PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft

Wiegrahf42
06-26-2005, 03:48 AM
Everybody I've talked to calls it the best MMORPG ever. Hoping to buy it soon. Curious about the opinion here.

Lionx
06-26-2005, 08:02 AM
I actually think its not that good. its easy, too easy i heard, many people once they hit 60 and do enough instances find theres nothing else there besides more instances and pvp...and then they find greener pastures..so i dont have a high opinion of it. I do not think its the best MMORPG made...its a good MMO but i would not say its THE BEST out of all of them.

Madame Adequate
06-26-2005, 03:44 PM
From what I've heard, it's one of the best as well. Apparently Guild Wars is better in some ways, but that doesn't look like my bag at all. I'll probably be getting it sooner or later.

Meat Puppet
06-26-2005, 05:01 PM
My friend let me have a beast on his account, but as I was typing in my name it all suddenly got to real for me and I had to go to the shed out back and overdose.

didn't like it.

Wiegrahf42
06-26-2005, 09:01 PM
I personally do play guild wars which has good pvp, but It's rather hard to compare it to World of Warcraft since they aren't exactly the same kind of game. Similar, but Guild Wars is more pvp oriented and the pve takes backseat.

DestinyGundam
06-26-2005, 09:05 PM
This was a fun game, but Guild Wars is so much better.

KuRt
06-27-2005, 10:27 AM
WoW is really great but when you play your first char to lvl 60, get great equipment and go a few raidinstances then you get bored. My suggestion is to start a new char(works really) or start PvP and you are bored no more

squareSOFT
06-27-2005, 10:58 PM
This was a fun game, but Guild Wars is so much better.

Exactly!

Freya
06-27-2005, 11:06 PM
i thought Wow was great my older sister is so hipped up about how she's alomost to 60 (she wont stop calling me) I had just started and i only got to 12 with my druid then my brother uninstalled it to have SWG which i hate so i'm mad. And if you get boerd my sis say once your lvl 50-60 go for the next expansion WoW-battlegrounds i hear that is really fun.

I recremend it if others don't.

Madame Adequate
06-27-2005, 11:40 PM
Yeah, I hear Battlegrounds is a BIG thing to help give top-level players have more to do, and reports I've come across indicate it's pretty spiffy.

Also, my friend has indeed got me a copy as I requested, so when she mails it I'll be getting into it. xD

skystje
06-29-2005, 07:30 PM
Overall I'd have to say it ranks right up there as one of the best games Ive played to date imho. Ive been playing since launch, and Im a lv 57 right now and my experience keeps getting better. I chose not to RUSH through the game, which is part of the reason why Im still not bored and probibly never will be. I have a life and cannot be playing a game 24/7 anymore anyway.

And yes its true. This game like all the great RPG's has excellent replay value and I reccomend starting an alt.

Im still somewhat critical of the MMORPG realm, and granted WoW is not perfect, what in this world is? But I'd have to say it is worth at least trying out.

i thought Wow was great my older sister is so hipped up about how she's alomost to 60 (she wont stop calling me) I had just started and i only got to 12 with my druid then my brother uninstalled it to have SWG which i hate so i'm mad. And if you get boerd my sis say once your lvl 50-60 go for the next expansion WoW-battlegrounds i hear that is really fun.

I recremend it if others don't.

OMG I cant blame you. SWG had potential but now it does not even fit the definition of MMORPG like it once did. It's totally changed and its more like a MMOFPS now (not my cup of tea at all). As I was waiting for the subscription to run out, they had the "double xp week". Well they couldnt get me to play one minute when they had that and Im just like "BAH. I log into WoW and get double xp every day!"