PDA

View Full Version : TO ALL LIONS FANS (RUGBY THREAD, AMERICANS STAY OUT)

Mitch
06-25-2005, 10:56 AM
I don't mean to gloat, but do you find it strange how four nations combined lose against a nation of 4000000 (granted, plenty are recuited from Island Nations, but they are NZ citizens)

Just so I don't sound like a moron, I'd just like to say that this is a serious question. Do you think that sportsmen/women's abilities are effected by their race/nationality? And do you think it would affect the Lions' playing ability by playing half way around the world? (Even though they have the Barmy Army)

Your thoughts please.

tomamar04
06-25-2005, 11:25 AM
1. I'd like to say England are still Rugby World champs.

2. Of course it matters. Europeans and S.Amercians are good at football, N.Americans are good at Basketball and Hockey, Asian's are good at Cricket, and Oceanians are good at Rugby.

Doc Sark
06-25-2005, 12:17 PM
The Lions play together for a short period of time per year. The All Blacks, like any other nation that plays rugby regularly, play together all the time.

We all know the All Blacks are a great Rugby side, so it should be no surprise that they won on their home turf. The O'Driscoll injury didn't help, but I think we still would have lost.

gokufusionss1
06-25-2005, 12:32 PM
They lack teamwork, half of them play leauge rather than union ect.

Spiffing Cheese
06-25-2005, 01:26 PM
*glares at fridaysong*

Mitch
06-26-2005, 12:02 AM
The All Blacks, like any other nation that plays rugby regularly, play together all the time.

You could argue that the All Blacks had only just formed, and only played one game before (I think) and have a few new players and yada yada yada...

Then again, a lot of them have played together in former All Blacks squads and Super 12 squads, much like members of the British and Irish Lions have.

Doc Sark
06-26-2005, 08:05 PM
Grewcock (unfortunate name) has been banned for two months now following his biting episode. There is no doubt, that this Lions team is the worst we have sent out for years.

gokufusionss1
06-26-2005, 08:59 PM
i think the tackle on o'driscol was far more dangerous.

Mitch
06-27-2005, 06:53 AM
Yes I think that the spear tackle was a bit of foul play on NZ's part. Unfortunate really.

Doc Sark
06-27-2005, 10:14 AM
Still, an over exuberant tackle is one thing, biting is just childish.

Mitch
06-28-2005, 10:01 AM
Damn, Lions just thrashed Manuwatu 109-6. A bit of a return to form for the Lions, even though they were playing a second division team.

Skogs
06-28-2005, 08:31 PM
Basically, getting Clive Woodward to coach was the biggest mistake the the Lions' management could have made. Woodward has said: my boys won the World Cup two years ago - so I'll select as many of them as I can get away with, along with a few boys from the less important countries, but only if they're really good. Never mind that since the World Cup, England hasn't won a game against either New Zealand or Australia, and hasn't finished higher than third in the Six Nations. On top of that, most of the team that won the World Cup are all past it anyways...

It's all a bit late now, though, and I'm expecting a 3-0 New Zealand whitewash.

lordblazer
06-29-2005, 04:09 AM
They lack teamwork, half of them play leauge rather than union ect.
I agree btw I keep up with different sports when football/hockey/basketball season isn't on.

yeah I'm a stupid american you damn brit.

(the last statement adressed to the person who named the topic)

Mitch
06-30-2005, 10:33 AM
I'm a kiwi. And didn't name the thread. Just clearing that up