PDA

View Full Version : All these Questions in my Head...

Dreddz
06-29-2005, 06:23 PM
Ive been kinda off-putted by Sonys recently, they are really dodgy with products. Ive never been with another console. Ive had the Psx and PS2. Im now thinking about getting a............Xbox 360 when it comes out. The console seems to be powerful enough and will have alot of good games, plus it will be having FFXI which over here in Europe never made the Playstation.
There is one Biiiiiiiiiig draw-back however, will this be the end of Final Fantasy. I love the series so much and cant afford 2 consoles to get them. But, with the arrival of FFXI for Xbox, will this mean that the new games will be arriving on the Xbox. Oh say it is so...

I need advice

SomethingBig
06-29-2005, 06:52 PM
Let's put it this way: The Playstation has come out on top for the past 2 generations in the games category. The X Box comes out on graphics. That's about it. The new consoles will all support online games. Sony has the support of most of the 3rd party companies. The X Box has... I dunno. Just slightly more than Nintendo. Most of the X Box games are either ported to the PC or vice versa, which means as long as you have a PC, you've got an X Box. This is the question you have to ask yourself:
What's more important, gameplay or a t-shirt-making console which has better graphics?

Dreddz
06-29-2005, 06:58 PM
I cant deny anymore that the PS2 was a faulty piece of crap
Im just worried that the PS3 will have the same outcome

Erdrick Holmes
06-29-2005, 07:37 PM
I'll be frank. if you want RPGs, stick with Sony, if you want fast paced games (fighters, FPS, *sigh* sports) get an XBox.

Dreddz
06-29-2005, 07:55 PM
But I want B00000000th
The absense of FF is the really problem for me

Erdrick Holmes
06-29-2005, 08:05 PM
Well, the former Final Fantasy Producer is making games exclusivly for the 360. And Final Fantasy 11 will be available for it for XBox live subscribers.

Dreddz
06-29-2005, 08:55 PM
the apperance of FFXI for Xbox is good, but I want to know if theres any chance for FFXIII FXIV etc to come to the Xbox, as those are the games that are the most important to me

MecaKane
06-29-2005, 09:07 PM
If people knew if FFXIII and the others were coming out on the Xbox 360 there would be a big flaming stickied thread in gen ff with people freaking out about it.
Sony at the very least, has lost some money fixing/replacing broken PS2s that were within the warrenty, since it seems to be a lot more frequent that anything I've heard about the PSX. They will probably take more care with the PS3 so it won't have that type of reputation this time around, the same way they're trying to make sure it has the best graphics and hardware capibilites since the PS2 was lacking compared to Xbox (And GC?)

You have over a year before you can even chose between buying a PS3 and Xbox 360, maybe you're jumping the gun a bit right now.

SomethingBig
06-30-2005, 03:11 AM
The only reason Sony gave handed out faulty hardware was because their consoles were always the first ones out. PS1 came out before N64 and PS2 came out before X Box and the Cube. The Dreamcast doesn't count because that failed. The PS3 is supposed to come summer of next year, 6 months after the 360. Sony is almost complete with the console and they have an entire year to work out the kinks.

I'll be frank. if you want RPGs, stick with Sony, if you want fast paced games (fighters, FPS, *sigh* sports) get an XBox.
I'm pretty sure all the worth-while fighting games on the X Box were also for the PS2 and Cube. The X Box has FPSs, but like I said before, they were all ported to the PC or vice versa. Also, each console has its own share of good sports games.

Cz
06-30-2005, 12:22 PM
To be fair, every decent PS2 FPS was also ported to the X-Box or PC. I agree that the PS2 has a greater variety of titles (you won't see anything like Rez, Ico or Disgaea on a Microsoft console in the near future) but if you're after a reliable console for popular software, the XB360 may be the way to go. That said, if FF is that important to you then you should buy a PS3, since that'll have your favourite game series, as well as plenty of other decent software to back it up.

But what you have to remember is that all of these consoles will be outdated in a few years time, and you'll be able to buy them cheaply enough to catch up on any games you missed out on. On balance, I'd say it's probably best for you to buy the PS3, and then a few years later pick up the XB360 and check out its back catalogue. That way you get the best of both worlds.

Or you could just screw them both and buy a Revolution. ;)

SomethingBig
06-30-2005, 04:01 PM
Or you could just screw them both and buy a Revolution. ;)
That's probably the best piece of advice I've heard in this thread. Like I've said before, I'm saving my flower for the Revolution. :love: For some reason, I have this huge hunch that Nintendo's going to learn from all their past mistakes and do something amazing with the Revolution.

Dreddz
06-30-2005, 05:06 PM
the revolution is not and never will be an option !

-N-
06-30-2005, 06:33 PM
If people knew if FFXIII and the others were coming out on the Xbox 360 there would be a big flaming stickied thread in gen ff with people freaking out about it.Seriously. :rolleyes:

SomethingBig
06-30-2005, 06:38 PM
the revolution is not and never will be an option !
Yeah! Nintendo, the company who resurrected the video-game industry, is for gayass little kids, anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111