PDA

View Full Version : Irrational Fears

Spiffing Cheese
06-26-2005, 06:32 PM
So, the other day, I was having lunch at school. Y'know, perfectly normal, just chilling out and eating.

Then I took a banana out of my bag.

For some reason, this absolutely terrified one of my friends and she actually had to leave the table.

Do you have any irrational fears? The only things I'm really scared of are clowns and ventriloquist dummies - and I suppose that is a bit irrational.

kikimm
06-26-2005, 06:41 PM
Hmm.....I don't think so, but I'm really not sure. Most of my fears are pretty rational, I think. Maybe driving is the closest thing I have. So driving.

:D

Chris
06-26-2005, 06:51 PM
No. I'm pretty normal... I think... WHY ARE YOU WATCHING ME?! :(

DreamingOfDreams
06-26-2005, 06:53 PM
Darkness *shudders* and going on busses.

DMKA
06-26-2005, 07:15 PM
Republicans.

Spiffing Cheese
06-26-2005, 07:21 PM
Going on buses?

Rye
06-26-2005, 07:24 PM
Do you have any irrational fears? The only things I'm really scared of are clowns and ventriloquist dummies - and I suppose that is a bit irrational.

Wow, the same as me. I'm scared of those two things, and thinking about eyeballs out of heads.

Spiffing Cheese
06-26-2005, 07:40 PM
Eyeballs out of heads? Ewwww.

I'm really claustrophobic, as wel...

Loony BoB
06-26-2005, 07:43 PM
Irrational might not be the best word to use when describing a fear... I can't think of many things that it's rational to be afraid of. You can know something is not good, but why fear it? If that's the case, all fears are irrational.

I fear love at the same time as craving it. I fear love because I know that it makes me paranoid - in other words, it makes me afraid of things that I shouldn't be. More irrational fears? It's kind of silly, really. I know the only problem I have when being in love is my paranoia, so if I stopped being paranoid, I'd have nothing to be paranoid about. But because I AM a paranoid person, I have something to be paranoid about. :p I hope that makes sense. Oh well.

Kamiko
06-26-2005, 07:50 PM
For some reason, I'm scared to death of feet. My brother and my sisters will put their bare feet in front of my face in the morning and I wake up and scream and run everywhere. And they put them on the table when I'm eating too...
I don't know why I just cannot stand FEET.

T-MaN
06-26-2005, 07:54 PM
I don't know if you would call this irrational or not, but I am terrified of high heights. (Yet, I still go skydiving every summer).

rubah
06-26-2005, 08:35 PM
I don't like walking on floor that used to have a heavy piece of furniture that was recently moved off of it.

Its like, the floor hasn't been used in so long that it might've broken through, despite the fact that the area around it was in fact, supporting a heavy object.

Dreddz
06-26-2005, 08:40 PM
People from the country and Old People

Cruise Control
06-26-2005, 08:43 PM
I dunno, but some smells have this quality that makes me fearfull, like hospitals

RedFoxIHavdaGunIlCU@0800
06-26-2005, 08:45 PM
I have an irrational fear of michael jackson. this is stupid because i will never meet the man and have absoloutly no reason to fear him the way i do. :hat:

Breine
06-26-2005, 09:30 PM
I'm scared of bees, spiders, and I'm also claustrophopic (I don't know if that is spelled right?)

Spiffing Cheese
06-26-2005, 09:51 PM
I have an irrational fear of michael jackson. this is stupid because i will never meet the man and have absoloutly no reason to fear him the way i do. :hat:

Michael Jackson scares me too :(

I have been told on several occasions I want his babies.

DK
06-26-2005, 10:11 PM
Spizz's roving hands scare me. ;__;

rubah
06-26-2005, 10:20 PM
I'm scared of bees, spiders, and I'm also claustrophopic (I don't know if that is spelled right?)

I'm only claustrophobic while driving cars in heavy rain.

Denmark
06-26-2005, 10:26 PM
wait. she's afraid of a banana? sorry for saying this but LOL

anyway. I'm afraid of dogs for the most part. except those that are incredibly friendly. aggression = bad

and I'm afraid of the internet. this is irrational because I'm using it right now. but I'm scared /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifless doing it.

