PDA

View Full Version : Chrono Cross's length?

Wiegrahf42
06-27-2005, 05:22 PM
I was wondering how long CC is. I've already passed 15 hours which was how long it took me to complete trigger. Also, is disk 2 truncated like Xenogears, or just final dungeons. Or is it more of a "full" disk?

edczxcvbnm
06-27-2005, 07:13 PM
I would say disc 2 is more of a full disc. There are really only 2 dungons in it but the wealth of knowledge and story that is there makes it more like a full disc to me. It isn't like Xenogears though with endless story. It follows the same pace and path as the rest of the game.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-27-2005, 08:50 PM
It'd probably be better if it were slower-paced, really, considering how convoluted the plot gets from there on out.

edczxcvbnm
06-27-2005, 09:11 PM
I argue that it would not have helped because some of those things needed time to settle on in so putting more of that story earlier would have helped rather than pacing the whole 2nd disc slower.

Lilian
06-28-2005, 01:52 PM
Pacing the second disc slower would have spaced things out more, and given them more time to sink in. Same thing with Xenogears, to some extent.

But in answer to the original post, yes, Cross is a much longer game than Trigger. Trigger was a fairly short game, whereas Cross is more what I would consider a full-length RPG. I can't recall how long it took me to complete my first time through, but it was well over 15 hours.

Sefie1999AD
06-28-2005, 02:06 PM
Chrono Cross took me 35-40 hours to complete, which is about the same as most of the FFs. The 2nd disc is shorter than Disc 1 and feels quite rushed, especially with everything that happens after Terra Tower. It has some really nice and emotional events, though.