PDA

View Full Version : Sephiroth VS Seifer

Rafael620
06-29-2005, 01:44 PM
Ok anyone who just entered this forum is about 2 cool villains but who do you think will win in a duel Sephiroth from ff7 or seifer from ff8 who will be the best villin you decide by the way you can take the topic to other related characters anytime :)

Loony BoB
06-29-2005, 01:45 PM
As a villain, Sephiroth was far superior in every way.

Rafael620
06-29-2005, 01:47 PM
yeah i agree with you i hope sephiroth wins in this forum plus i love the long hair and masamune

EDIT: Don't double post, people will answer in time. -Murder

Skyblade
06-29-2005, 02:19 PM
It's no contest. This is like asking who would win in a battle between Sephiroth and Rufus or Reno. Seifer is just a small time rival. He can't play in the big leagues, and Sephiroth would cream him.

Devourment
06-29-2005, 02:54 PM
Sephiroth wins hands down. It is obvious. Sephiroth is more evil & heartless. Where as Seifer just wants to do what he is commanded to do Sephiroth acts accordingly to what he thinks & is not a 'puppet' like Seifer is because he wants to destroy the World, where as Seifer is just accompanying[sp?] someone who wants to destroy the World.

Don't know if that made much sense :greenie: Anyway, Kefka wins over both.

crazybayman
06-29-2005, 03:10 PM
Sephiroth. Hands down.

Seifer is a cool villian and all, and I do prefer FFVIII, but he's a joke compared to Sephiroth. Like someone just said, Seifer is just the sorceress' puppet, while Sephiroth is the ultimate enemy, as he is hell bent on destroying the world, and almost succeeds.

Compared to Sephiroth, Seifer's just a Chicken-Wuss. :p (I can't believe I just used that lame insult).

Sephiroth would slash him to bits in just a few hits.

Craig
06-29-2005, 03:12 PM
I don't know, Cloud is stronger than Sephiroth, I'd say Squall and Cloud are probably about the same, and isn't Seifer almost as strong, if not as strong as Squall?

crazybayman
06-29-2005, 03:22 PM
I don't know, Cloud is stronger than Sephiroth, I'd say Squall and Cloud are probably about the same, and isn't Seifer almost as strong, if not as strong as Squall?
Nope.

Everytime I fight Seifer (as Squall) I completely annihilate him. Remember that Seifer is just the Sorceress puppet, and Squall destroys the sorceress.

Therefore:

Squall >>>>>>>>>> Seifer

And as everyone knows:
Squall > Cloud :D

Therefore:
Cloud >>>>>>>>> Seifer

And of course:
Cloud > Sephiroth

Therefore:
Sephiroth >>>>>>> Seifer

Or to Summarize:
Squall >>>>>>>>>>Seifer
Cloud >>>>>>>>>Seifer
Sephiroth >>>>>>>>Seifer

Conclusion:
Seifer is a Chicken-Wuss

Craig
06-29-2005, 03:29 PM
You can beat Seifer in boss fights, because if you didn't you wouldn't be able to progress through the story, battle physics are quite a different thing to storyline.

I'd say storyline wise there isn't alot of different between them.

Loony BoB
06-29-2005, 03:54 PM
*blinks* I'm sorry, what!?

crazybayman
06-29-2005, 04:42 PM
Dude,
Just think about the storyline then. Seifer is nothing more than Ultimecia's puppet. Therefore Ultimecia is far superior.

Who beat's Ultimecia? Squall, of course. Meaning Squall is superior to Ultimecia, and therefore superior to Seifer.

Sure as you start out, their both pretty equal. But as you progress throughout the game, they both become stronger. And when you fight Seifer for the final time, right before facing Adel, you cream him. I, like most people I'm sure, even take time to draw magic from him, while he takes a few shots at you.

Actually at this point, Zell could probably take him. :)

Craig
06-29-2005, 04:51 PM
Okay, point taken.

boys from the dwarf
06-29-2005, 05:01 PM
sephiroth is an amzing villain and the hardest to beat boss battlewise (not including optional secret super bosses.)and also the hardest to beat characterwise because everyone would have been killed by sephiroth if it wasnt for aeris dying and also he could kick seifers ass any day.