HA JUST KIDDING. :)

Resha
06-26-2005, 11:07 PM
You're scared of clowns, Spifflie?? Just like Johnny Depp! xDDD :laugh: :(

bennator
06-27-2005, 01:16 AM
I'm terrified of needles. I had to get an IV last week, and I went into shock from the needle (just saline at that point too), I was convulsing, hyperventilating, the whole nine yards.

frr_vegeta
06-27-2005, 01:34 AM
Bee's, Wasps, Hornets, Mail from Bleys, and needles. Most people share some/all of these fears.

Chibi-Koneko
06-27-2005, 01:35 AM
lets see,,,, I'm afraid of people getting to know me, people with sharp things near me, people being behind me. (I think I have trust issues. lol) People yelling and swearing angerly. (my parents fault.*whispers* it the emotional abuse, I think.) Anything that can hurt me; bees, ect., food with unknown ingredients, and for some reason I'm afraid to touch turtles.

krissy
06-27-2005, 05:55 AM
i know a kid with a morbid fear of cheese and bananas

i am not joking, this coincidence is startling even to me

Yuffie514
06-27-2005, 06:03 AM
i don't like bugs, especially cockroaches. sometimes i run, but i've killed some too. i guess i hate them as much. my conscience tells me that if i don't kill it, i'll be seeing more of them 'cuz it'll probably lay eggs or get bigger.

black orb
06-27-2005, 06:15 AM
>>> I have fear of Failure, Police, being robbed, Car driving and deformed people.
Geez, Im a coward.

Calliope
06-27-2005, 07:41 AM
None of my fears are irrational.

Silmaril
06-27-2005, 07:50 AM
I used to have an irrational fear of bubbles when I was a kid. My sister always insisted on bubble baths and my mom always gave me a bubble bath as well. I remember sitting quietly in the tub, gazing at those bubbles that hissed popped gently, beating them away when they came to near me, waiting for my mom to come and rinse me off, feeling so outnumbered against all that white foam. :cry:

It's gone now but I've always been repulsed by clowns.

Spiffing Cheese
06-27-2005, 09:50 PM
Spizz's roving hands scare me. ;__;

Kyono giving me lapdances scares me.

:(

OMG Johnny Depp is scared of clowns?! :love: I feel so close to him. :D

NeoTifa
06-27-2005, 10:00 PM
For some reason, I'm scared to death of feet. My brother and my sisters will put their bare feet in front of my face in the morning and I wake up and scream and run everywhere. And they put them on the table when I'm eating too...
I don't know why I just cannot stand FEET.

why i do declare! i have a fear of feet too! wow we are so alike XD

i have closterphobia, insectaphobia (if that exists), im terrified of lightning bugs and june bugs (laugh all want!), love, being rejected, being alone (truly alone), the ghost in my room that likes to piss me off, etc.

oh, and i like to lounge, got a prob, yo?

DK
06-27-2005, 10:17 PM
Kyono giving me lapdances scares me.

THAT WAS NOT ME THAT WAS GNURPEN THE BUNNY!

And you stole his innocence forever ;__;!

NeoTifa
06-27-2005, 10:30 PM
O.o ^ scares me...

Spiffing Cheese
06-28-2005, 03:48 PM
Fine, I don't like it when your other personality, Gnurpen the bunny, gives me lapdances.

He stole my innocence! He didn't HAVE to give me a lapdance xD

DK
06-28-2005, 04:12 PM
You loved his lapdance! Otherwise those hands of yours wouldn't have violated him the way they did. ;o

oh, and Did you end up getting married yesterday? My computer died. =o

Ravenmorghane
06-28-2005, 11:06 PM
an irrational fear or hatred is called a phobia and these are diagnosed by psychiatrists.

An old mate of mine couldnt watch people drink milk
Another mate of mine can't look at baked beans
And I hate spiders and low down heights on wobbly surfaces (e.g ladders)

KuRt
06-28-2005, 11:14 PM
Iīm so scared of heights that it isnīt even true! Still i dream all thw time about flying like Neo in matrix. You know, no wings or anything. you just could fly super fast

Lilian
06-29-2005, 06:08 AM
I fear everything. o_o Well, not bananas. But heights, the dark, bugs, driving...and my biggest fear is bees. This is because I stepped in a hive of yellowjackets when I was younger. Twas not fun.

