PDA

View Full Version : Do the characters in FF XII have jobs?

Crossblades
06-29-2005, 04:28 PM
Do they have jobs like the characters in FF I, FF IV, FF IX, and FF X?

Craig
06-29-2005, 04:38 PM
I have no idea, but I'm going to take a guess and say it's gonna be like X. They start with set skills and abilities, but leveled up enough they can learn anything and have maximum stats.

Crossblades
06-29-2005, 07:03 PM
I have no idea, but I'm going to take a guess and say it's gonna be like X. They start with set skills and abilities, but leveled up enough they can learn anything and have maximum stats.

I'm gonna go with that as well. I think I read somewhere that they'll learn abilities depending on what kind of weapon they have equipped, like FF IX and FFTA

Sidu
06-30-2005, 05:29 PM
I believe that they all start with natural strengths towards weapons and types of magi, but given time they can gain strength with any weapon or magic. So it's rather similar to FF II.

Hroth
06-30-2005, 07:11 PM
They don't have jobs, at least that's what I read in some pre-release FFXII Faqs. They won't have jobs but it doesn't mean it won't be sort of obvious... If a character has steal and no other special skill, it is most likely a thief...

NeoCracker
07-26-2005, 01:27 PM
http://www.ffxii.net/?nav=media/artworks

On this site it gives descriptions to six main characters in the story. The Descriptions make it sound like that there will be no job class system, as the Viera is described as using mostly grappling and Fencing, and some wierd 16 year old using some kind of dance fighting.

FranXII
07-30-2005, 03:51 AM
No, but Fran has alot of cool weapons. MUAHAHAHAHAH --- *cough cough* *catches breath* HAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH......ha...

crashNUMBERS
07-30-2005, 04:02 AM
From descriptions of the character info from recent websites it sounds like...

Vaan = Sea Pirate/
Fran = Rouge/ Archer
Balfear = Gunner/ Thief
That patch eyed guy (XD) = Warrior/
Ashe = Kinda like a Knight/

DocFrance
07-30-2005, 04:58 AM
No, they're all penniless bums.