or something great. I liked it, but thats just my opinion, I understand a lot of people absoloutely hated it, and I can see why. I think it was a little too childish, in comparison to other FF's, and yeah, like Charlie's Angels :p But I think it's a fun game, has a good story line (Not by FF standard though) and I prefer the fighting like that, it's a lot easier :p

Destai
07-22-2005, 05:27 PM
For the post everyones been waiting for, look no further.

I didnt care that the three main characters were girls. I did care that the three main characters and the entire game and its theme were so bloody girly. it was irksome. I didnt enjoy the fights much. They werent very tacticul at all. I could easily just hold down the X button for 9/10 of the games fights and win easily. I enjoyed the ability change theme throughout the series but I didnt like how this game changed it from ability roles like mages and warriors and took it to fashionable costume changes (again with the girly *irks*) . I didnt like the music. Infact, I hated it. The opening piano was promising but the pop videos were so unbelievably bubble gum pop. I wouldnt have minded in most games but with how everything else was so girly in the game it was getting more and more like a 12 year old girls fantasy diary. I didnt like the open access to the whole world instantly. I like to make my way from place to place. I feel that strings a story together much nicer in a video game. I didnt like how the story had so little to do with X. It left me dissapointed. I mean it was X-2 so I think its fair to have some expectations. I didnt like how these two identical people from 2,000 years in the past had nothing to do with Tidus and Yuna. The game didnt say anything about Tidus being Shuyins reincarnation.

Personally I think most people were either extremely biased for or against the game to the point where both side is stupid. I know the game certainly wasnt as bad as Zfinab is trying to say and I think theres enough teenage fangirls throughout the X-2 forums. Have a look. Theyre easy to spot.
I think thats how a lot of people feel about X-2. Enjoyable game but not as enjoyable as other titles in the series. I certainly had alot more fun playing VII.

Yuna Braska 19
07-30-2005, 10:08 AM
Well I did not think FFX-2 suck it was fun I finally saw Yuna happy at the ending of the game, and In FFX she was really sad.
And I see some Final Fantasy in it I saw in FF5 that they change clothes too and so did FFX-2, but the Mission things just change the hole thing I say.

I mean I don't blame FFX-2 that's how they made it and if they were planing a FFX-3 I heard that it's not gonna happen.....
Probly cause all the New Games coming out and the FFVII-2 coming out and Kingdom Hearts 2 (Can't wait for that!)

But really FFX-2 was a good game to me and all the FFX-2 Fans.