PDA

View Full Version : question (s)

Yellow
06-29-2005, 01:18 AM
I just got the game and just read the manual. I plan on starting the game after I beat FF7 so this is why I'm gonna ask you this and not go find out for myself. In the manual, it said that once someone dies and the counter thing goes away, they are permanently gone. Is this true? So if I bust my ass to get someone all nice and cool, they die, I dont revive them in time, they are forever gone?! Also, how does the counter work, does he go away after 3 turns that followed his death or 3 turns that he would've had if he was still alive? If I do lose people, is it really that bad or is it just a bump in the road?

hmn more questions.

To finish the game, 100% completion, without rushing, how many hours am I looking at?

I heard you can get cloud in this game, is he sucky/mediocre/ownage?

Behold the Void
06-29-2005, 01:31 AM
All right, I'll take them point by point.

1) If a character's counter is at 0 and hasn't been revived, they will turn into a spirit crystal or a treasure chest. That means that they have died, and you will not be able to revive them. They are gone forever. It depends on your play style as to whether or not this is a devestating loss or not. Some of the special characters dying can be really bad.

2) It depends on how you level up. I'd say somewhere around 20-30 hours is my estimate.

3) If you keep Mustadio in your party you can indeed get Cloud. He begins at level 1, and by this point in the game most of your characters are probably at least around level 40 or 50. However, many of his moves are quite powerful, and I feel he is quite worth the time spent leveling him up.

Acturos
06-29-2005, 01:37 AM
Oh, and a side not to Clouds usage, his CT time takes forever, even with short charge, so it might be a lil' aggrivating to level him up.

Behold the Void
06-29-2005, 03:37 AM
With Short Charge equipped only Omnislash and Cherry Blossom have that much difficulty. Finish Touch is probably his best Limit Break, it's quick and effective.

Yellow
06-29-2005, 04:56 AM
For the counter to reach 0, what makes it go down? Minutes, turns that character would have had if he was still alive, ally turns, etc.

Khimbar2775
06-29-2005, 05:13 AM
what WOULD be that characters turn causes it decrese. So if for some reason yuo had a character with say 60 speed ans everyone else had 10 speed and for SOME reason, that really fast guy dies, hes definately gonna get more than three turns than everyone else gets one, so he goes bye bye forever.

Behold the Void
06-29-2005, 07:32 AM
One of the reasons why you don't want Ramza to die if he's been Yelling or Screaming himself up.

Of course if you manage to die with a character who's routinely taking 3 or 4 turns consecutively, you really, REALLY suck.

Yellow
06-29-2005, 04:04 PM
damnit why do I think im gonna have to restart, load and fight some guy over and over........ well anyways, thanks

oh wait, is there an ultima/omega weapon in the game? or like some sidequest super boss?

Please don't double-post, use the edit/delete button instead.

~Void

Behold the Void
06-29-2005, 11:24 PM
There is a secret boss at the bottom of the Deep Dungeon, you can learn the summon spell "Zodiac" from him. Also, the strongest weapons are found within the Deep Dungeon.

RedCydranth
06-30-2005, 01:36 AM
Okay, I see once again I am too late and fellow master BTV took care of you.

If you are careful you shouldn't have anyone ever crystallize. To make sure of this, make sure you always have a chemist (who can use phoenix downs) or a Priest (who knows Raise) or a Monk (who knows Revive) on hand, or someone with those skillsets equipped (Knight with back up Item or Archer with Punch Art, or Black Mage with White magic)

It is true you can get Cloud, but he's not the behemoth he was in VII. He's still good, but your powerhouses are Ramza, Agrias and of course, Orlandu. (You'll get them all, don't worry)

20-30 is a bit off. If you want to get Cloud, level up decent and do all the stuff there has to be done, I'd sey 35 hours minimum, this includes all the leveling up as well. If you want to master the game (have every character learn every ability possible, all characters 99) You got 70 or so hours looking at you.

This game does have some fun sidequests, but there isn't anything nearly as challenging as Ruby or Emerald weapon. Most people will claim that this is one of the simpler FF games, and they are right, but the fact is its one of the funnest and that more than makes up for the lack of difficulty, but this game can and will be difficult if you make it so (by not powering up).

