PDA

View Full Version : pandora's box

Yellow
06-26-2005, 02:33 AM
I searched all over the web with no definite answer, I turn to you. Can you get pandora's box after you already learned it (for other enemy skill materias)? Again, I learned it for one orb, theres 3 left, can I learn this from dragon zombie again for my other enemy skill materias?

Seto Fett
06-26-2005, 02:41 AM
If you want to equip the enemy skill that already has it, go ahead, just equip your character with the additional enemy skills that haven't learned it yet. When you get hit with it, whatever enemy skills you have equipped that don't have it, will get it. :)

Yellow
06-26-2005, 04:34 AM
wait, clarify that. Are you saying that I can hit myself with the attack because of the orb that has learned it and if I have other enemy skills equipped they will learn it? Or am I just hoping you said that and actually have no clue about what you actually said.

Masamune·1600
06-26-2005, 05:00 PM
A number of sites suggest that Dragon Zombies only use Pandora's Box once per file, and then never use the ability again. This is completely false. There is no special restriction upon Dragon Zombies using the E. Skill, and, sooner or later, the spell will again be used. It's completely possible to teach Pandora's Box to all four Enemy Skill materia.

You cannot have a character cast an Enemy Skill on another character or the party and have them learn the ability. If you want to learn Pandora's Box for additional materia, you'll have to wait until a Dragon Zombie uses the technique.

Yellow
06-26-2005, 06:28 PM
alright, thanks man. Oh if I have one enemy skill in each character, will they all learn it if dragon zombie uses the attack (I think it hits everyone, maybe Im wrong)?

BG-57
06-26-2005, 07:29 PM
I asked the very same question long ago and I think I've worked out the problem:

The Dragon Zombies in the right path may cast Pandora's Box once, but a bug prevents them from using it again. At least in the original American PSX version.

However, the Dragon Zombies in the center pit will freely use Pandora's Box many times, usually as a final attack.

You can equip more than one E-skill materia on the same character, as long as have growth slots and they carry the same E-skills.

MAS82587
06-27-2005, 02:00 AM
ive fought those dragon zombies probably over 100 times and ive only ever seen pandora's box maybe once. im still missing it and i cant have a perfectly complete character without it. really, i dont know why they wont use it! any ideas?

Yellow
06-27-2005, 04:39 AM
I asked the very same question long ago and I think I've worked out the problem:

The Dragon Zombies in the right path may cast Pandora's Box once, but a bug prevents them from using it again. At least in the original American PSX version.

However, the Dragon Zombies in the center pit will freely use Pandora's Box many times, usually as a final attack.

You can equip more than one E-skill materia on the same character, as long as have growth slots and they carry the same E-skills.

Do you mean everything leading up to the part where you decide which path to take? Including this area or not?

Cruise Control
06-27-2005, 04:45 AM
Not a bug, the first dragon zombie will cast it as a final attack, and it then disables the variable, so you will never see that attack again.

BG-57
06-27-2005, 01:49 PM
Do you mean everything leading up to the part where you decide which path to take? Including this area or not?

No matter what branch you take, they all merge again over a central pit, where you find everyone milling about. If you go down you hop over a series of floating platforms on your way to fighting the final bosses. You can apparently encounter Dragon Zombies there, although my experience has been mostly with the right path Dragon Zombies.

I doubt this disabling of Pandora's Box was deliberate. It would be very sadistic of Square. :mad2:

MAS82587, try going into the central pit and encountering Dragon Zombies there. Might save you from having to start a new game like I did. :mad:

ff-fanatix
06-27-2005, 02:06 PM
as far as i remember dragon zombie only apper on the side that doesnt contain the magic pots and the movers.....they are in the section with the spiraling path..

all i ever did to get the enemy skill was manipulate them....but then again maybe its your versions....

also im not sure this was clarified correctl but ill say it just in case...

if you equip one character with all 4 enemy skills....but one enemy skill materia has the pandoras box technique....when it is sued again...NONE of the other materia will learn it...... the enemy skill that DOESNT have the enemy skill cannot be attached to the same character that has the enemy skill that DOES contain Pandoars box...hopes this is of some help....

P.S. i dont think you can get back out of the path to JENOVA once you start your descent ...in case anyone mentioned that..... because i know you can fight Dragon Zombies there.

hope this helps

TheSpoonyBard
06-27-2005, 02:07 PM
If you have an Enemy Skill with Pandora's Box already learned equipped to someone and you equip more Enemy Skills to the same character you will not learn Pandora's Box on the other Enemy Skills. To learn Pandora's Box on all four Enemy Skills you need to make sure that noone already knows it before you enter battle.