PDA

View Full Version : Landon Donavon

Vaprice
06-27-2005, 03:20 AM
Okay so I was watching a US club soccer tam yesterday *LA vs SJ*

and omg it was cruel for donavon to be playing againts his former team.....everytime he touched the ball the crowd would be boo-ing and whatnot....I think it's just not right....it was by far outrageous......

in sports players come and go. Donavon was in the NATIONAL TEAM!!!!!! which means he's away from his club team for most of the time......therefore he switched teams......it made me mad that fans of SOCCER were boo-ing one of the most best soccer players for the United States soccer team.

The soccer FANS need to understand why he switched....GOOOOOSH!

xD

Doc Sark
06-27-2005, 10:18 AM
I know why he switched.

Because he wasn't good enough to hack the pace at a top European club like Bayer Leverkusen, so used the excuse of being homesick to go back to being a big fish in a small pond.

That's football though. Football fans don't tend to take kindly to their star players upping and leaving so they give them a hard time when they get the opportunity. I'd get used to it if I were you, it's silly but it won't go away.

NM
06-27-2005, 10:25 AM
Players being booed when they go back to thier old clubs is nothing new, it happens all the time. It dosn't happen to every player, just the one's who either move to a rival club or under conditions that the fans don't like.

As a few example's.

Wayne Rooney left Everton for Man Utd last summer after a good Euro2004. The Everton fans weren't to happy as they saw it as Rooney deserting the club for more money.

Figo isn't the most popular player at the Nou Camp (Barcalona's home ground) either since he moved to Real Madrid. If you don't know, Real and Barcalona don't like each other to much, so any player who moves from one to the other will generally be booed when they go back.

It's not a nice thing, but then some football fans tend to see things in black and white when it comes to the club they support.