Enjoy this game and if you've got questions, we've got answers... Pep Boys..er... FFT boys. LOL

darkblade117
07-01-2005, 08:18 AM
yeah! ask us anything, we're the fft godz!

BG-57
07-01-2005, 05:56 PM
Or at least the Daravon Mimickers. :sleepy:

Yellow
07-02-2005, 05:52 PM
is the strategy guide worth getting? Not for the strategies, but like hidden/secret stuff.

Wiegrahf42
07-02-2005, 06:35 PM
He's still good, but your powerhouses are Ramza, Agrias and of course, Orlandu. (You'll get them all, don't worry)

Don't forget Beowulf or Reis! Generally I disdain buying guides since the internet has better information for free. I think the FFT guide is out of print anyway.

BG-57
07-03-2005, 01:00 PM
The guide is pretty thorough, but there are some minor mistakes in it:

Some of the Move-Find data in Deep Dungeon are mixed up.

Some of the rewards listed for propositions are wrong.

Delacroix
07-03-2005, 05:29 PM
In my opinion, the strongest ally you get is Mustadio through the entire game. With the ability to fire at his opponents at distances with Don't Move, Don't Act and Seal evil is crucial in some battles if you are in a tight squeeze. Another character most people do not like to use, but is one of my favorites is Beowulf. Looks awesome, and like an Oracle.

darkblade117
07-04-2005, 07:27 AM
strongest, by far... is orlandu, hands down... and i think most people will agree, although i don't use him a lot because it just makes the game too easy.

Vod
07-19-2005, 10:42 PM
yeah I can agree with that, Orlandu and Byblos in my opinion make the game super easy, in fact I used only them and ramza to fight the final boss and it was easier then ever (except once when I used Master Squire Ramza, Orlandu, Melodiuol (or however it's spelt) and Agrias all mastered) but yeah, I wouldn't buy the guide, after all the masters of everything FFT is right here in this chatroom, we practically wrote the germonik scriptures (please say I spelt that right)

Behold the Void
07-19-2005, 10:48 PM
Beowulf's Petrify generally is a pretty good attack, as is Cloud's Finish Touch, making them both worthwhile characters. Orlandu's power is still supreme, however.

eestlinc
07-20-2005, 03:06 AM
it's important to save after every battle so that if an important character is lost you can reset. But also alternate in two or three save slots so you don't get stuck at a battle you can't possibly win. If that happens you have to start all over.

Russ80
08-14-2005, 03:19 AM
yea, there are a lot of sequences where you get stuck doing several battels at once without a chance to level! If you can't do the last one (or any past the first for that matter) and you've saved over all your previous saves that date before the sequence, GG.

I find that it will probably take 70 hours to beat it normally! I've spent about 6-8 hours on this game for the past, um, three days, and I'm only nearing the end of chapter three. And this is my second time through the first three chapters, the first I spent a lot more time leveling (I almost never fight random battles this time around). In fact, I spent about 17 months gametime (one day a step) on it the first time, but only like 7 this time.

So your first time through will take a LONG time.

and while we're asking random FFT questions... does your birthday mean anything? Can you make the game do something special on the birthday you choose?

Despotus
08-14-2005, 06:49 AM
and while we're asking random FFT questions... does your birthday mean anything? Can you make the game do something special on the birthday you choose?
Nothing special happens on Ramza's birthday. :( It's just there to determine your zodiac sign and the resulting compatability with other characters.

And as for Yellow's original question about the time you'll take to finish the game with 100% completion: It takes a damn long time. To truly get 100% completion you must go on all of the propositions and become a master adventurer and master treasure hunter. You must also poach a helluva lot of monsters with 'Secret Hunt' in order to get items which aren't for sale in ordinary shops. You have to take the time to get the good items hidden in the Deep dungeon, Nelveska temple, and Germinas peak. (It takes time if you have to reset once in a while because you unearthed a Phoenix down or potion.) Complete all the sidequests to get Beowulf, Reis, Cloud, Worker 8, and Byblos. At least 100 hrs. :love: