PDA

View Full Version : The EOFF Audience

Dreddz
06-26-2005, 11:24 AM
Ive only been here for about 6-7 months as a registered member, but have been a lurker for about 2 years. And now Ive thought long and hard on the sites members
The site is called Eyes On Final Fantasy, so its kinda clear on what this sites about. Looking over the forums, the Final Fantasy Aspect is a bit all over the place. I joined cause I like Final Fantasy and wanted to join a FF Comunity. As new members come, people seem to walk over the FF aspect and discuss non-FF related topics which reside on the top half of the forum. How does this site Publisize its self to make people join that dont even want to talk about FF, the Forum now is Like this
Non-Related FF talk : 65%
FF Related Talk : 35%
That is my judgement
I am not in any way saying this site is bad.
But it seems the top is taking over the bottem and is slowly going away from its roots.
Anyone else think the same ????

Old Manus
06-26-2005, 11:35 AM
I blame society.

nik0tine
06-26-2005, 11:56 AM
I blame President Bush.

Rinen
06-26-2005, 11:58 AM
Only so much can be said about games. There's more than just games, and we take the aspects of those games and stretch it into something that's almost completely different. For instance the General section could apply to the conversations of the games, as some parts, are just funny and almost pointless, while others would greatly concern eachother or the world itself. So if I put it that way, we're still in the FF world, just meshed in with our own.

Mittopotahis
06-26-2005, 12:35 PM
Face it, our lives don't 'revolve' around Final Fantasy. People like to talk about random stuff, what happening in their lives, in the world, express their feelings, show their abilities and gifts etc. If you don't want to be involved in all that, just stick in the Final Fantasy threads. Some people do. I believe it wouldn't be as fun without the non-related FF, but thats just me.

Dr.K
06-26-2005, 12:52 PM
It's nice to have a mix. General Chat and EotW and the like are very popular, and understandably so - the world is constantly changing, and different people have different things to talk about. While the FF section is also very popular, I guess most people would prefer to have the scope to talk about both FF and non-FF topics.

Rye
06-26-2005, 01:13 PM
I blame President Bush.

No! Blame Canada! Blame Canada! xD

RSL
06-26-2005, 01:16 PM
I've been a member here for 5 1/2 years. There's no way I could find enough interesting stuff to discuss about Final Fantasy for such a long period of time.

What you're describing is nothing new.

Rye
06-26-2005, 01:19 PM
I go to the FF forums once a new Final Fantasy comes out, really. I don't even need to go there for FF7 help, as I'm friends with a lot of FF7 whizzes and I know about gamefaq.com now. xD And yes, sadly, this is my first time playing FF7.

Maxico
06-26-2005, 01:23 PM
Well at the end of the day there is only so much that you can say about those games. Theres rarly anything new to discuss.

Leeza
06-26-2005, 02:18 PM
I'm probably one of the only members here who didn't join because of FF and I almost don't even visit the FF sections unless there's a reported post.

Zeldy
06-26-2005, 02:31 PM
I do like FF alot, but its not my favourite game for a long way.
I like it with a General Chat etc, its the only topics i go

Faris
06-26-2005, 03:06 PM
I blame President Bush.

Hey!! :aimmad:

SomethingBig
06-26-2005, 03:15 PM
I blame you! And your speaking of the French language! :D

Believe it or not, there are some members who actually hate FF, but joined just for the heck of it. But they were all killed. I mean died. Of natural causes.

Psychotic
06-26-2005, 04:37 PM
I joined EoFF for FF, but after about a year I was just tired of seeing all the same topics over and over again, but as I really liked General Chat, I stuck around.

Silmaril
06-26-2005, 04:43 PM
I haven't played one FF game. My friend bought FFTA for me but hasn't given it to me yet and I intend to buy FF 1 & 2 but I joined EOFF coz the people were real cute.

Del Murder
06-26-2005, 05:08 PM
There is still plenty of discussion going on in the bottom half of the board. I'd say it is about even. The personalitites just get noticed more up here because this is where the events happen.

Chris
06-26-2005, 05:11 PM
I joined for Final Fantasy... but I don't spend as much time in their sections as I do in the others. I do however, still like the FF sections. :spin:

Dreddz
06-26-2005, 05:47 PM
I haven't played one FF game. My friend bought FFTA for me but hasn't given it to me yet and I intend to buy FF 1 & 2 but I joined EOFF coz the people were real cute.
*Question
If you havent even played an FF game, how come you joined this board and went to this site?

Shoeberto
06-26-2005, 07:20 PM
I joined because I liked FF, but not because I wanted to discuss it. I was on the rebound from another community and wanted a place to talk.