MAS82587
06-29-2005, 05:19 PM
i disagree 100%.
its basic math; cloud>squall

crazybayman
06-29-2005, 05:30 PM
i disagree 100%.
its basic math; cloud>squall

Haha..........I figured someone would disagree

Lionheart > Omnislash

Therefore: Squall > Cloud :D

Though the only time I've seen Omni-Slash is in that final battle with Sephiroth. Therefore I make my conclusion based on that.

Doomie
06-29-2005, 05:31 PM
Actually, the only REAL one one one fight we see between Squall and Seifer is in the first FMV, where Seifer wins.

So:

Cloud > Sephiroth

Squall > Cloud

Seifer > Squall

Seifer > Sephiroth

I HAVE SPOKEN!

crazybayman
06-29-2005, 06:15 PM
Actually, the only REAL one one one fight we see between Squall and Seifer is in the first FMV, where Seifer wins.
Actually they fight one on one at Deling, during the attempt to assassinate the Sorceress.

And Squall proceeds to open up a can of whoop-a$$ on the Chicken Wuss.

:D

Aphelion
06-29-2005, 06:19 PM
Sephiroth. Oh, come on, Seifer thinks "chicken wuss" is a dirty and offensive thing to say, and that's just plain stupid. Plus, Seifer is not very clever...Sephiroth tries to find a way to destroy the world to get Lifestream, and Seifer...allies himself with a witch? Oh, come on...

Doomie
06-29-2005, 06:36 PM
Actually they fight one on one at Deling, during the attempt to assassinate the Sorceress.

I meant in a real life, not in one of those battle scenarios where you are forced to win to advance.

Skyblade
06-29-2005, 07:19 PM

I meant in a real life, not in one of those battle scenarios where you are forced to win to advance.

Yet you accept the one where Seifer is forced to win in order to advance? Logical fallacy there, buddy. Seifer's victory there is as much preordained as Squall's victory every other time.

Besides, Seifer didn't really "win". He cheated by using his limit against Squall, and Squall immediately countered. Both wound up with nearly identical scars, so I don't see why people keep saying that Squall lost.

boys from the dwarf
06-29-2005, 07:25 PM
sephiroth could kick all of there asses and sephiroth when he revives is even more invincible.if you think about its only luck that let cloud efeat sephiroth or even better when he found out his origins he let cloud kill him so he could become more powerful.
and cloud could kick sqalls ass any day but i doubt he could beat sephiroth when he is reincarnated alone.i know some of you have done a one on one sephiroth match and beat sephiroth bizzaro and safer sephiroth with only cloud but that was becaus eyou trained up load and in real life cloud would have lost that match.

so my theorie is cloud>everyone
reincarnated sephiroth beats <cloud and everyone else.

Craig
06-29-2005, 07:28 PM

Yet you accept the one where Seifer is forced to win in order to advance? Logical fallacy there, buddy. Seifer's victory there is as much preordained as Squall's victory every other time.

Besides, Seifer didn't really "win". He cheated by using his limit against Squall, and Squall immediately countered. Both wound up with nearly identical scars, so I don't see why people keep saying that Squall lost.

And all of this has made me go back to my previous point, that Squall and Seifer are almost equal, with Squall maybe being a bit stronger.

Therefore Seifer has a fair chance of beating Sephiroth.

Doomie
06-29-2005, 08:39 PM

1. FMV and battle are two different things. Both are preordained victories, but one of them you are forced to lose. Even early on in the game, you can easily compare the two of them and see that Seifer is much better. Besides, battle KO and real life videogame death are two different things. (ie Aeris and General Leo vs. using a Phoenix Down)
And how is using a Limit Break cheating?

2. Squall ended up in the infirmary.

boys from the dwarf
06-29-2005, 09:18 PM
seifer beating sephiroth?id like to see that!

BabyVixen
06-29-2005, 09:52 PM
Sephiroth would kick his ass no doubt! And plus he has a better background story so h's the better villain

Shoden
06-29-2005, 10:41 PM
actually if Seifer can kill a Viking god Sephy's got sdome competition but Sephiroth in evilness Seifer just wants his own way in any way and follow his dreams anywhere

Kamiko
06-29-2005, 10:42 PM
I think the fuzzy purple elephants would win, no problem.

tan
06-30-2005, 12:10 AM
Sephiroth would kill Seifer (most likely cut his head off I hope). But if was Ultmecia going against Sephiroth, I would have to say Sephiroth would die hands down. But then again Squall is the best around, so Squall would beat any of them.

Yuffie514
06-30-2005, 12:34 AM
not only would Sephy killed Seifer, but even Rinoa can kiss his @$$:eek: :D !

Lord Xehanort
06-30-2005, 01:14 AM
The answer is Sephiroth

Doomie
06-30-2005, 01:15 AM
The answer is Sephiroth

Coming from the Sephiroth fan-boy?

Skyblade
06-30-2005, 06:17 AM

1. FMV and battle are two different things. Both are preordained victories, but one of them you are forced to lose. Even early on in the game, you can easily compare the two of them and see that Seifer is much better. Besides, battle KO and real life videogame death are two different things. (ie Aeris and General Leo vs. using a Phoenix Down)

If somehow Squall would "win" the battle with Seifer, your game would be over as surely as if you lost in battle, because a glitch that bad would totally freeze the game. Um, how can you see that Seifer is better? The FMV was a fight with set rules that Seifer broke. You are not supposed to actually harm your sparring partner. Fairly standard for training matches. The two were fencing, and Seifer got the touch. You don't then follow up and actually drive your sword through your opponent. Hell, Seifer doesn't even deny that he cheated when they get to Dollet. He just says that Squall will thank him for it one day. Squall was following the rules, and Seifer wasn't. That doesn't mean Squall is any less capable than Seifer. And since Seifer gets a royal @$$ kicking every other time they meet, it seems fairly clear that when both characters are playing by the same rules, Seifer is no match for Squall.

2. Having the sense to go to the infirmary when you get your face torn open has nothing to do with the outcome of the match. Seifer prefers to play it tough. Well, one day one of Seifer's wounds will get infected and he'll wind up dead because of his refusal to see the doctor. Common sense is a survival trait, and it is one that Seifer lacks.

theoryonlyworksintheory
06-30-2005, 07:21 AM
I just have to say to whoever was doing the whole
cloud>sephiroth therefore..etc.
a 3 person party beat sephiroth not Cloud

Hexarar
06-30-2005, 07:59 AM
THIS POST IS GOING TO HAVE SOME REAL BAD ENGLISH!
OK, let us state Squall is as good as Cloud.
Squall never beats Seifer. Not alone. They are equally strong. The opening video shows us their fight. It ends to tie.
As we all know, Cloud is a smurf of a lot stronger than Sephiroth. (I have been told[HAVEN'T PLAYED THAT FAR MYSELF] that somewhere in FFVII you get to beat Sephy with Cloud alone)
And then to BTWs...
How many summons did Sephy kill? Seifer slices Odin. HE KILLS A GF!!!
BTW, Squall didn't kill Ulti alone. He had his posse with him. If Seifer hadn't been caught off guard on the first place when Edea possesses him, he would pry have been able to kick Ulty's sorry butt to um.

Christmas
06-30-2005, 02:07 PM
Let's analysis this properly...

There is one and only one Seifer
There is tons of Sephiroth clones thanks to Hojo
Sephiroth gather the other Sephiroths and fight Seifer...
In term of numbers, Sephiroth outnumber Seifer..
Most likely Sephiroth will win since there are so many of him out there...

Sephiroth use a very long sword.
Seifer has him regular gunblade.
Sephiroth has the great advantage from attacking form a long distance due to the length of his sword.
You know how annoying it is when fighting Sephiroth in KH due to the length of his weapon
If the KH Sephiroth is included, we all know the that one Sin Harvest can send Seifer to heaven..

crazybayman
06-30-2005, 02:22 PM
I just have to say to whoever was doing the whole
cloud>sephiroth therefore..etc.
a 3 person party beat sephiroth not Cloud

Didn't you see the very last battle? After you defeat Safer Sephiroth and Bizzaro? Cloud destroys him alone with Omnislash.

