PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie Profile and Suikoden II

nik0tine
06-29-2005, 07:43 AM
Does anyone know where I may be able to find Valkyrie Profile and/or Suikoden II for a reasonable price? I want. (But not enough to pay 100 bucks for it. :p)

black orb
06-29-2005, 08:06 AM
>>> You want 2 of the greatest Playstation RPGs for a reasonable price??
Well, the only way is to buy a burned copy or something.. But original rare games for cheap, I dont think so.

Anyways, if you are very lucky (like myself), you can find the original/used games on a Flea Market or some random Garage Sale.. :D

nik0tine
06-29-2005, 08:15 AM
Are either of them worth 100 dollars?

Yuffie514
06-29-2005, 08:18 AM
shop cheap > any stores that sell used games. much better than getting them after they're like 5 years old. bought many a decent games as low as $12 in GameCrazy (little store that is always next to Hollywood Videos). you can try what black orb said too. won't work much for me since me modchip is lost! who knows where teh used game has gone thru tho? well, can't think of a worst enough way to sabotage a game than someone's order.

nik0tine
06-29-2005, 08:21 AM
Wait, yuffie, I'm confused. Is shop cheap an actual store?

black orb
06-29-2005, 08:27 AM
Are either of them worth 100 dollars?
>>> Yes they are..
just make sure they arent damaged or something..
In each of these games you can get like 3 different endings (Valkyrie Profile`s hidden/perfect ending is awesome), and they have a decent difficulty level, so you wont get bored easily..

nik0tine
06-29-2005, 08:38 AM
How are they, story wise?

black orb
06-29-2005, 08:52 AM
>>> Perfect, both games are also very fun.. Valkyrie Profile views on Norse Mythology are incredible and unique. If you are a fan of Norse Mythology you must buy that game..

As for Suikoden, I think you should play Suikoden 1 first.. Anyways S1 and 2 are very similar and connected to each other, you also can load Suikoden 1 saved data on the Suikoden 2 game and .... Not going to tell you.
The same goes for Suikoden 3 you can load Suikoden 2 data, and if the Suikoden 2 data already had the previous Suikoden 1 data you can discover an unique thing on Suikoden 3. :D

nik0tine
06-29-2005, 09:16 AM
Man, I want these games more and more as time progresses.

RedCydranth
06-29-2005, 04:01 PM
Yeah, good luck getting them.

Shop Cheap isn't a store as far as I know, yuffie was handing thaty out as advice, not as a store. the store in mention was Game Crazy, they tend to sell a lot of games, but in my experience the people who work there are the kind of people who know how priceless some of these games are, and never sell them to customers, but instead buy them the minute they can so they can sell them on e-bay later. I know a few people who do that, they work there and buy all the rarest games that enter and sell them on e-bay. From Suiko IIs alone they have made over $500, I think he had 6 copies. Not bad considering he paid $20 dollars each.

Anyhow, another thing places do that is horrendous is they keep only the CDs and game manuals and they throw away the cases. For a die hard RPG lover and collector like myself, it will be the difference of buying a game or not.

Suikoden II is brilliant. I love that game more than 95% of all the other games I have ever played. Only FFT and Shining Force I and II are higher on my favorites list. The story is great, the hero and main characters are great and everything is wonderfully done. III was great too, but didn't live up to expectations. IV was a bomb. I and II were great because of the numerous reoccurring characters in both and the flowing storylines.

Black Mage
06-29-2005, 10:14 PM
Both games are amazing, for reasons already mentioned. Especially Valkyrie Profile.

I caught both of mine on Ebay, paying something like 50 dollars for Valkyrie Profile (Complete) and 60 for Suikoden II (Complete).

I'd say I got rather good deals on those games, but I would definitely buy from a trusted seller on ebay. That's usually the only "easy" way to get them. (Aside from burning, but we won't get into that)

Yuffie514
06-30-2005, 01:19 AM
Wait, yuffie, I'm confused. Is shop cheap an actual store?

i wish :p . no, GameCrazy (next door to Hollywood Videos). HV is in America tho, but i think u live in America, so you got it good. i mostly go to GameCrazy for some used games. swapmeet may work better but i've never bought a game there. then there's also The Wherehouse. cheap too.

others - GameStop, Electronic Boutiques/EB (most in malls).

good luck on yer search.

My name is...something..?
06-30-2005, 01:20 AM
I got Suikoden 2 at Gamestop for fifty a few months ago, the store manager saw that I was bying it and gave me Suikoden 1 with it for free because he thought 50 dollars for one playstation game was ridiculous. I was happy for weeks.

As for Valkyrie Profile...good luck. I had to buy it off my friend to get it.

Yuffie514
06-30-2005, 01:31 AM
i see VP at some stores all the time :confused: , waiting for someone to buy it. i never tried it, but i won't buy it before ya ;) . really try shopping around game stores first. don't rip urself off.

The Man
06-30-2005, 02:35 AM
I got the first two Suikoden games paired together on eBay for $64. Granted, that was without the original packaging, but I managed.

I'd recommend you spend a couple weeks seeing what you can find on eBay. Occasionally, you'll get a bargain.

beaglegod
07-08-2005, 09:56 AM
Im also in the search for several hard to find RPGs including VP and Suikoden 1&2 as you mentioned. I think as soon as Ive convinced myself I dont need them and life will go on, than Ill find a copy at a good price! :tongue:

GooeyToast
07-08-2005, 10:38 AM
Me too.

Sucks that i just now think of getting em.

Craig
07-08-2005, 11:15 AM
Suikoden also has 108 playable characters.

GooeyToast
07-08-2005, 11:22 AM
Sweet

Markus. D
07-08-2005, 11:16 PM
Suikudon (im sure i keep spelling it wrong) II has battle graphics sorta like disgaea, very fun gameplay and a nice story. :)

Tama2
07-08-2005, 11:21 PM
I got my VP for about 20-30 buckaroos at GameCrazy. Mwahahahaha. That game rocks. I still can't beileve my friends thrashed their Suikoden II disk. They didn't know it was a rare gem of a game.