PDA

View Full Version : Klepto-Poacher's Anonymous

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-29-2005, 07:35 AM
My name is Behold the Void and I am a Klepto-Poacher. I always seem to feel that enemies aren't worth killing until they've been stripped of all their worldly possessions and that monsters make good accessories.

Do you have any little quirks about how you play the game? Do you powerlevel on the first fight? Do you raise Brave and Faith to insanely high levels on all of your characters? Do you spend hours playing through using only the Calculator class? I want to hear about the strange things you do while playing Final Fantasy Tactics.

-N-
06-29-2005, 08:09 AM
I try and make challenges for myself. My next one will be:

1. Can't buy anything.
2. Maybe some other rules.

My last one was:
1. One monster ally per fight.
2. No redundant jobs/abilities (i.e. exactly one Thief, one person with Throw, etc.)
3. No battles other than story or unavoidable-random. (i.e. no extra leveling)
4. No damage dealt other than through weapons.

Other than that, I'm not especially weird, although I do try to do everything while playing through, even on the challenges, like steal all the Genji, do the Deep Dungeon, get the secret characters, etc.

BG-57
06-29-2005, 02:14 PM
Hello, my name is BG-57 and I'm a Klepto-Poacher.

My obsession has been to play a perfect game. By that I mean getting at least one of every weapon, armor, item, and acccessory. Also leveling all of my characters up to level 99, with every job mastered (including Zodiac). Arguably a resonable goal.

But I also wanted to win every rare item and undiscovered land from the propositions, which led me on a quest to determine the exact rewards of each and every proposition (most guidebooks and online FAQs have one or two inaccuracies about rewards). With Despotus' help I published a definitive proposition list which will (eventually) be added to the EoFF Tactics site. :)

As for quirks I like the named generics Rad, Lavian and Alicia for some reason. When I get my initial units at the beginning of chapter 1, I recruit new ones and name them Rad, Alicia, Lavian and Lezales, then I dismiss the initial recruits. By the time I get the 'real' named generics in chapter 2, my named generics are more powerful. As a result I dismiss the generics the game gives me, but keep the names. Of course I dismiss them when I get a large roster and I am monster breeding, but when I'm done I end up with two Tiamats and recruit two more generics to fill up the last two slots. Naturally you can guess what I name them. ;)

RedCydranth
06-30-2005, 01:45 AM
My obsession has been to play a perfect game. By that I mean getting at least one of every weapon, armor, item, and acccessory. Also leveling all of my characters up to level 99, with every job mastered (including Zodiac). Arguably a resonable goal.

Done.

Quirks? Um.. not let anyone on my side even die the entire game. And that is pretty easy.

TurkSlayer
06-30-2005, 04:29 PM
Hello, I'm TurkSlayer, and I have a desperate need to create a Mediators with in the first twenty minutes of gameplay and then invite every generic character I meet into my party. I LOVE GENERICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgot to mention, I can't let characters die, and I liked Golgros, so I always have a generic named Gologros.

BG-57
06-30-2005, 09:57 PM
Hello, I'm TurkSlayer, and I have a desperate need to create a Moderator with in the first twenty minutes of gameplay and then invite every generic character I meet into my party. I LOVE GENERICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I agree about the generics, but aren't they called Mediators? :confused:

Alexander
06-30-2005, 10:59 PM
Hello, i'm Alexander, and I make Ramza a Mime in Chapter 1. XD

Plus, the party is he himself plus 4 Goblins. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

TurkSlayer
07-01-2005, 02:45 AM
Hello, I'm TurkSlayer, and I have a desperate need to create a Moderator with in the first twenty minutes of gameplay and then invite every generic character I meet into my party. I LOVE GENERICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I agree about the generics, but aren't they called Mediators? :confused:

AHH! Sorry, your right. Heh. Typo.

Wiegrahf42
07-02-2005, 06:38 PM
I like chemists over White mages. Not that odd sorry.

Madonna
07-02-2005, 10:50 PM
Hi, I'm Lynx. All my characters have 14 Faith and 94 Bravery.

That's about it for quirks. I fight on Barius Hill religiously, I suppose.

RedCydranth
07-03-2005, 06:50 AM
Hi, I'm Lynx. All my characters have 14 Faith and 94 Bravery.

That's about it for quirks. I fight on Barius Hill religiously, I suppose.

I hope you don't like Move-Find item...

Delacroix
07-03-2005, 05:24 PM
Hola, I am Delacroix. I do not advance to the next Class until I get to Level 8, and Master the Class. I also do not play with the Main Characters, delete all my starting guys, and buy new Soldiers with names I choose. Other than that, there really isn't much else to the game after beating it 200+ times.

Del Murder
07-03-2005, 05:30 PM
I am a Klepto-Poacher. I also need to have one of every item.

Vod
07-19-2005, 03:08 AM
Hello my name is Vod and i'm a thrill seeker, every game i've played I have made diffucult goals for myself, always anxious to set new goals and conquer new things. I'll make a list of all the goals i've done, each goal represents a game that I have beaten with the goals. if it has a ~ next to it that means I still beat the game, but failed the goal

1)No Party Members turn into crystals
2)No Enemies turn into crystals~ (not counting Gafgarion)
3)Collect all Items
4)Use only Monsters
5)Use only Special Characters
6)Use only Special Monsters (This one was by far the hardest one, I go into more detail in the use only monsters thread)
7)Use Only Ramza and have mastered every job by the end of the game~
8)Poach and/or steal in every battle I go into
9)Use only Mimes~ (I got to tired of making everyone a mime)
10)Collect one of every monster including special ones
11)No party members die at all
12)Use only Thieves to get every item in the game~
13)Start a new team every chapter
14)Use only Chemists and Mediators (Guns Galore)
15)Defeat Each Zodiac Monster before it gets a chance to attack

ok thats probably boring enough, feel free to try any of those, all of them are great fun...except the mime one, that was annoying...