PDA

View Full Version : Do you HAVE to get 100% for PERFECT ENDING?

Nick :)
06-29-2005, 04:38 PM
Hey all, I'm a lil confused at the mo. I get the thing with the game completion etc., but to get perfect ending, do you have to get 100%? Isn't that impossible or something?
Cheers,
Nick.

Necronopticous
06-29-2005, 05:09 PM
Yes, no it's not impossible. It is, however, impossible with a single playthrough.

boys from the dwarf
06-29-2005, 05:13 PM
Yes, no it's not impossible. It is, however, impossible with a single playthrough.

Mirage
06-29-2005, 05:29 PM
No. 100% is possible the first time through, as long as you choose the Youth League instead of New Yevon.

Doomie
06-29-2005, 05:34 PM
No. 100% is possible the first time through, as long as you choose the Youth League instead of New Yevon.

Yep, I got mine on the first playthrough.

06-29-2005, 06:18 PM
Well ok then...I heard when you complete game for the first time, you get another option at main menu to start new game, but with all dresspheres and garment grids from the last game. And all the completion you get in the new game gets added on to old one and then the next time you get to the end, youre guarenteed to get 100%

Mirage
06-29-2005, 07:07 PM
There is no guarantee. I only had 85% after my first new game plus.

boys from the dwarf
06-29-2005, 07:42 PM

SeeDRankLou
06-29-2005, 08:32 PM
That and a whole bunch of other stuff you have to do just right. But yeah, it is quite possible to do in one playthrough. You will however not be able to see everything with one playthrough, even if you do get 100%. I've done it before though.

boys from the dwarf
06-29-2005, 09:29 PM
That and a whole bunch of other stuff you have to do just right. But yeah, it is quite possible to do in one playthrough. You will however not be able to see everything with one playthrough, even if you do get 100%. I've done it before though.

Pouring Rain
06-29-2005, 11:20 PM
Yes, you do have to get 100% for the Perfect Ending. Its about to be my 6th time beating the game and I finally got 100 precent. Youth Leauge, Rikku or Chocobo Eater culprit, get episode complete in almost everything. Yada yada yada. The first time it was 92, then 94, then 96, then 98, then my cousin with 95, and now, 100%. I am one happy customer. My mom needs help, so when she plays, it'll be my 7th time! Hurray! But I play FFX a lot more than that, though. Lol.

XxSephirothxX
06-29-2005, 11:27 PM
That's why they call it the "perfect" ending. :D It might be possible to use a Gameshark or something, but I don't know. I didn't devote enough time to the game to beat it more than once.

KuroYuna
06-30-2005, 01:26 AM
Yes you have to have 100% and some extra scene too...

And IT NOT IMPOSSIBLE TO GET 100% IN FIRST TRY! Even though you do the optional mission... you'll miss portion of the percent. you have to like go to a place like when you first started a game, you go to the Thunder Plain, and Yuna will kinda talk about how Rikku got over her fear of thunder by camping out there for 1 whole week.... and other unnamed mission. But you have to find it.

So if you miss some part of scene.. it count as not getting a perfect 100 on the first try

oh and the mini game counts too .. like the Sphere Break game and the Gunalt with Beclam

boys from the dwarf
06-30-2005, 07:19 AM
Yes you have to have 100% and some extra scene too...

And IT NOT IMPOSSIBLE TO GET 100% IN FIRST TRY! Even though you do the optional mission... you'll miss portion of the percent. you have to like go to a place like when you first started a game, you go to the Thunder Plain, and Yuna will kinda talk about how Rikku got over her fear of thunder by camping out there for 1 whole week.... and other unnamed mission. But you have to find it.

So if you miss some part of scene.. it count as not getting a perfect 100 on the first try

oh and the mini game counts too .. like the Sphere Break game and the Gunalt with Beclam
i think id better stop it with the stealing this thread now.

Dr.M
06-30-2005, 07:27 AM
im on 98% and it's my 8th time! i must be slow learner or something. im stuck with the chocobo catching for clasco.

06-30-2005, 08:06 PM
Well it sounds harder than I thought. But at the moment, I'm examining the first chapter with a fine tooth comb to make sure I don't miss a single mini-quest etc. I'm still on chapter one but I got about 15% and I haven't done much :). MAKE SURE YOU HEAD OFF TO D'JOSE TEMPLE AND FOLLOW ORMI AND LOGOS TO THE YOUTH LEAGUE HQ. THEN SPEAK TO MA'CHEN THE PHILOSOPHER AND LISTEN TO ALL HE SAYS AND YOU WILL GET AN EXTRA 3%!

SeeDRankLou
06-30-2005, 09:20 PM
Something VERY easily missed happens at the very beginning of the game. When you control Rikku and you are chasing "Yuna," you have to go off the the left and talk to the moogle (Yuna). She will restore your health. This counts for percentage, if you don't do it your screwed if you want 100% in one game.

07-01-2005, 09:26 PM
Thanks, but I was aware of that in the first place ;). I read the first few free pages of a guide of FFX-2 hehe.

07-02-2005, 03:48 PM
Yey! I'm doing pretty good now ;). Just finished Chapter 1 and only JUST began Chapter 2 and already I have 27% completed! I've done every single mission I could find (I think, but I got some questions).
CHAPTER 1:
1. Mt. Gagazet - When Kimari asks you about those two "Pup" Ronsos, where can you find them?
2. Besaid Village/Island - After completing the cave and finding the treasure sphere, HOW THE HECK DO YOU GET 900,000 GIL FOR THE BESAID KEY FOR THE CHEST!?!?!
3. You're supposed to hand over sphere of "????" (Shuyin + Vegnagun movie - My mate told me about it), to YOUTH LEAGUE not NEW YEVON - Right?

Cheers,
Nick.

07-03-2005, 04:16 PM
Anyone???

Slash912
07-05-2005, 12:32 PM
Yey! I'm doing pretty good now ;). Just finished Chapter 1 and only JUST began Chapter 2 and already I have 27% completed! I've done every single mission I could find (I think, but I got some questions).
CHAPTER 1:
1. Mt. Gagazet - When Kimari asks you about those two "Pup" Ronsos, where can you find them?
2. Besaid Village/Island - After completing the cave and finding the treasure sphere, HOW THE HECK DO YOU GET 900,000 GIL FOR THE BESAID KEY FOR THE CHEST!?!?!
3. You're supposed to hand over sphere of "????" (Shuyin + Vegnagun movie - My mate told me about it), to YOUTH LEAGUE not NEW YEVON - Right?

Cheers,
Nick.

Seem as you need answers quickly...
1. You'll find them later through out the game as they 'walk the Spira'
2. Don't pay for it, you'll find the key later in the game
3. Youth League, correct.

Kuja's Baby Girl
07-05-2005, 05:24 PM
i didnt get 100% yet cause I forgot to do the campaign for an agency in the calm lands....oops...well i have 99% and now working for that last percent!

07-06-2005, 05:39 PM
Koolio. So you CAN get 100% FIRST TIME :)

Lady Pain
07-06-2005, 05:54 PM
no because 100 levels you need hero drink and you can only get it from the nodes fron Venagun.