PDA

View Full Version : mega tonberry

Hambone
06-27-2005, 05:06 AM
can anybody tell me how to beat the mega tonberry in the via infinito? Any help would be great. thanks

CaptRory
06-27-2005, 06:43 AM
The only solution that I've found is a Catnip Gunner at critical health.

boys from the dwarf
06-27-2005, 08:06 AM
what levels are your characters at?

karatehero
06-27-2005, 05:43 PM
Better question, how do you get him to do his 'cry in the night' thing. Thats the last thing I need to have my gals all at 100% for their dress spheres.

BTW-I already looked at gamefaqs. Its just hard to get them oversouled.

The Anarchy Angel
06-27-2005, 06:22 PM
Defeat lots of tonberrys then (don't worry, tonberries, they wont hurt you *cuddles tonberries*) when you meet your first over souled one, run away then find mega tonberry. He should then be oversouled.

Hambone
06-27-2005, 07:34 PM
what levels are your characters at?

Yuna:57, Rikku:58, Paine:58. And yet it was still easy beating black elemental.

SeeDRankLou
06-27-2005, 09:52 PM
I've beat Mega Tonberry with the aid of a lot of defense stuff. I had Yuna and Paine in their Mascot dress sphere. Yuna had the Adamantite and Diamond Gloves, and Paine had two Championship Belts. I had Rikku in the Berserker dress sphere and she had the Force of Nature and a Championship Belt. Yuna was in the Mounted Assault GG. Paine was in the Stonehewn GG. Rikku was in the Ray of Hope GG.

When this fight started, Yuna was already in Mascot, and Paine and Rikku both started off in Thief (for the First Strike ability). This was because they needed to pass through their respective four gates to get the full effects of their GGs. So I start off by having Paine and Rikku spherechange through their four gates so that Paine could get an extra Def+60 and Rikku could get an extra Luck+120. Yuna immediately casts Moogle Wall on Paine, then on Rikku, then Moogle Regen on herself, healing when necessary. She eventually casts Moogle Regen on Rikku and Paine. When all is done, everyone is in their wanted dress spheres and hopefully still alive. Now, since Rikku's luck is so high, it is highly probably she won't get attacked, and if she does, she had Evade & Counter backed by a very high luck stat. So, Rikku Howls to make her HP as high as possible, and then Berserks, so unless she dies you don't have to worry about her anymore, not to mention the Force of Nature for some reason makes her freakishly strong. Yuna will keep everyone alive, and because of her accessories she will probably never die as long as she keeps her health up. Paine can help this process by using Quarter Knife, and if it's successful will weaken the Mega Tonberry. Then she can just back up Yuna, attacking if she gets the chance. So now, the Mega Tonberry will more than likely be attacking Yuna and Paine, who both have very high defense and can take the beating. And all the while, Rikku will stay relatively unharmed while she beats the crap out of Mega Tonberry. Victory. The trick to the battle is being able to survive one of Mega Tonberry's attacks and healing yourself fast enough so you can survive another.

Fighting an oversouled Mega Tonberry is actually easier than a normal one. A Mega Tonberry just attacks, so there is no wait time for the attacks it performs. An oversouled Mega Tonberry will use magic. And using magic requires a wait period, giving you the opportunity to heal. If you want the Cry In The Night, just use three Mascots. They'll all have pretty high defense, and just use accessories to give everyone high defense and high magic defense. Be aware of how much HP you have taken from Mega Tonberry. When you have Mega Tonberry just above 10,000 HP, have two of your girls sphere change to Gun Mage. Have these two repeatedly cast White Wind. Then, have the third girl use a magic attack to reduce Maga Tonberry's HP below 10,000, and then quickly have her sphere change to Gun Mage (since there will be no wait time after a magic attack). If you time this right, all three girls will learn Cry In The Night at once, and since you have high magic defense, you will survive. Then sphere change back to Mascots and kill Mega Tonberry.