PDA

View Full Version : Do they even know his name???

Fallen~Angel
06-25-2005, 10:28 PM
Does Yuna, Lulu, Wakka, Auron, Rikku or Kimahri know Tidus' name??

Pouring Rain
06-25-2005, 10:33 PM
Lol. I'll answer this! Okay, you know how you can change Tidus' name at the beginning of the game? Hey, that rhymed! Now anyway, they don't say it cause they want it to be fair and don't say Tidus if you didn't name him Tidus. The only person who actually said his name was Wakka and that was in Kingdom Hearts. If you ask me, there should be a list of names you can choose from, so that they could say his name instead of just bypassing it, you know what I mean?

Fallen~Angel
06-25-2005, 10:39 PM
Wait a minute.. THOSE CHARACTERS ARE IN KINGDOM HEARTS???

The Anarchy Angel
06-25-2005, 10:58 PM
Some of, but they're children. Wakka and Tidus from FFX and Selphie from FF8 are all featured in KH as children

kikimm
06-25-2005, 11:08 PM
Does Yuna, Lulu, Wakka, Auron, Rikku or Kimahri know Tidus' name??

No, no they don't.

I'm sure they got around to names---we don't see everything. And if you're still not convinced, just pretend they do. :)

:D

Wiegrahf42
06-26-2005, 04:11 AM
I would like it if they could develop software to actually use names typed in so I could here Yuna say "I love you, you clueless piece of :skull::skull::skull::skull:"

disapointedchild
06-26-2005, 05:45 AM
But you have to be impressed of how many time square managed to get around saying it.

I mean you cant just refer to him as "him" or "you over there," right?

To be truthful, i didnt even notice till someone here a while back pointed it out.

Del Murder
06-26-2005, 07:16 AM
But you have to be impressed of how many time square managed to get around saying it.

I agree, though it did get kind of cheesy in X-2, and you didn't even name him in that one.

The Man
06-26-2005, 07:20 AM
I like the way Star Ocean 3 handles names. You can rename people whatever you want, but it still says their original name in the voice audio.

The "Star player of the Zanarkand Abes" thing was ridiculous.

boys from the dwarf
06-26-2005, 11:20 AM
they avoided saying his name well but i hardly ever change names anyway so if you keep the names for all of the characters the same it should actually saytidus.in older FF it didnt matter because of the no sounds but i still never change names.the name change function in voice sounded games is pointless.

crazybayman
06-27-2005, 11:53 AM
I would like it if they could develop software to actually use names typed in so I could here Yuna say "I love you, you clueless piece of :skull::skull::skull::skull:"
It'd be nice, however it would be hard to pronounce a;lksdjf;alkdj;, and inappropriate to say "myballs" or "$hitlegs" because some kid was clowning around with the game.

Then they'd probably have to included a massive database of accepted worldly names, so that the user couldn't use something profane or unpronouncable by the game. Which, no matter how big it was, would never be big enough, when considering people of all different languages wanting to use to use any name imaginable.

Or maybe I'm completely in the dark about something their developing soon.......... :confused:

Big D
06-27-2005, 12:06 PM
Haha. Yes, the other characters know his name; he's called "Tidus" (or whatever you choose to call him) by several NPCs, in text-only conversation. One or more of the Besaid Aurochs use his real name, quite early on.

Personally, I think it's pointless having the ability to change a character's name if that name is never gonna get used outside of the status screen.

But if they hadn't included the option of changing his name... oh, I can just imagine the "hardcore FF gam3rz":

"OMG DIS IS NOT A RAEL FF! CUZ U CANOT HCANGE DA CHARS' NAEM!!! IT R SACRFILGEE(?SP??????)!

I H8 U SQUARE, U RUIN AL MY GOOD GAEMS!!!!!

IN AL DA RAEL FF U CAN CHANEG TEH NAEMS1111!!!!"

...and so forth.

Summoner _Sheena
06-29-2005, 08:26 PM

I mean you cant just refer to him as "him" or "you over there," right?

Yeah. When Yuna had to name him, she called him 'the star player of the Zanerkand Abes'

KuroYuna
06-30-2005, 12:51 AM
I really think that the game shouldn't really ask to name the character. I always leave my character name. Why are they talkin bout KH above o.o

DJZen
06-30-2005, 06:18 AM
I dunno, I think it'd be awesome to hear Yuna refer to Tidus as "c***bite". Name recognition technology would be great, but it'd probably just sound like simpletext or Dr. Sbaitso.

Optium
06-30-2005, 04:49 PM
Instead of a list of names to choose from, they could have had the
characters say Tidus if you went with the default, and then go with the
version of voice-overs without any name if you changed it. :\

.opt

Dragoon-Master
06-30-2005, 05:10 PM
Wait a minute.. THOSE CHARACTERS ARE IN KINGDOM HEARTS???

now offence but DONT YOU PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but you can have fun with this fact though that they dont actually speak his name and i have only come across the name coming up once being said in the scrolling non spoken text which is letty from the aurochs when you first arrive at the kilika island as soon as u get off the boat and before the sending.