PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Webroot Spy Sweeper and WMP

Kirobaito
06-25-2005, 09:47 PM
I'm really freaked out. I installed and used Webroot Spy Sweeper today. It removed 50+ programs that Ad-Aware and Spybot didn't detect, but after using it, none of my .mp3s in WMP will work. The error message states:

"C00D1199: Cannot play the file
Windows Media Player cannot play the file. You might encounter this error message for one of the following reasons:

The file type is not supported by the Player. For a list of file types (formats) that are supported by Windows Media Player, see Supported file types.
The file type is supported by the Player, but the file was compressed by using a codec that is not supported by the Player.
The file type is supported, but you are trying to play it in a way that is not supported by the Player. For example, you might have tried to drag a DVD file with a .vob extension from a DVD to the Windows Media Player icon. Or you might have tried to open a .vob file by clicking Open on the File menu.
You are trying to play one part of a multipart file. Use a newsreader or other program to combine the files, and then try again.
Error ID = 0xC00D1199, Condition ID = 0x00000000"

Which means that something happened to all of my codecs. I've filed a report with Spy Sweeper, that they haven't responded to yet, but where I might I get all of my codecs back?

This is not good. ;_;

<b>EDIT: I re-downloaded all of my codecs, so everything works now.</b>