PDA

View Full Version : Ending

Azotar
06-28-2005, 07:40 PM
Did you like the ending or not.

I didnt, i preffered if he had died,, lol

It would be better, like in FFIX

and u? :confused:

That should fix the problem right? Sorry about the confusion, i didnt know what i was doing when i did it... sorry for the trouble.

Mirage
06-28-2005, 07:43 PM
I'm assuming you're talking about Kuja. He did die. What?

Azotar
06-28-2005, 07:45 PM
U assumed wrong, am talking about The monkey boy...

Doomie
06-28-2005, 07:50 PM
U assumed wrong, am talking about The monkey boy...

You mean the monkey boy in your avatar?

Azotar
06-28-2005, 07:51 PM
Yep, thats the one.. lol

He's my favorite character of FF9

but i still want him to die

weird huh?

Dreddz
06-28-2005, 09:13 PM
I thought FFIX had one of the best endings

Azotar
06-28-2005, 09:25 PM
well if thats what you think then thats what it is for you, its your choice. you dont need to change your personal opinios just cause Azo here doenst like it.

ali b
06-28-2005, 09:53 PM
I liked the ending as well. I thought at first that he had died, and I was gutted. But then he came back. :)

XxSephirothxX
06-29-2005, 12:30 AM
Who are you referring to that died in FFVII?

Lon611
06-29-2005, 12:42 AM
del, i love the new name and sig :D

and FFIX was the first FF that i beat, so i thot the whole game was fantastic, especially the ending. what got me wasn't finding out vivi had kids (don't thin'k that needed spoilers, almost as common knowledge as aeris dying), but when eiko calls cid "father" or "dad". (forgot which one). *tear*. that was a great moment.

also, i liked how they incorporated the games FMV's into the credits. it helped relive the game, while tying(sp?) it into the whole "memories" them. all in all, i loved the ending :D.

XxSephirothxX
06-29-2005, 12:45 AM
Del Mordor and Del Murder are different people. :D

Lon611
06-29-2005, 12:47 AM
Del Mordor and Del Murder are different people. :D

really?!holy cow. i guess im not part of that 2% *drumroll*:rolleyes2

XxSephirothxX
06-29-2005, 12:55 AM
Couldn't tell it by your shoes.

BTW, I played FFIX first, and I loved it. By far my favorite in the series. The ending was very good.

Mirage
06-29-2005, 12:57 AM

It would be better, like in FFVII

...right.
The bad guy died in FF7, the bad guy died in FF9.
The good guy survived in FF7, the good guy survived in FF9.
Now explain.

Doomie
06-29-2005, 01:07 AM

...right.
Now explain.

Perhaps he means Aeris.

Lon611
06-29-2005, 01:08 AM
...right.
Now explain.

one could make an argument that the bad guy in ffvii survives. but that would involve AC, and if we're only talking about the game itself, then yes, he does die.

Mirage
06-29-2005, 02:02 AM

...right.
Now explain.

Perhaps he means Aeris.
Then he must be talking about Garnet dying.

Medi
06-29-2005, 02:02 AM
I absolutely love the ending for FFIX. Of all the game endings I've seen, it's my favorite. It comes in 2nd for my favorite ending of anything (movies, games, etc.)
I would say the movie that has my favorite ending, but I am the only person in the world who likes the movie so I won't say.

Slade
06-29-2005, 07:11 AM
I love IX's ending. Second only to VIII's ending. And no i dont want Zidane dead, it was great that he was still alive. I wish Kuja was still alive tho and he attended the play at the end...oh well

kawaiileena
06-29-2005, 10:50 AM
The ending wasn't all that bad. I actually thought it was soo sweet and beautiful, one of my favorite FF ending ever! :love:

percymort
06-29-2005, 11:29 AM
The ending was ok i think.......it was a bit corny but it was ok....

vixen black
06-29-2005, 02:33 PM
Yep, thats the one.. lol

He's my favorite character of FF9

but i still want him to die

weird huh?
if he is your fave charecter then why dont you remember his name is
Z I D A N E. you call yourself a FF9 fan. HA! even my 3year old sister knows his name! and as for the ending..............did you realy want a bad ending like in FFX ?

Medi
06-29-2005, 02:59 PM
A question I meant to ask earlier was: Does anyone have any idea of how Zidane got out of the Iifa Tree, because I want to know.

Craig
06-29-2005, 03:24 PM
I liked the ending the way it was, but it's quite normal to want Zidane to die.

When people supposedly die, it takes away alot of impact if they come back to life/survive.

Just as Aeris' death, one of the most famous things in Final Fantasy, would mean nothing to anybody if she got revived.

DMKA
06-29-2005, 04:33 PM
I thought it was perfect, because it led you to believe one thing, but then completely and unpredictably switched it around in such a manner that it's one of the most emotionally moving scenes in any game that I've seen.

boys from the dwarf
06-29-2005, 05:07 PM
i didnt want him to die.(yes the monkey boy in your avatar.)
but it is also i bit strange and corny but its also funny like when vivi has kids and its a whole army of vivis.but i still can hardky understand how he is revived.

OwneD
06-29-2005, 07:52 PM
I liked it. Kuja died, 1 is enough. But sad enough, cuz Kuja was cool
And he isn't a monkey :p

boys from the dwarf
06-29-2005, 09:25 PM
i kidn of hoped kuja would survive because he turned good at the end but kuja is a genome just like zidane and he also has a tail as garland explains to you he just hides it but when he turns into trance kuja you can see his tail.

Vaprice
06-30-2005, 03:09 AM
It was the perfect ending to a game with that kind of roamnce in it. Zidane *that monkey boy you were talking about* comes back after a few years and embraces the QUEEEN! and vivi has little black mages~ Freya still looks like a pimp and amarant still needs a bath, a good shaving, and a good waxing ^^

But for something with such romance at the very end, you can just feel that it was the right moment to have him come back and make it a happy ending :love:

boys from the dwarf
06-30-2005, 07:16 AM
yes.

liamo
06-30-2005, 09:11 AM
if kuja cam back at the end at the play that woulda been stupid i mean who would he have run at him with love everyone else would be going for him trying to distroy the world with pitch forks and swords come to think iof it i wanna see that

Azotar
06-30-2005, 05:47 PM
lol,, sorry about the problem guys ,, i fixed it though,, lol

I laughed though i have to admit,,i laughed at u guys wondering.. lol

But sory .. lol lo siento.

Atually they should make a FFIX-2 where Kuja comes back,, it would be much better and daring.. and then Zid and his friends come to Adventuring once again,, lol

Wasn't that nice?

Lon611
06-30-2005, 07:40 PM
HA! even my 3year old sister knows his name! and as for the ending..............did you realy want a bad ending like in FFX ?

my 10 year old brother and friend (16) refer to both Zidane and FFIX as the "one with the monkey tail" :p

A question I meant to ask earlier was: Does anyone have any idea of how Zidane got out of the Iifa Tree, because I want to know.

by clicking his shoes and wishing for no place like home :D
haha, im jp. most likely the same we he came out. or the crew went back to save him.

TurkSlayer
06-30-2005, 08:35 PM
If I had to choose who would live, Zidane or Kuja, I wouldn't even have to thing about it. Zidanes okay, but Kuja rules all. So, yeah, Kuja's death is the only thing about the ending that I would have changed. I don't care what happens to Zidane.

Azotar
07-01-2005, 08:59 AM
If I had to choose who would live, Zidane or Kuja, I wouldn't even have to thing about it. Zidanes okay, but Kuja rules all. So, yeah, Kuja's death is the only thing about the ending that I would have changed. I don't care what happens to Zidane.

People!!! Why does everybody hate Zidane...

you dont really hate him,,, you want to hate him!!

Dont lie to yourself
ight?

liamo
07-01-2005, 09:18 AM
who said we hate him besides the fact that he is a smug little monkey git that thinks he is gods gift to the world with an annoying smirk i like the fella

Azotar
07-01-2005, 09:24 AM
Well,, i dont mean everyone.. i mean those... u know.. they always saying they hate him and they dont.

He's just a monkey,, what do ya expect\?

TurkSlayer
07-01-2005, 06:21 PM
I don't hate him, I just didn't care if he lived or died. The only character's whose lives I really cared about were Quina and Kuja. Though I cared a lot about Vivi, Garnet, and Marcus, too.

Crossblades
07-01-2005, 06:59 PM
I thought the ending was cool

AerisIsMyGod
07-02-2005, 11:53 AM
I think that FFIX had one of the lamest and "gayest" ending of the ones I've completed.

It's too fucking cheery and happy go lucky.

I think the Iifa should've blown up and destroyed the whole useless planet

Del Murder
07-03-2005, 12:03 AM
I think this ending was awesome. Zidane going after Kuja was a nice touch, and the play at the end was predictable but still great.