PDA

View Full Version : Anybody with RPG Maker 2000 or XP wanna help me

Erdrick Holmes
06-26-2005, 06:21 AM
Ever sence I started playing Namco X Capcom I felt like making a little crossover RPG. I was wondering, if anybody is willing to help, wanna help me make a crossover RPG using RPG Maker 2000 or XP. (XP prefered) so I can get an RPG made of SNK (characters from King of Fightes, Fatal Fury, Last Blade, Samurai Showdown) with characters from Konami (Metal Gear, Suikoden, and Yugioh).

So far the character roster will be something like this...

Generic Hero named "Jinkai"

Iori Yagami
Kyo Kusanagi
King
Kim Kaphwan
Mai Shuranui
Ryo Sakazaki
Mr Karate
Orochi
Geese Howard
Terry Boghard
Bennimaru
Rugal
Haouhmarou
Genjiro
Jubei
Eaerthquake
Nicotine
Seigar
Shiki
Kaede
Athena
Hibiki
Shiki
Kagami
Solid Snake
Revolver Ocelot
Psycho Mantis
The Fury
The Fear
Liquid Snake
Solidus Snake
Vamp
Tir Mchdol
Gremio
Riou (Suikoden 2's hero)
Flik
Viktor
Futch (adult)
Geddoe
Hugo
Chris
Luc
Luca Blight
Suikoden IV's hero
Snowe Vingerhut
Jowy Atreides
Grahm Cray
Pharoh Yugi
Malik
Dark Bakura
Kaiba
Pegasus

If anybody is up for helping me then PM me with a messanger handle that I can reach you with.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-26-2005, 07:01 AM
I don't have an RPG maker which is just as well due to my general ineptitude in such areas. However, I'm a rather good writer and can help wtih storyboards and the like. Also, to add to the roster (characters from the Zone of the Enders series):

Dingo Egret in Jehuty
Leo Steinbuck in Vic Viper
Nohman in Anubis
Ken Marinaris in Ardjet
Lloyd in Inhert
Viola AI in Nephitis

They are from the Zone of the Enders series by Hideo Kojima, which is quite good. Just something to consider doing, it may be hard to pull off.

I can be reached via the screen names in my profiles.

Markus. D
06-26-2005, 11:19 AM
i can help with scripting... do you need a catterpillar script (people in your party follow you) for rpg tsukuru xp. or rmxp

Lainehart
06-26-2005, 01:27 PM
I may be able to help with graphics and with the storyline, and putting it together (you send, I do stuff, send back, etc)

That's if I have time... which is a 60/40 in your favour

Erdrick Holmes
06-26-2005, 04:00 PM
Nah, I can get the story just fine. I'll probably add Castlevania characters to this. Anybody got a list of characters from that series? I don't think I eve rreally played a Castlevania game ever.

Mittopotahis
06-27-2005, 02:25 AM
I can help with a bit...if you want. Tsukasa is MUCH better than me though.
(I don't like that caterpiller script :mad: )

Erdrick Holmes
06-27-2005, 02:40 AM
i can help with scripting... do you need a catterpillar script (people in your party follow you) for rpg tsukuru xp. or rmxp

Nah, no caterpillar script is needed.

PM me with an instant messanger handle I can reach you with.

Mittopotahis
06-27-2005, 03:20 AM
I am officialy programing the game!

Erdrick Holmes
06-27-2005, 04:20 AM
Is there a limit as to how many playable charaters can be in a game?

crashNUMBERS
06-27-2005, 04:42 AM
I can probably help you think of more characters...

Erdrick Holmes
06-27-2005, 05:11 AM
Is it possible to program something in combat so two or more characters can do certain teamwork attacks?

Here's the story so far

Time and space coexist and dance in a rhythmic tune. If the rhythem were disrupted then physical reality would be drastically altered. Somebody is planning on doing just that. In a dimensional prison hidden under a wrinkle of space a sorceror by the name of "Soulstice" is kept. But after 4,000 years he manages to escape from his dimensional jailcell. Wilth many plots and magic spells he begins his sceme for universal destruction...

Elseware, in an unknown plain of green grass, seven bewildered people suddenly warp and pop from their homeworlds to this location. Among them is a Japanese desendant of the Kusanagi tribe (Kyo Kusanagi), a rash young street fighter from South Town (Terry Bogard), a samurai from the fudal ages (Haohmaru), a one-eyed mercnary from Harmonia's 12 Defense unit (Geddoe), a former US Marine from the cold fields of Alaska (Solid Snake), a lone vampire hunter, (Alucard) and on lone young man...

... and so it begins

crashNUMBERS
06-27-2005, 03:52 PM
Is it possible to program something in combat so two or more characters can do certain teamwork attacks?
I don't think so seeing how '03 wont let you then whats the chance of 2000 having it. If you do download '03 than you can ask manhalis to help you 'cause he knows a lot of hacks. And Yukikiro claims he is good at making sprites...

Erdrick Holmes
06-29-2005, 06:03 PM
I can make some of the sprites. I'd much rather have the version of RPG maker that doesn't show battles from First person perspective.

Is it possible to make it so you can rename the main character to whatever you want.

Craig
06-29-2005, 06:08 PM
I can make some of the sprites. I'd much rather have the version of RPG maker that doesn't show battles from First person perspective.

Is it possible to make it so you can rename the main character to whatever you want.

RM2k3 doesn't show from First Person.

And, if you're asking whether it's possible to make an event where you decide the name of a character, then yes it is.

Or atleast, it is on 2k3 so I'd imagine it is on any other version. Although on my version all the letters are complete jibberish, so I can't use it.

Also, Charas (http://charas-project.net/) seems to be good for making Sprites, but I haven't used it yet. And Charas Resources (http://charas-project.net/resources.php) has the alot of Resources from other people.

SomethingBig
06-29-2005, 06:56 PM
Yep, it's very possible. You need someone who's very familiar with the system, though, and requires quite a lot of scripting.

I can help out with graphics and some basic scripting.

Erdrick Holmes
06-29-2005, 07:38 PM
Sure, can you make pallets and stuff?

Can you also provide sound effects, like some of the sounds the SNK characters make when they do their moves.

Erdrick Holmes
06-30-2005, 10:39 PM
I also thought of something, sence my game will have so many playablecharacters I thought I'd make a seperate party system.

Team Hero:

Jinkai
Geddoe
Solid Snake
Kyo
Terry
Alucard

Team Ninja:
Cyborg Ninja
Kage
Mai Shiranui

Team Sidekick:
Raiden
Andy Bogard
Iori Yagami
Nanami
Genjiro

Team Darkside:
Iori
Haohmaru
Revolver Ocelot
Jowy
One of the Belmonts

YukiKiro
07-02-2005, 08:01 PM
here's the solid snake i promised.

Samuraid
07-03-2005, 01:33 AM
PHP?! :rolleyes2 From the binary, it looks like it should be a PNG image.

Erdrick Holmes
07-03-2005, 01:57 AM
That's good, I wanna see some battle sprites. I also wanna now if it's possible to have 6 or 7 playable characters in battle at once.

crashNUMBERS
07-03-2005, 02:22 AM
Where the hell is rock howard??

Timmy123455
08-02-2005, 05:47 AM
I'd be glad to help.

Timmy123455
08-02-2005, 05:47 AM
I've been using the RPG maker XP for a long time.

Erdrick Holmes
08-02-2005, 01:17 PM
Ok, just PM me with whatever stuff you got. I can't be arsed to work on this for awhile.