PDA

View Full Version : Quake 4

Dreddz
06-25-2005, 01:19 PM
Looking at the trailers of the game, it looks fantastic, above that actually
I loved Quake, Quake 2 is my favourite one and one of my favourite games ever, and Quake 3 wasnt as good as either of those two but was still good.
Im really annoyed to have seen that Activision has dumped Sony and is giving it to the PC and Xbox. Its ditched the crowd that actually knows and respects them and giving it to crappy Xbox
Whats your thoughts?

NM
06-25-2005, 03:03 PM
Quake 1 & 2 were ok and Quake 3 was absolute rubbish. But then i've always been an Unreal/UT fan.

The problem with ID game's is the weapons are always the same boring guns used in every game they've ever made since Wolfenstein and Doom. You've got the crappy pop gun thats usless after the 1st level, the machine gun that theres never any ammo for, a rail gun, a rocket launcher and finally a BFG, which again you don't really use as there's no ammo for it because it's stupidly powerful.

Aside from the lame selection of weapons, the levels are the same thing over and over. Tight corridors followed by a reasonable sized room. Repeat for 20+ levels and it just gets dull. Then there's the movement which usually feels like your sliding along on roller skates.

From what i've seen of Quake 4 it looks like it plays the same way as previous ID game's, with the same set of weapons and same level design.

I think i'll just hold on for UT2007. :D

Shoeberto
06-25-2005, 06:30 PM
I'll probably check it out. Quake is fun, though I'm not as big of a fan of the games as I am the Doom series.

Dreddz
06-25-2005, 08:16 PM
Quake is better than Doom in my opinion

Shoeberto
06-25-2005, 11:30 PM
I think the only reason I prefer Doom is because I played it as a kid and saw it as this gigantic technical leap in gaming, whereas I didn't play Quake until years after they were released and the run-and-gun gaming scene was all very been there, done that.

The thing I'm looking forward to most in Quake 4 is playing a game with the Doom 3 engine where you can actually see stuff :D

Halifax Housewife
06-26-2005, 04:05 AM
Quake 4 is looking too Doom 3 ish for me.