PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy X or X-2?

rikku_05
06-28-2005, 06:15 AM
Which do any of you peoples like better FFX or FFX-2??? :confused: I like FFX-2 the best because there's alot of action but that's just me. ;) I heard they have like some Final Fantasy "The last mission " is that true??? If so I wanna buy it!

Jpae33
06-28-2005, 06:28 AM
hey thats cool, i like ffx-2 better too. but just a little bit. and that "last mission," i think i saw in a magazine that its only in japan. too bad, i wouldve bought it too.

boys from the dwarf
06-28-2005, 07:18 AM
same here with the final mission although FFx-2 is the worst FF game ive ever played so i cant realy compare it to other so i like ten better.( i did like FFx-2 as a game though but not an FF.)

rikku_05
06-28-2005, 09:30 AM
really

liamo
06-28-2005, 12:25 PM
i think the last mission is like a different X-2 or an extension not sure anyway i would say X cause the story seemed better

final fanasty always
06-28-2005, 12:35 PM
i would go with ffx-2

Lilian
06-28-2005, 12:43 PM
The Last Mission is a short movie sort of thing that bridged the gap between FFX and FFX-2, and was added to FFX International, which is only available in Japan--if I have my facts straight, anyway. PlayStation Magazine released a demo disk shortly before FFX-2 came out that included Last Mission on it; I'm sure there's also places you could download it online, if you really want to see it. Having seen it, I really don't think it's anything special. It's more like a teaser for FFX-2 than anything else.

Anyway, to answer the question, I'd have to go with FFX-2. I actually liked FFX-2 quite a lot, despite the whole Charlie's Angels-esque corniness of it. It didn't take itself seriously, and was completely different from the rest of the series, but yet it was actually fun to play. (As long as you're not concerned with getting the elusive 100%, that is. Bah.) FFX, on the other hand, managed to be the only FF out of the ones I've played (VI through X-2) that I actually didn't like.

Christmas
06-28-2005, 01:29 PM
The Last Mission is a short movie sort of thing that bridged the gap between FFX and FFX-2, and was added to FFX International, which is only available in Japan--if I have my facts straight, anyway. PlayStation Magazine released a demo disk shortly before FFX-2 came out that included Last Mission on it; I'm sure there's also places you could download it online, if you really want to see it. Having seen it, I really don't think it's anything special. It's more like a teaser for FFX-2 than anything else.

Are you talking about the additional cutscene which is called "The Eternal Calm"? Last mission came along with FFX-2 international and have a unique gameplay system. You also get to view a special music video after you beat it.

liamo
06-28-2005, 01:59 PM
"The American version of Final Fantasy X-2 (which features a number of improvements over the original Japanese release) translated to Japanese, X2 International also includes an all-new mode known as "Last Mission". This additional feature allows gamers to play through dungeons without the use of items. Like the original game, the story follows Yuna and her two friends on a variety of quests. Final Fantasy X-2 abandons the story-driven format of its predecessors for a mission-based setup and adds a dose of Charlie's Angels style sex appeal to the mix. Released in Japan only."
eh quote from me favourite games site least when i works anyway

Lilian
06-28-2005, 02:06 PM
Are you talking about the additional cutscene which is called "The Eternal Calm"? Last mission came along with FFX-2 international and have a unique gameplay system. You also get to view a special music video after you beat it.

Oops...you're right, I got the names confused. My bad.

Rana
06-28-2005, 03:50 PM
I would say .... uh I can't chose because I like them the same amount.

boys from the dwarf
06-28-2005, 05:52 PM
FFx all the way.its not my favourite FF but its my favourite in this didcussion.

Hambone
06-29-2005, 07:10 AM
I like FFX because it's a bit more serious then X-2 and you can't summon aeons in X-2, which would've helped me out in some of the tougher boss fights.

Slade
06-29-2005, 07:18 AM
X was better for me. More captivating. X-2 was ok but probably my least favorite final fantasy

Angel_from_hell
06-29-2005, 05:47 PM
I think FF X-2 Is much better than FFX

Wuggly Blight
06-29-2005, 05:51 PM
Neither, there both horendusly naff.

CaptRory
06-29-2005, 06:47 PM
It is a conundrum. The games are very different from eachother, yet X-2 is still an extension of X. It is like comparing Apples to Oranges, only to have it revealed that they were produced by the same tree.

In my opinion both games were quite good. FFX had a great story and setup a sequel quite well while FFX-2 continued and concluded the tale that X began so masterfully.

Aphelion
06-29-2005, 06:56 PM
Final Fantasy X all the way! X-2 is too fashion, a little...weird for the FF pattern...X features a touching story and a great battle system, so...X!