Squall never beats Seifer. Not alone. They are equally strong.
Squall beats Seifer alone during the attempt to assassinate the sorceress as Deling as I said before. And yes, this is just as legit as went they fought in the opening CGI sequence.

When Squall unleashes Lionheart on anyone or anything, it dies. End of story.

Therefore
Squall > Seifer and Cloud and Sephiroth and Ultimecia and Kefka and Chaos and Sin and etc :D

Cyraniel
07-01-2005, 08:18 AM
Sephiroth in that last fight after his two other forms get defeated by the WHOLE party, when Cloud finally fights him alone, only has like 1 HP. If you don't use Omnislash, Sephiroth will attack and Cloud will always counterattack, even without the materia, and kill Sephiroth in one hit. That's SO doesn't make Cloud stronger than Sephiroth. I could beat up Mike Tyson if I had a bunch of people beat him until he was pretty much dead first. That doesn't mean: Me > Mike Tyson. Anywho, Sora can beat Sephiroth by himself in KH. Does that mean: Sora > The whole FF7 party? This stuff is pointless. The main character always wins. If they made a game where you play as Seifer and Sephiroth is a boss who you have to beat to progress, Seifer would beat him. Vice versa.

Saiyan Knight
07-01-2005, 03:17 PM
This isnt even a match.Sephiroth by a mile.Seifer is a pitiful excuse for a villian.

Saiyan Knight
07-01-2005, 03:19 PM
I could beat up Mike Tyson if I had a bunch of people beat him until he was pretty much dead first.

Judging by Tysons last few fights a 6yr old would kill him.

Doomie
07-01-2005, 03:28 PM

If somehow Squall would "win" the battle with Seifer, your game would be over as surely as if you lost in battle, because a glitch that bad would totally freeze the game. Um, how can you see that Seifer is better? The FMV was a fight with set rules that Seifer broke. You are not supposed to actually harm your sparring partner. Fairly standard for training matches. The two were fencing, and Seifer got the touch. You don't then follow up and actually drive your sword through your opponent. Hell, Seifer doesn't even deny that he cheated when they get to Dollet. He just says that Squall will thank him for it one day. Squall was following the rules, and Seifer wasn't. That doesn't mean Squall is any less capable than Seifer. And since Seifer gets a royal @$$ kicking every other time they meet, it seems fairly clear that when both characters are playing by the same rules, Seifer is no match for Squall.

2. Having the sense to go to the infirmary when you get your face torn open has nothing to do with the outcome of the match. Seifer prefers to play it tough. Well, one day one of Seifer's wounds will get infected and he'll wind up dead because of his refusal to see the doctor. Common sense is a survival trait, and it is one that Seifer lacks.

If Seifer had lost the match, perhaps because he may not have cheated, then I'd be saying Squall is stronger. And hadn't Squall passed out or something? Wasn't that why he was in the infirmary? And if you ask me, if Squall had the chance to use his limit, he would have.

And what do you mean playing by the same rules? It is always 3 against one, except for the first one. Also, in the first one, Seifer asks that no GFs be used. Yet you still have the ability to use that command. The fact that you always have GFs and their abilities, and the abilitiy to junction, when he doesn't, makes it obvious that it WASN'T playing by the same rules.

P.S. Wakka > Any other Final Fantasy Character. <3

Kakashi509
07-02-2005, 04:20 PM
ok heres my point of view:
Squall>cloud
Squall>seifer
cloud>sephiroth
now we all know seifer is one of the worst villians there is right? well maybe it just appears that way since if Squall used lionheart he would be superiour to cloud, and Cloud is superiour to Sephiroth. So maybe Seifer could beat since he had to put up a fight with someone who is superiour to cloud who is superiour to Sephiroth. Though then remembering theres more than one sephiroth so that can multiply his power, the size of his blade is incredibly lond so he can use long distance techniques and the fact that when he revives he becomes stronger. Plus seifers to stupid to be able to beat Sephiroth. So Sephiroth should win.

