PDA

View Full Version : I talking good english you

Peegee
06-27-2005, 09:57 AM
I better not get in trouble for this :D

Any real life examples of Engrish to share? I'm living in Hong Kong as we speak so I've seen several, though not of them is unintentional engrish (which is why it's so funny imo).

- There's a supermarket chain here called 'Wellcome' which I mentioned to DMKA almost immediately. The interesting thing is that either the misspelling was intentional for whatever reason, or they just wouldn't rename it after all these years. I wanna see a PR release about that.

I say this because Wellcome is a huge supermarket chain, not some 'lolz lookit' store.

- I've posted this elsewhere but I was wandering around the subway when I saw an azn girl with 'I <3 pony' all over her shirt. So luckily I had my camera on me, and basically for about five minutes you would have seen me chasing this girl and trying to get a shot of her back. Man I did the most blurry pictures that time xD

- Right now I'm auditing a company that trades in toys. This %^>@# I can't make up:

200 pcs maracas
360 pcs tombourine
360 pcs triangle
360 pcs drum
** Goods completed on 5-Jan-2004 & Kept in nice China factory.

xD

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-27-2005, 10:03 AM
From the inside of a bathroom in Peru:

http://norbert-x.com/rock/userfiles/Kishi/tothrowthetoiletpapers.gif

Peegee
06-27-2005, 10:10 AM
I throw tp in the toilet b/c it's more sanitary than have a bunch of poo-flavoured (isn't that nice, pg?) tp tissues all over the floor.

Gross.

Shlup
06-27-2005, 10:13 AM
At the sushi bar I go to they used to serve "Red Cram" (red clam) and "Cattepilla Roll" (catterpillar roll). They fixed that some time ago, but recently added "Sutter" (shooters) to the menu.

Big D
06-27-2005, 10:44 AM
There's at least one café in my country where they serve mescaline salad instead of mesclun salad.

Want hallucinogens with that?

Loony BoB
06-27-2005, 11:01 AM
I still find Meatloaf's '66% Quite Good' to be thoroughly amusing. I haven't seen anything decent lately offline, though.

EDIT: For those who don't know, Meatloaf's song "Two out of Three Ain't Bad" was released in Japan as "66% Quite Good". Brilliance.

Ravenmorghane
06-27-2005, 11:57 AM
in a cafe in town theres a sign on the till that says 'sorry for the inconvenience but we no longer EXCEPT vouchers printed in the local papers'
my boyfriend had to stop me from telling the staff cus i woulda sounded like a snob apparently. and these people ARE english!!

Rye
06-27-2005, 01:10 PM
When I go to my 99 cent store, I found Engrish on the little journals from Asia. :) I bought one and actually submitted it to Engrish.com, but it wasn't that funny. Maybe when I go again, I'll take some photos of more Engrish if I find it.

Social Moon Firesky
06-27-2005, 02:36 PM
xD

crazybayman
06-27-2005, 03:30 PM
Haha........a few years back a pita/wraps place opened up here in town, I think the owners may have been Jamaican, or some other Caribbean nationality. Anyways a sign in the restaurant in big bold letters read:

NO SOMKING

Brilliant.

Meat Puppet
06-27-2005, 03:58 PM
Isn't somking some big crime organisation over there?

Raistlin
06-27-2005, 04:43 PM
EDIT: For those who don't know, Meatloaf's song "Two out of Three Ain't Bad" was released in Japan as "66% Quite Good". Brilliance.
xD

Rye
06-27-2005, 04:49 PM

That's brilliant. xD

crazybayman
06-27-2005, 04:53 PM
Isn't somking some big crime organisation over there?

Not that I know of.......

However, as of this past weekend, somking is not permitted in bars here. Finally!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-27-2005, 04:58 PM
66% Quite Good99% Urban Legend