PDA

View Full Version : Weird game store

Erdrick Holmes
06-28-2005, 04:00 AM
A friend of mine told me about this game store that's about two cities away from me. I don't know how widespread it is but let me discribe it to you.
He said the name of the store was something along the lines of "mindgames" or something. You can buy or sell games there like many other game stores, but they have this offer that you can pick out a game and take it him with you for free, but the guys who work there give you a time period to either beat the game or set a record or something, and you have to bring the game back along with your memory card to prove you did that. If you sucseed they either let you keep the game for free or give you store credit for it, but if you don't you gotta pay for it whether you wanna keep it or not. I guess you sign some kind of contract with the store or something for legal reasons.

Anybody know about this?

-N-
06-28-2005, 04:22 AM
Why do I click on threads you start? :tongue:

Meat Puppet
06-28-2005, 04:26 AM
Why don't you just take the game and never go back?

kikimm
06-28-2005, 04:28 AM
Why don't you just take the game and never go back?

They obviously insert some sort of chip into your bloodstream to track you.

And I've never heard of a store like that. Hopefully that's because there's only one, and it will soon go out of business, because I think that's a very stupid idea.

:D

Erdrick Holmes
06-28-2005, 04:41 AM
I said you'd probably sign some contract with the store. If they don't get it back they can probably call the cops and get you fined for stealing.

BatChao
06-28-2005, 04:56 AM
Is this the same friend who said Namco X Capcom was at E3? Hmmm.... haha. I jest, I jest...

Anyway, this store sounds pretty awesome... what city is it in?

Erdrick Holmes
06-28-2005, 05:03 AM
He said it was in Davison or Fenton, Michigan.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-28-2005, 05:28 AM
There's this one shop where the games are real and there is no reset button.

KentaRawr!
06-28-2005, 02:23 PM
Interesting. But I bet they will soon go out of business.

Old Manus
06-28-2005, 03:54 PM
Shop guy: Okay, your challenge is to finish FF7 and revive Aeris by next week, otherwise you pay for the game.
Player: Easy!

Next week..

Player: WTF

KentaRawr!
06-28-2005, 04:18 PM
Use a code to get Aeris back. lol.