Craig
07-02-2005, 05:35 PM
The fact that Lionheart does more hits than Omnislash doesn't make Squall stronger than Cloud, as the person on the receiving end would be dead within 2-3 anyway.

Squall maybe a bit stronger than Seifer but Cloud is way stronger than Sephiroth. Seifer may not have a plot to destroy the Universe, and he may be a complete tool but what does that have to do with his fighting capabilities?

Kakashi509
07-02-2005, 07:58 PM
Well the fact of being a pawn and a free...man has a lot because the pawn would have taken orders and in a tight situation wouldn't be as capabl as thinking of a good plan as a free man since pawns take orders, they don't think up their own. Though to tell you the truth Seifer would be no match for Sephiroth.

Vengence
07-02-2005, 08:20 PM
Sephiroth would win.

Everybody
07-06-2005, 03:37 AM
I beat Sephiroth with a dead Yuffie and Vincent in my party.

Seifer>Cloud>Squall>Sephiroth>Aeris>Buick>Teabag>Nobody>Bush.

Stop being so mechanistic about it. First of all, Seifer gets his ass kicked so many times obviously he can restart after game over, not so for Sephiroth. Secondly, you must remember that at the end of FFVIII, Seifer and his two sidekicks Fujin and Rajin were raising their fishing skills and Seifer smiled like he was a retard like Squall at the beginning of the game. If Sephiroth decides to run through Seifer with his long sword then one of Seifer’s sidekicks would just revive him and go back getting exp from fishing. Then after they are level 99, and you have been convinced your characters have gone through the linear trials and tribulations you think necessary to make it in this world as drilled into you since you were born, they will triple-team Sephiroth and you will think that’s very good indeed. Hey, they should do that. I want to see Seifer developed. Sephiroth can’t stand the smell of fish, and Seifer is a fisherman. Who wins 1v1? Tough decision.

Cloud definitely beats Squall because Squall’s story is finished. He has a girlfriend already and closure and the only thing left for him to do is fade away and die.

Isn’t it the point of FF storytelling? So if Sephiroth does win he better be one of my characters.

But personally, I think Cait Sith has been working behind the scenes nonstop and controls everything, even Earth.

XxSephirothxX
07-06-2005, 04:51 AM
This thread is funny.

Omega_Sephiroth
07-06-2005, 05:02 AM
No question SEPHIROTH(A.K.A. good ol' sephy)

Siefer isnt even a real villian he just a little puppet rival mofo who is easy to pwn! and in the end he's not even EVIL....where as Sephiroth stays just to the right of satan until his death :(.....but after he dies he goes to hell and owns the crap out of satan and becomes the surpreme ruler of the underworld!!!!muhahahhahaha

Omega_Sephiroth
07-06-2005, 05:14 AM
crazybayman i got to ask...are u really from "around da bay" as i would say and do ya talk like this by'e lol anyways just wondering

Everybody
07-06-2005, 01:05 PM
Why? You're breaking my heart.
This image and this topic go together like 2+2.

http://michelemiller.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/dumb_people_jpeg.jpg

Hambone
07-06-2005, 07:38 PM
Totally Sephiroth. Seifer just has the attitude.

Dragonheart
07-14-2005, 10:58 AM
i will admit Sephiroth is the storngest in attacking but he is dead. he died once was reborn due to Jenova cells and died again.
Seifer lived through every attack and killed odin. he is very stong as well as Sephiroth. Even Gilgamesh couldn't kill him though. And you kill sephiroth with one person with one attack. plus when Cloud kills him the first time he is much weaker. And Sephiroth doesn't even have a Limit Break.
so in Strength/Power its Sephiroth, but
In Defense/Will Power and close in strength its Seifer.

liamo
07-14-2005, 02:28 PM
sepheroth was the best siefer was just a lacky

Christmas
05-22-2022, 01:45 PM
Seifer wins because he got some hawt love from Edea. Then he got the Fujin and Rajin duo.

Sephiroth? Mama JENOVA is a parasite and his SOLDIER buddies unfriended him. Poor little boy. :(