Chemical
06-29-2005, 06:25 AM
Acerophobia- Fear of sourness.
Acousticophobia- Fear of noise
Aerophobia- Fear of drafts, air swallowing, or airbourne noxious substances. (yes... look out for airbourne STDS!)
Alliumphobia- Fear of garlic.
Allodoxaphobia- Fear of opinions.
Anablephobia- Fear of looking up.
Anthrophobia or Anthophobia- Fear of flowers.
Anuptaphobia- Fear of staying single.
Arachibutyrophobia- Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth
Bibliophobia- Fear of books
Bogyphobia- Fear of bogeys or the bogeyman
Cacophobia- Fear of ugliness.
Cenophobia or Centophobia- Fear of new things or ideas.
Cibophobia- Fear of food.(Sitophobia, Sitiophobia)
Cyberphobia- Fear of computers or working on a computer.
Dikephobia- Fear of justice
Electrophobia- Fear of electricity.
Eleutherophobia- Fear of freedom.
Euphobia- Fear of hearing good news.
Francophobia- Fear of France or French culture
Geniophobia- Fear of chins.
Germanophobia- Fear of Germany or German culture.
Geumaphobia or Geumophobia- Fear of taste.
Graphophobia- Fear of writing or handwriting.
Hedonophobia- Fear of feeling pleasure.
Hellenologophobia- Fear of Greek terms or complex scientific terminology.
Japanophobia- Fear of Japanese.
Judeophobia- Fear of Jews.
Kathisophobia- Fear of sitting down.
Lachanophobia- Fear of vegetables.
Linonophobia- Fear of string.
Lutraphobia- Fear of otters.
Megalophobia- Fear of large things.
Metrophobia- Fear or hatred of poetry.
Microphobia- Fear of small things.
Myrmecophobia- Fear of ants.
Myxophobia- Fear of slime.
Nomatophobia- Fear of names
Octophobia - Fear of the figure 8.
Oenophobia- Fear of wines.
Ouranophobia or Uranophobia- Fear of heaven.
Philosophobia- Fear of philosophy.
Phobophobia- Fear of phobias.
Phronemophobia- Fear of thinking.
Pogonophobia- Fear of beards.
Pteronophobia- Fear of being tickled by feathers.
Samhainophobia: Fear of Halloween.
Scatophobia- Fear of fecal matter.
Sinophobia- Fear of Chinese, Chinese culture.
Sophophobia- Fear of learning.
Textophobia- Fear of certain fabrics.
Urophobia- Fear of urine or urinating.
Xanthophobia- Fear of the color yellow or the word yellow.
Xenoglossophobia- Fear of foreign languages.
Zemmiphobia- Fear of the great mole rat.

That's all the ones I thought were rediculous.

Me... I think I have the most sensible fear:
Anthropophobia- Fear of people or society

Yamaneko
06-29-2005, 06:33 AM
Anatidaephobia - The fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you.

Spiffing Cheese
06-29-2005, 03:10 PM
Anatidaephobia - The fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you.

xD

You loved his lapdance! Otherwise those hands of yours wouldn't have violated him the way they did. ;o

oh, and Did you end up getting married yesterday? My computer died. =o

Yes, we did. Because SOMEBODY left, Faris had to be a bridesmaid/flower girl/maid of honour/priest/vicar/random schizo.

Reles
06-30-2005, 06:01 AM
I have the weirdest fears in the world. My first and WEIRDEST is the sunrise. I like the sun and I like the stars, but when the sun peeks up it creates this eerie feeling, and I don't know how to describe it, it's just morbid. My other fear is going to a fast food place and ordering through drive thru. I just can't talk to someone that I don't know that isn't there in front of me. Which is why I never pick up ringing phones in my house because you'll never know who's there.

Meow
06-30-2005, 07:32 AM
The sunrise bit doesn't sound like a fear. It sounds like a weird feeling.

Spiffing Cheese's story, if we're on the subject of things sounding, sounds like a euphemism.

Rainecloud
06-30-2005, 07:37 AM
I've mentioned it before, but I have a fear of underwater machinery. I can't go near any grids or wave machines at the swimming baths without becoming extremely uncomfortable, upset and panicky.

Curse my feeble fears.

Kappy
07-02-2005, 10:46 PM
I don't have any irrational fears as such. Some things freak me out but nothing drastic..
I have a fear of wasps, though. They TERRIFY ME. :'(

ZuZu
07-03-2005, 01:07 PM
My sister fear cotton. Don't know why but always when I give it to her, she start screaming... :Oo:

Devourment
07-04-2005, 09:20 AM
I don't like big groups of people.. I fell threatened. :greenie: