PDA

View Full Version : w00000t Im a Loser

Dreddz
06-26-2005, 06:12 PM
Febuary 6th 2005 :
I was playing FFVII as I do, I take it and place it to the side.

Febuary 8th 2005 :
The Cleaner cleans my room, FFVII is still out.

Febuary 9th 2005 :
I go and try to find the game, on the Second Hour, I find the game
I pick it up, there was something wrong with the game, I looked closely, there was...........a crack in the disc. I panics alot, I try to see if the game works. It didnt. I cry

Febuary 10th - June 20th 2005 :
Still crying, I cant bear it anymore, I go on eBay to see if, for whatever reason, I could get only the second disc for FFVII, I couldnt
I see about 100 copys of the full game. I.................bought a completey new one * sigh *

So, I now have 2 copys of FFVII
I love this game so much that I resorted on buying a completely new one, just cause the second disc cracked. I feel kinda of a loser, how can a game make me do this.
Am I sad for doing this ???

Crop
06-26-2005, 07:11 PM
The only thing i think your sad at is if you did really cry when it broke.

It depends how much you baught it for, how much?

Shoeberto
06-26-2005, 07:27 PM
That's my same question. If it was just a few bucks, no biggie. I'd do it if a game I played a lot got borked.

Dreddz
06-26-2005, 07:30 PM

Yea, it was very distrsssing, I mean I didnt even cry at my Grandads funeral. I bought it for £9.00

Crop
06-26-2005, 07:40 PM

Yea, it was very distrsssing, I mean I didnt even cry at my Grandads funeral. I bought it for £9.00

Ok the money isnt THAT bad but i cant belive you cried, i do think your sad, no offence.

Shoeberto
06-26-2005, 07:40 PM
I think that comes out to something like $11-$13USD, which is reasonable. So no, you're not a loser.

Dreddz
06-26-2005, 07:42 PM

Ok the money isnt THAT bad but i cant belive you cried, i do think your sad, no offence.
Well im still crying now for that comment

Crop
06-26-2005, 07:43 PM
Well its oly ff7 its not exactly the world.

Chris
06-26-2005, 08:09 PM
I don't think you're sad for doing so, I've bought the game twice as well.
I have a second copies of all my Final Fantasy games. Just in case something like that should happen.

Dreddz
06-26-2005, 08:29 PM
Dont say that, they might be ya know......listening

Slade
06-27-2005, 03:07 AM
You have a cleaner?!
Clean your own room and that sorta thing wouldnt happen.....much :D

DJZen
06-27-2005, 03:41 AM
I just think it's sad that your first thought was "look on ebay" when you can buy it from stores used for real cheap. You don't even have to pay shipping. Too bad, eh?

Dreddz
06-27-2005, 08:52 AM
I cant be bothered to go out and get it, and its not true that its cheaper, eBay is usally better

Butz
06-27-2005, 09:11 AM

actually it is the world.. I've longed 7 years 'til I finally put my hand on it, if it breaks, whatever..

I'll search for another one :D

Crop
06-27-2005, 03:48 PM
Oh come on! doesnt anyone else find it weird that he cried!? or are you all like that?

Dreddz
06-27-2005, 04:04 PM
Just remeber this, I class FF7 on the same level with my family..

Crop
06-27-2005, 04:29 PM

Please say your joking.
And please say that all of you arnt like this?

redxiiii
06-27-2005, 05:13 PM
It`s awright gibbi8 I had to buy a compleatly new one aswell when my first disc didn`t work and I ended up getting the guide with it aswell lol. But you do seem a little too obsessed with the game .

Dreddz
06-27-2005, 06:18 PM
Its just too good !!

Please say your joking.

hahahahahahahahahaha...................im not :(

Crop
06-27-2005, 06:24 PM
Its just too good !!

Please say your joking.

Your not? ok maybe you should take a break from FF and spend some time with your family. or would you sry some more?

Dreddz
06-27-2005, 06:57 PM
Its just too good !!

Please say your joking.

Your not? ok maybe you should take a break from FF and spend some time with your family. or would you sry some more?
Most probably

Khimbar2775
06-27-2005, 08:24 PM
its ok that you cried when it broke... i cried and got angry with the characters in Xenogears, cause it seemed so realistic, like a movie! and i was very emotional when i played FFT also. :cry: it was so real!

T-MaN
06-27-2005, 08:52 PM
I don't think that it's sad at all if you are crying for something that is precious to you, and that you just recently lost a part of it. I would've bought another copy as well. FFVII is my fav. Final Fantasy game, and is also the first PS game I've ever played in my life. If I lost that, I probably would've been pissed off and attacked the one responsible for it being lost or something.

Crop
06-27-2005, 08:58 PM
Are you all crazy??? would you all cry if your game broke?!?!

thinking of names is hard
06-27-2005, 09:19 PM
Is everyone crazy?!?!?!?!(not you crop, i think im sticking up for you here) yeah you buy a new game because you broke it, but crying? Relax, get rid of your cleaner and have an artistic room like mine (some people call it mess and rubbish, i call it art...) Just remmember that the game isnt real...I know its hard to accept but one day you will realise..."wait a minute ,its not real" and everyone will live happy ever after.

Smae level as toyr family??? My only advice is if you consider that disc to be so special you should draw a smily face on it and sleep with it at night.

don't think you're sad for doing so, I've bought the game twice as well.
I have a second copies of all my Final Fantasy games. Just in case something like that should happen.I think youve got too much money to spare...Why dont you just buy different games...or even better-donate it to charity ;).

Hikaro Takayama
06-27-2005, 10:05 PM

No, when the Royal Dutch Airlines lost, then severly damaged the luggage that my CD case was in (the install disc for Diablo II, Disc I of FFVII PC, my Unreal Tournament 2003 play disc and my Galactic Civilizations CD were all shattered), I just swore a bit (mainly becaus I was looking at well over $100 worth of replacement costs).... and also swore that if I ever flew through the Netherlands again, I'd pack my CD case in a metal box. :mad: (If anyone needs a comprehensive argument for why marijuana should NOT be legalized, all they have to do is visit Holland just once.....)

I also made plans that, once the ship pulled into port in a place where computer software was readily available, I'd get a new copy of FFVII for the PC. A few months later the ship pulls into Singapore, and I find not only a copy of FFVII PC but FFVIII PC as well, and after that I was happy as a lark. Of course, since I've always got at least a dozen things on the go (see the link in my sig for some details), the loss of 5 good games didn't bother me ......much. What DID bother me was having to shell out the money to buy the games all over again (well, the games that I did actually end up buying again, that is).

So yeah, if you cry over one game getting broken, you DEFINITELY need to get outside more often (which reminds me, I believe my garden might need watering today......).

NeoTifa
06-27-2005, 10:42 PM
i wished i could find the 3rd ff8 disc cause mine stops at the lunar launch, so no you are not a loser.

Lon611
06-28-2005, 12:06 AM
now, to cry during an emotional scene in a game is perfectly acceptable, and almost expected. i almost cried in FFIX and did cry in FFX.

but if i lost one of my fav games....i wudn't cry at all.id look for it, get depressed and frustrated for searching for it for so long, then buy another copy....

now, if i lost my MEMORY CARD, now tahts another story. i think we'd all cry if taht broke or was stolen/lost, cuz all of us have game saves that are VERY precious and to reach those states of mastery again would be too time consuming, and unrealistic.

i do think u need to spend more time with ur family....be glad u didn't lose them.

Dreddz
06-28-2005, 07:02 PM
i do think u need to spend more time with ur family....be glad u didn't lose them.
irs not that I dont spend time with my family, its just that FFVII means so much, they are helping me through this very emotional time

T-MaN
06-28-2005, 07:23 PM
irs not that I dont spend time with my family, its just that FFVII means so much, they are helping me through this very emotional time

Exactly, and you have every right to feel that way. Forget what anyone else says, and do what you feel like doing. That is what makes a person unique. Even if people say your weird and all that stuff, just brush them off. They are just saying stuff to what they are accustomed to, meaning that they will only speak about their definition of weirdness and what makes a person a "loser". I hope I made some sense here.

DMKA
06-28-2005, 08:10 PM
I bought my copy of FFVII for $60.00. =/

ScottNUMBERS
07-02-2005, 10:33 PM

Winter Nights
07-02-2005, 11:45 PM
I think this is about the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Crying over an emotional scene is both acceptable and understandable.

Crying over a broken disc that is easily replaced.. OMGWTFBBQ.. Get a life.

T-MaN
07-03-2005, 12:28 AM

So you are saying that crying for something that is precious to someone is wrong? Wow, that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Crop
07-03-2005, 09:18 AM

So you are saying that crying for something that is precious to someone is wrong? Wow, that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

No hes saying crying over a broken disk that could easly be replaced is sad, and i agree.

cloud20747
07-03-2005, 10:25 AM
Yeah it is kind of sad you cried but I brought a new one after all my discs stopped working. I'm at my Third copy. The first one was scrathed badly by me (I was 9). The second was scrathed badly by my friend (I had messed up his Chrono Cross by mistake) I hope nothing happens to this copy.

T-MaN
07-03-2005, 02:30 PM
No hes saying crying over a broken disk that could easly be replaced is sad, and i agree.

I know what he is saying, and I do not agree to that. Even if it could be replaced, it still holds a certain importance to the owner. It's like owning a car. It can be replaced, but the owner might get sad and cry if the car gets damaged. Crying for something that you value is not wrong. It is quite acceptable.

Rostum
07-03-2005, 02:52 PM
I've bought FF7 twice, the first copy wouldn't work anymore.

I still think it's sad that you would actually cry over something you could replace so cheaply. It's just a game. =\

07-03-2005, 03:12 PM
I know what he is saying, and I do not agree to that. Even if it could be replaced, it still holds a certain importance to the owner. It's like owning a car. It can be replaced, but the owner might get sad and cry if the car gets damaged. Crying for something that you value is not wrong. It is quite acceptable.
Yeah its like owning a car...except that cars dont cost £10 to buy a new one and anyone who treasures a disc in a higher category than their family is weird.

That is what makes a person unique
Well...i guess you could call it unique?

My advice-swear, throw playstation across the room, jump out window and then get on with life.

Khimbar2775
07-03-2005, 03:23 PM
My advice-swear, throw playstation across the room, jump out window and then get on with life.
Wow, can only two people on this thread understand what it's like to lose something precious? It's almost like having a vintage bottle of coke and it was smashed. Its very easy to replace, but it's just ot the same!!! :cry:

Dreddz
07-03-2005, 04:34 PM
grrrrrrrrrghhhhhhh

Sephitachi7
07-04-2005, 04:49 AM
Um... I love FF7. Not more than family or friends, but I still love FF7. I understand being upset over broken ff7 disc, but never say you treasure it more than family. Family and some friends are irreplaceable. FF7 you can buy for $20 max. Family is priceless. Never forget that.

Aeris lives
07-04-2005, 04:20 PM
Id cry if the disk broke and there was no way of replacing it :(

07-04-2005, 06:22 PM
There is a way of replacing it...buy a new one.

Aeris lives
07-04-2005, 09:03 PM
Oh yea! :p

Winter Nights
07-04-2005, 10:34 PM

Crying over a car is pretty lame too. I'm sorry, but getting that worked up over a non-living thing is quite sad and pathetic, in my opinion.

Terran
07-07-2005, 12:38 AM
Look, I personally am thought to play way too much videogames and need to get out more. But i would never cry if any of my games broke. I generally don't cry but, if it was a VERY important game to me such as my first game i ever played i would prolly kill some1 nearby. :D I love Super Mario Brothers...