PDA

View Full Version : Changing Jobs

Doc Sark
06-27-2005, 04:30 PM
Is there much point in changing jobs before level 15 when you can start a support job. I've thought about it, but there doesn't appear to be any advantages as you don't get to keep the skills you've learned from your other job.

From what I can see it's better to wait for lv15, but I wanted to see what Lionx and the crew of experts think.

Duane3.0
06-27-2005, 06:01 PM
I do not know and am not an expert but, did you mean lvl 18? At lvl 18 you are allowed to get a subjob... i didnt think there was something special for lvl 15, but again i wouldnt really know.

Doc Sark
06-27-2005, 07:04 PM
Actually forget it. Delete this thread, close it, whatever, I totally misread the jobs section in the manual and am now clear.

Sorry.

lordblazer
06-27-2005, 07:07 PM
Is there much point in changing jobs before level 15 when you can start a support job. I've thought about it, but there doesn't appear to be any advantages as you don't get to keep the skills you've learned from your other job.

From what I can see it's better to wait for lv15, but I wanted to see what Lionx and the crew of experts think.
well the advantage of it is.Doing it at lvl 15 before you do support job quest will actually save you a lot of time for when you reach lvl 20 and are told to lvl that sub man its a real doosey.

Vaprice
06-27-2005, 10:09 PM
I've changed a lot of jobs a lot of time~ :P everyone knows about that.... but the good thing is getting crystals.....and another thing is raising your subjob

ex) BLM/WHM or WAR/MNK!

once you get a subjob it'll be a lot easier 'tanking' and or just being in a battle!

other than that you get a lot of attention with a large '?' over your head ^^ its great stuff!

Lionx
06-27-2005, 11:49 PM
Taking a job to 18 and maybe to 20 will help you alot. 18 is the minimum for a subjob however taking it to 20 and going ot Jeuno to get a Chocobo can help you go back to jeuno later on. Usually taking it to 18ish, getting a sj will help you lvl up faster on your sub and saving you even more time. ^^;

lordblazer
06-28-2005, 01:29 AM
man I did things so unorganised liek I made it to rank three with my first job at lvl 17 i had subjob at lvl 18a nd left valkrum to lvl sub then i went to jeuno (for the second tme the first time I was lvl 13 no point at all jsut wanted to see jeuno.)

Lionx
06-28-2005, 04:20 AM
Tee hee i started off with 10gil, did you?

lordblazer
06-28-2005, 01:03 PM
started out wil like I think well i traded in my adventure coupon when I was a newb lol.forgot how much its worth.

Ouch!
06-28-2005, 11:30 PM
'Tis worth 50 gil. So you can get 60 gil right away. Such a significant amount. >_>

Vaprice
06-29-2005, 02:08 AM
Note to self when being a new person in a game don't sell the crystals to a local pawn shop xD~~~~ 16 gil?!?!?!?! YESSSSS!

Whats this valkrum emperor hairpin this one dude gave to me?! Maybe I can sell it too!!!!

WHAT?!?! 200 gil?!?!?! YEEES!

lordblazer
06-29-2005, 02:25 AM
'Tis worth 50 gil. So you can get 60 gil right away. Such a significant amount. >_>
lol enough for a slightly better weapon when oyur a newb but pretty much the gil starts flowing whenever you start stacking(unless oyu just drop them like most newbies do and most poeple did as newbs.)

Duane3.0
06-30-2005, 05:26 AM
I am so happy i found this forum before i started :D. I can honestly say i didnt drop or sell my crystals to a pawn shop, and i didnt sell the beast seals :P.