I think a lot of people join because they want a place to discuss stuff, though not necessarily FF-related.

Loony BoB
06-26-2005, 07:37 PM
I'm probably one of the only members here who didn't join because of FF and I almost don't even visit the FF sections unless there's a reported post.
The only members I can think of that are on a similar level as you are Del Snizz, Calliope, ms_devli, Laura and a few pruned members. It would be interesting to find out if there are any others. As far as I know, most of those members haven't even played Final Fantasy.

nik0tine
06-26-2005, 09:48 PM
If there were more R=U discussions the FF section might see more usage.

Pure Strife
06-26-2005, 09:54 PM
When I joined I was bored and wanted to talk about FF. Now I'm bored and have played FF to the point where I know each game like the back of my and have no need to discuss them. This place is great for killing time.

rubah
06-26-2005, 10:16 PM
I blame IRC.

People join a room because there's people there, or go to talk with a friend of theirs, and don't care to actually read the book or play the game. That's how it was with a lot of people in #harrypotter on dal.net I remember darkknightlocke never read the books at allxD

although #eoff is on a FFCHAT network, so I don't know how well it holds up in this scenario.

But it has happened elsewhere~

Kamiko
06-26-2005, 10:41 PM
I blame the IRS. But that's just because I can...
This site is a medley of things, we're not just interested in Final Fantasy, although most of us play the game.

Resha
06-26-2005, 11:12 PM
Seeing as how the games have all been around for at least a year; I think most topics have been exhausted. At least this provides variety! ^_^

Lionx
06-27-2005, 12:26 AM
I blame you because you touch yourself at night D:

Denmark
06-27-2005, 12:35 AM
wtg lionx whipping out the old standard

I blame society.

I blame the images on TV.

crashNUMBERS
06-27-2005, 12:35 AM
Thats why I now post there more. Like just the last 2 days...

Rye
06-27-2005, 12:36 AM
I blame President Bush.

Just kidding, Ashley! :<3:

Kirobaito
06-27-2005, 12:37 AM
Many people join for FF and then eventually stop playing the games and grow past that point in their lives, like me. The community that has been established here is more than enough reason to stay, even if you don't play FF anymore, like me.

rubah
06-27-2005, 01:43 AM
So, did you say that you still play those final fantasy games, there, kb?

frr_vegeta
06-27-2005, 01:48 AM
I predict the release of FFXII may change this.....for about 3 days and then it will go back to normalcy.

Samuraid
06-27-2005, 02:07 AM
Non-Related FF talk : 65%
FF Related Talk : 35%

At least since 2001 it's always been somewhat like that. Maybe a little bit more like 40%/60% but still similar.

Shlup
06-27-2005, 06:19 AM
We should delete all non-FF forums to force people to talk about Final Fantasy, because that would make the site more in touch with its roots lolz.

Old Manus
06-27-2005, 07:47 AM
Final Fantasy sections!?

Rinen
06-27-2005, 12:10 PM
I joined here just to see what was behind the members only sections, and I generally post a lot more in EoEo moreso than anything. I only post in other sections if I see something that interests me or if I'm very bored, in which I am very bored right now, so I spent this evening checking the general chat once in a while. I went to this site because someone told me about it online, and I just went here to see if there's anything that interests me, sure I like FF, but it's not everything. I have a lot of other things to do other than play FF and talk about FF. Which is why I like EoEo.

Devourment
06-27-2005, 12:46 PM
I joined obviously 'cause of Final Fantasy. Last year when I joined I used to post in the FFVII, FFVIII & Advent Children threads a bit but then I didn't come back for quite awhile after I got bored. But when I came back I started posting a bit more than I did previously, then gradually I've started posting on here everyday, or, as often as I can. I don't know why I was like that awhile ago.. It was weird, but I like this forum a lot now. Over the last few weeks I've been posting in the GC part so much I've forgot about all the other sections on the board so I've been posting in the FF related sections more lately. I want to post in as many of the sections as possible 'cause it seems boring just sticking to one section. But yeah, not that many people go into the FF sections 'cause the same thing keeps on coming up over & over again. I've just made a topic in FFVIII, but I'm sure it's been done before.. I searched, but didn't find any results. But what I'm trying to say is that some oldies who [used] to go in the FF sections perhaps don't go in there now 'cause a lot of the threads have probably been done before.

Christmas
03-14-2022, 05:31 AM
Del Murder should have hired this guy as an analyst or a consultant.:bigsmile:

I think the things people brought up still stand plus the advancement of technology gave people more alternatives such as social media..etc. I do know of one or two message boards that are still thriving though but usually they are more infamous than famous. :bigsmile: