PDA

View Full Version : Compliments

Strider
06-26-2005, 04:55 AM
Alright, so I was on vacation. I'd packed a particular shirt, mostly because it was comfortable in the warm weather I knew I'd get in Southern California. It's a Spongbob Squarepants t-shirt, I'm sure some of you have seen it around. Grey shirt, Patrick Star sitting on the front with a 2X4 in his forehead and a caption that reads "I'M BORED".

I like the shirt, and apparently so do other people. I don't know of anything else I wear or have that garners more compliments from strangers than that shirt. "Nice shirt," they'll say, with a little chuckle.

Also, amazingly enough, I get a lot of compliments from girls about my butt. Go figure.

So then I got to thinking. Is there something you wear or have or whatever that gets you a lot of compliments?

Meat Puppet
06-26-2005, 04:58 AM
Naked does. :spin:

Sasquatch
06-26-2005, 05:12 AM
I have a shirt that says FUBAR across it, and most people that know what that means says something about it.

I've gotten a few compliments about my butt (ditto with "amazingly enough"), and one or two from gay guys.

And since I live in Wisconsin, a few ladies have said that my Southern accent is hot.

ZeZipster
06-26-2005, 05:15 AM
I've got this t-shirt that says "Total Poser" that gets alot of responses.

Madame Adequate
06-26-2005, 05:23 AM
Nobody in Britain ever compliments me on stuff. But they do stare at my T-shirt of Stewie, which says 'I've been a bawdy little monkey'. Also, I have a nifty pair of pants which get a lot of compliments in the US (Heck, even the soulless airport security guys dig those pants. =D).

MAS82587
06-26-2005, 05:27 AM
my friends and i made a rec-league basketball team called 'Today is Wednesday' because our games were on wednesdays. our shirts are bright pink shirts and say 'today is wednesday' on the front with a number and nickname on the back.
like most guys, when i wake up, i just grab a tshirt and some shorts, and dont put much thought behind it. but sometimes a grab this shirt on a monday or someday thats not wed. the bright pink seems to attract eyes from just about everyone around me, and when they see that it says 'today is wednesday' on it, they HAVE to tell me that it is, in fact, NOT wednesday.
i get some weird reactions from that shirt.

Peegee
06-26-2005, 05:29 AM
A couple of times girls would smack my ass as I'm wandering around a club and hoot/holler at me.

Wait..that's not what i wanted to say -- I wanted to say: one compliment per date

Rusty
06-26-2005, 05:38 AM
I have a few tops that get me quite a few compliments when I wear them. They don't have saying or anyting on them. They're just nice tops I guess :)

My butt is the object of alot of compliments. All the time.

Del Murder
06-26-2005, 06:25 AM
I was all set to reply to this thread until Fresno started talking about his butt. All of a sudden my mind has gone blank.

Yamaneko
06-26-2005, 06:35 AM
Don't think sexy thoughts. Don't think sexy thoughts.

The Captain
06-26-2005, 06:35 AM
So, is Strider's rear now rivaling Shlup's?

Take care all.

Clouded Sky
06-26-2005, 06:57 AM
I have a grey HELLO KITTY tshirt that I wear frequently. Some people just think I'm weird, but oftne I have people come up and tell me they think my shirt is awesome. And it is an honest to god proven fact that when I wear female's jeans, at least one person has to compliment my butt. (it has to be the stitching.)

Leeza
06-26-2005, 06:57 AM
:)

I get compliments on the clothes that I wear to work. :)

fire_of_avalon
06-26-2005, 02:39 PM
I get compliments for being smart or brave or strong or hard working and on my hair and eyes. I wish someone besides Matt would like MY butt. :(

But I don't have any clothes that people compliment me on, usually. Just a black dress that people say I look good in.

Rye
06-26-2005, 02:42 PM
My butt is too big to be liked. :( And it's not even a good kind of big like J-lo. It's just ugly. xD

I get complimented on the shirt I'm wearing right now a lot. It's a black shirt that feels smooth like silk and it's lace up the middle, kinda like a corset. It's my corsettish shirt. And it's long on the sides. :)

Zeldy
06-26-2005, 02:46 PM
Not really as i barely leave the house :)
And for school.. i have to wear a Uniform

Ooh wait! I get negative feedback for my shoes of hip-hop/ chavs, so thats good..?
There so cool O_O
Black, Pointy, with white stripes along the top, and a pink box which says 'FOCK' :love:

Chris
06-26-2005, 02:49 PM
I get compliments when I dress as Grace Jones.... just kidding... really? :spin:

Resha
06-26-2005, 02:58 PM
Sometimes people like the clothes I wear. xD Nothing special about any of them, really.

My fashion sense is...WHACK. xD

DreamingOfDreams
06-26-2005, 03:07 PM
I have a plain but quite pretty pink dress that gets me lots of compliments. :D I wear it a lot. I also have this pair of jeans that when I asked one of my male friends how I looked, he said that they showed off my butt and I should wear them more often. I have never worn those jeans again.

DMKA
06-26-2005, 03:17 PM
I have one that says "IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY ATTITUDE STOP READING MY T-SHIRTS!" and yeah, it's gotten a few laugh-filled compliments.

As far as compliments about looking good, I've gotten a few...no one's complimented my ass yet though...I'm sad. ;__;

Silmaril
06-26-2005, 04:39 PM
I get complimented on my watches and the clothes I wear. My butt hasn't been complimented but my face has been called cute.

Psychotic
06-26-2005, 04:43 PM
My blue and orange trainers got a lotta love, although I've probably grown out of them now.

rubah
06-26-2005, 10:13 PM
a little blue striped shirt that ties around the neck instead of having sleeves~

and by complimented, I mean we were honked at 11 times while walking on johnston street, whistled at, and yelled at.

Kamiko
06-26-2005, 10:44 PM
I got complimented on my kimono with combat boots at one of the high school dances. Everyone was freaking out haha...

Poopcannon
06-26-2005, 11:14 PM
People always compliment me on my Slayer hoodie... Girls always say I'm hot in general, but especially my eyes (which has only gone to my head...) and they complain when they feel my butt that my baggy jeans usually hides it, so they can't enjoy it more. The same goes for my legs. They're both nice and toned from skateboarding...

Cruise Control
06-26-2005, 11:19 PM
My message t-shirts, and the fact that I'm brainy.

Shlup
06-27-2005, 12:55 AM
Naked does. :spin:
Stole my answer.