PDA

View Full Version : MP3 questions

disapointedchild
06-28-2005, 08:41 PM
Ok, this question came up because my uncle gave my mom a cd, that would only play on something thats plays mp3's. And i wondered why he would do that, instead of just putting it into a format that can be played by all devices.

I have all mp3's that i have downloaded, but I always burn them onto a cd so they can be played anywhere.

So as I said before, why would you put it in this format, and how do you do it?

Shoeberto
06-28-2005, 09:01 PM
There are devices out there that support MP3 playback off of CDs. This way, you can load many more songs on to a single disc. (audio CD can only hold 80 minutes of audio, a data CD can hold 700mb of data, which is a lot more)

Some more recent CD players have the capability of playing them back, but it never really took off as a popular format.

In order to make one, you have to burn a data CD with a bunch of special settings. Nero 6 and I'd imagine recent versions of Easy CD Creator have built-in ways of doing it without messing with configuration settings, but for older versions you'll have to check the documentation.

Samuraid
06-28-2005, 09:47 PM
In order to make one, you have to burn a data CD with a bunch of special settings. Nero 6 and I'd imagine recent versions of Easy CD Creator have built-in ways of doing it without messing with configuration settings, but for older versions you'll have to check the documentation.

Many of the newer MP3-capable CD players don't even require special disc formats...just a standard data CD with MP3 files on it.

rubah
06-28-2005, 09:55 PM
mp3 cds= good, because you carry two or three cds around instead of twenty, get the filename displayed, and don't have to worry about reripping them if you need to use as backup.