PDA

View Full Version : Not levelling/levelling

crazybayman
06-25-2005, 01:43 PM
So...........

last time I played FF8, I levelled up like crazy, eventually got up to level 100 for everyone, and whooped the $hit outta everyone.

If I shouldn't level up, as the fiends won't level up either, what about the bosses? Do their levels NOT rise if mine don't?
i remember bosses like Cerberus, Bahamut, and of course ulitma weapon being hard because i was at low levels. Is this just because there were certain abilities my gfs hadn't learned, or do I have to be up to high levels to defeat certain bosses, given than I want to do all the side quests?

BG-57
06-25-2005, 03:21 PM
Almost all the enemies in the game level up as you level up. You can improve your stats by junctioning, even without leveling up. The big advantage to leveling up is you gain access to better GF abilities. Monster carry better spells at higher levels, but you can refine the same spells in many cases.

boys from the dwarf
06-25-2005, 03:31 PM
all enemys level up with you but bosses dont stop at level 100 they sometimes stop at 40 or 12 or somthing.i like to train up to make it more of a challenge in some aspects but if you stay at level one through the whole game omega weopon has only just over 100000 hp. (thats a clue to a question i asked in the FF8 quiz thread.)

crazybayman
06-25-2005, 03:39 PM
Thanks.

So, I could level up as little as possible, and just gain ap for my gf's abilities. But in order to draw higher level magic like firaga and blizzaga, I have to fight higher level bosses, and hence have to level up to a certain level, right? Or is possible to draw firaga, thundaga, etc from lower level bosses?

And what about getting ap without exp? do I have to keep carding and refining everything to do that?

Rini
06-25-2005, 04:21 PM
Well, you can get easy AP from Cactuar Island, but unfortunately you can go there only after you get Ragnarok (so you can get to the island).

I've been told that Omega is at lvl. 100 no matter what level you are on, but haven't confirmed that. I have played the game through both ways (with levelling and no levelling), but I didn't bother Scanning Omega and use one turn on that :P

And yes it's possible to get those powerful spells by refining them, but it's a lot harder than drawing, I tell you. It's tougher to get rare items with low levels, even with Mug and Bahamut's Rare Item. Also low levels bosses/monsters don't have the spells. Unless you do Cactuar's (or was it Tonberry's?) Level Up ability. I'm not sure if this works with the bosses, and heck, by the time you can get Cactuar or Tonberry whichever it was, there are not so many bosses left anymore o.o.

Oh, oh! Almost forgot. Play cards and then refine <3 That's the ultimate way for getting almost anything :P

boys from the dwarf
06-25-2005, 04:55 PM
actually due to a game glitch you can get there in disk 2 with the hovering garden.you just need to finnd the right point to hover onto the island.

Pinkerton
06-25-2005, 08:35 PM
Game timer with characters at level 100: 68 hours.
Game timer with characters at level 13: 21 hours.

Gotta love it.

crazybayman
06-26-2005, 01:01 PM
Game timer with characters at level 100: 68 hours.
Game timer with characters at level 13: 21 hours.

Gotta love it.
Is that including the sidequests like Bahamut and Ultima Weapon?

Rini
06-26-2005, 07:28 PM
actually due to a game glitch you can get there in disk 2 with the hovering garden.you just need to finnd the right point to hover onto the island.
whooo. Do you mean like from the mainland when there's a small enough gap between it and the island?