PDA

View Full Version : Music you rather hear in battle.

Lionx
06-25-2005, 10:40 AM
Field Party: Xenosaga Fight music
Dungeon pt: Sounds fine
Field Zilart: FFIX battle field
Zilart Dungeon pt: fine ^^;
CoP field: Xenosaga fight music
CoP dungeon : fine @_@;

So what music would you rather hear instead of the basic ones ?

Miriel
06-25-2005, 11:49 AM
I'm a mage, I don't get to hear any music during battle. :(

Roogle
06-25-2005, 12:03 PM
All my jobs are mages. I never really got to hear the battle music. When I level with friends, I listen to Rose's themes from Street Fighter.

Vaprice
06-26-2005, 07:49 PM
ya know when I'm in port jeuno by the berlesk house I'd like to hear some R kelly just to brighten up my day!

Or when I'm in battle fighting in valkrum I'd like to put on some enrique eglacias.....*however you spell his name* *HERO* and or some kpop really depends my mood of things lol

KamiTidus
06-27-2005, 01:14 PM
If you have the PC version I can help you replace the battle music. I know every sound file, and where it goes.

DJZen
06-29-2005, 10:47 PM
FFVI's fight music? I dunno, the music never bothered me...

*hums Sandy theme*

Mirage
06-30-2005, 12:31 AM
I almost never listen to the ingame music, I always run Winamp in the background.

crashNUMBERS
07-08-2005, 05:09 PM
You mean in FF11 you can change the music in battle and stuff??

Destai
07-08-2005, 08:34 PM
I have the background music turned off when I play FFXI and before I play I pick all my fav songs from different soundtracks like FF in general, Xenogears, xenosaga I&II, Chrono Cross/Trigger, .hack// and other RPG's and put them on the playlist for my music player (musicmatch). It continues to play while I play through the game and since its only songs I like I dont get bored of em. Its helped me to sit down and level plenty of times when I was tempted to turn off the comp.

Ouch!
07-08-2005, 11:58 PM
I barely remember what any of the music sounds like. I too turn off the game's music and listen to one of my many CDs. Lately I've been listening to the Chrono Cross soundtrack while I play, but I've listened to various other things such as the Lord of the Rings OSTs.

Croyles
07-12-2005, 01:12 AM
battle music: ode to joy
gustaberg desert music: hard rock
J/K
i keep optimising my songs. i hate doing the pain staking work though. You got your mp3 files which you convert to wav, then to bmg and everytime you gotta put them in a different folder and try to remember which number is which song or which number you need to change it to or if the CoP is in sound folder number 1, 2 or 3 and AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Creed
07-13-2005, 12:38 AM
I never played it i have the game...but my computer anint good enough i need Geforce and i think directX 6.0 I dont remember i only know i need Geeforce.But from what i have heard on live vanvadel or what ever its called i like the music.

strawberryman
07-17-2005, 12:32 AM
If you have the PC version and want to change the music, I recommend
this (http://www.finalfantasyxionline.com/content/guides-musichackingguide.php).

Croyles
07-17-2005, 01:29 AM
I barely remember what any of the music sounds like. I too turn off the game's music and listen to one of my many CDs. Lately I've been listening to the Chrono Cross soundtrack while I play, but I've listened to various other things such as the Lord of the Rings OSTs.

you dont have to turn the music down and listen to your own, you can hack the game and set each song to something different. you might have already known that though.

Rostum
07-17-2005, 01:45 AM

you dont have to turn the music down and listen to your own, you can hack the game and set each song to something different. you might have already known that though.

Trust me, it's more convenient to turn the music down and listen to winamp or something. I'd rather be able to change my music all the time, than be in one area with the music hacked - 'cause then that'd be all I'd have to listen to.

Croyles
07-17-2005, 02:02 AM
yeah but to me it lacks the cool sense of suddenly hearing your own heart racing music when a battle starts. Was just wondering if you knew.

Vaprice
07-17-2005, 03:06 AM
okay seriously after hearing the music constantly over and over again it gets really anoying, unless your fishing then the music is cool! I too turn off the music/sound, and well listen to some kpop, and or synphonic pieces.

And besides who wants to listen to battle music, you'll be hearing it every single second of battling in solo mode or parties. Boring! Now when it's something big like a mission and your fighting oh say maybe a dragon (2-3 rank) then its nice to turn on the music and listen gets you excited.

But usually I improvise singing its really fun and gets me thinking!

omnislasher
08-27-2005, 08:53 AM
you know whats funny... if there are any 50 cent fans here.. the battle music fits perfectly with the lines, clikkity clank, clikkity clank, my money goes into my piggy bank. if you know the song and you know how to sing, that is. I always catch myself doing it. but I think one of the best battle themes is the one from FFIX. and for field music, theres no question that it would have to be the field music from ffVI. that /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif was awesome.

zoti
08-27-2005, 01:52 PM
promys should have discovery channal, bloodhound gang all whos seen the FFXI movie with that song will understand XD

SNOOZER
08-28-2005, 08:09 PM
I'd always have skype up and will be talking to my LS mates most of the time.

Raven Nox
08-29-2005, 09:02 AM
I actually don't mind the music they all ready have. It takes a long time to get me tired of music. Unless, the music really sucks. But FFXI's soundtrack isn't that bad, so I'm ok.

Miriel
08-29-2005, 09:16 AM
Sometimes, I engage in battle just so I can hear the music, and people are always giving me the whole, "wtf? Whm don't melee!" deal. Relax folks, I just want a change of rhythm, that's all.

omnislasher
08-29-2005, 09:31 PM
you know what music I love in the game? selbina. I've only been there once so far, but it was just a really cool new place, and pretty much nobody was there, so I just had this whole new place to myself and chance to explore and talk to all the NPC's. little things like that are what make this game awesome to me (besides it's obvious awesomeness).

and I've never really played a game where sight-seeing is actually something that I wanted to do. did anyone else feel like that when they started? do you still? and places like jueno, I was so excited to finally see jeuno for the first time and just check out all the stores and get my chocobo license and everything. and as soon as I level up my THF to where I want it to be, I'm gonna work on getting to rank 5 and see more parts of the world that I've never seen before. ah, I cant wait! If only I had this much enthusiasm to see the rest of the real world, haha. sorry I kinda went off on a tangent for a little while, but whatever. I just really hope all the experienced players (and unexperienced for that matter) dont take vana'diel for granted. and I think anyone else who loves this game would agree.

Vincentsinnerdemon
08-29-2005, 10:36 PM
i just mute the xi music cuase it SUCKS! i usually put on a cd like green day or anything else i feel like listening to at the moment.