PDA

View Full Version : PS2 tray

Vaprice
06-27-2005, 02:24 AM
Okay guys, heres the deal, my PS2 disc drive is opening when I want it to but it doesn't stay open for long as it should be doing it....I open it closes back up after I take CD out and whatnot......it makes me so....So...S0 s0o0o0o frustuated......

Has this ever happened to you? And what did you do? get a new one? get it fixed somewhere? Did you split it open with a hammer? xD

DJZen
06-27-2005, 06:28 AM
Mine will only do that if it senses pressure being applied against the door. This happens a lot when there's a cord or something in the way. If that's unrelated to your problem, prepare to shell out the money to get it fixed.

Dreddz
06-27-2005, 09:03 AM
Stuff like that happens, I prefered the PSX tray as you could play US games on my Eurpeon PSX but trapping the lid, this was how I got to play FFT

SomethingBig
06-27-2005, 11:31 AM
Get everything out of its way. If that still doesn't work, call Sony and ask for a repair, because they'll do it for free.

Constantino
07-01-2005, 11:57 PM
take apart your ps2 "carfully" and see if the disc tray is dirty of if there is something blocking the motor that senses presure and clean it with a bottle of one of those compressed air trust me it works i have this problem all the time so dont worry if you feel like your the only one, it might also be possible that your ps2 is dying on you. when did you buy your ps2? how long have you had it for?