PDA

View Full Version : xenosaga.

Lon611
06-29-2005, 12:24 AM
k, finally got around to playing this once summer commenced(?), and i was just wondering how many of you have embraced this masterpiece, and what u thot, among the other questions i have.

like whats going on with commander cherenkov(?). rite now im at the cathedral ship, after the commander's started to act....sick.

also, whats the miltian war about?ne details?

oh, and i kno this would spoil things, but in episode II, in the trailer the realians retaliate. how is this possible if they're not allowed to be hostile?

i understand taht its only episode I of VI, so im not looking for all the awnsers. ty :D

SomethingBig
06-29-2005, 02:08 AM
It was okay. It was great in the beginning, then slowed down, then really picked up into a great climax at the end.

All of your questions will pretty much be answered by the end.

Erdrick Holmes
06-29-2005, 02:35 AM
This game is good, but Namco was trying to hard when they wrote the storyline. Too much stuff going on at once.

Teek
06-29-2005, 02:56 AM
This game is good, but Namco was trying to hard when they wrote the storyline. Too much stuff going on at once.I agree. I hope that future installments won't be so confusing.

edczxcvbnm
06-29-2005, 05:07 AM
I like the game but I thought it was a bit short when compared to other RPGs. I really like the cinematic style they went with but I also wish that it was more old school with just text so that they could have spent more time and resources on the story.

Lon611
06-29-2005, 06:33 AM
how come no1 considers this game linear?i mean, the linearity of both ffx and this game don't bother me, but like ffx, this is very plot driven.

Lord Chainsaw
06-29-2005, 07:38 AM
I love Xenosaga I and II. Although the battle system could use a bit of work (hell it could use a lot of work), the plot is excellent. I don't usually say this, but I actually don't mind the puzzles in this particular gaming series.

http://namco-ch.net/xenosaga2/chrs/img/wilhelm_04.jpg

And this dude has slowly grown on me and become my favorite character in the series.

RedCydranth
06-29-2005, 04:08 PM
You're on the Cathedral Ship? okay, soon, very soon you'll know whats Cherenkov's deal.

Obviously the storyline will unravelitself to show what happens with the realians.

The Miltian Conflict, if I'm not mistaken, was a mistake made where Realians attacked people due to a glitch in their programming or something. Its been a while since I played Xenosaga I.

Enjoy the game because its not as long as other RPGs, but it makes up for it by having a highly elaborate story and a team of very lovable characters. If I may offer this advice, USE KOS-MOS!!!! Use her and abuse her power. Same with Jr. and chaos. Ziggy MOMO and Shion are good too, but I feel KOS-MOS, Jr. and chaos were the best 3 to use. I can't wait to sink my teeth into Xeno II.

Lon611
07-06-2005, 08:13 PM
k, can some1 help me with the battle system?im at the second time u go into the Encephalon(?), old miltia...

neways, i've made it this far without really having a good understanding of the battle system, and now i find that its catching up. every encounter in the encephalon i have to use an escape pack, or hope taht the monsters are weak. shud i just level up?or is there more to it than that?i already set a couple of my tech attacks, and i kno how to evolve ethers....

thanks
~Lon~

Tanwen Strife
07-06-2005, 09:32 PM
Was this game released in the UK? I've been looking for it for a while, and can't find it anywhere, so am I chasing the golden goose?

Destai
07-08-2005, 04:55 PM
Was this game released in the UK? I've been looking for it for a while, and can't find it anywhere, so am I chasing the golden goose?No all of the xeno games were never released in Europe but the recent release of Tekken 5 in Europe had a small booklet of future namco rleases and Xenosaga II was one of them. I havent had this confirmed yet but a release for episode II is looking likely.

Shoeberto
07-08-2005, 06:48 PM
The story was all that kept me going. There was a good degree of customization in the characters, but gameplay was so boooring. All of the maps had the same camera perspective and instead of music you just had repetitive environment sounds, like an engine humming on a ship. And the battle theme sucked.

But damn, the story was good. Cool characters, too.

GooeyToast
07-08-2005, 07:53 PM
I bought Episode 1 awhile ago, but i haven't got around 2 playing it yet.

Maybe after i beat all my other rpgs.