PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol = cool ???

Itsunari 2000
06-29-2005, 06:54 PM
Do you think drinking alcohol is " cool " ?

RSL
06-29-2005, 06:55 PM
No, not really. I choose not to do it. I don't have a problem with people who do, except when they decide to drive, then I have a problem with them.

Zeldy
06-29-2005, 06:58 PM
There should have been an option that just stated "Yes..well..maybe"

edczxcvbnm
06-29-2005, 06:59 PM
Whatarea fyou atalkainga bout?///////// iTS teh cxoooolesdt@

crazybayman
06-29-2005, 07:02 PM
I used to think it was cool. In university I was always the one to give my buddies a hard time if they didn't go out and get hammered on Friday night.

Now I just don't want the hangover the next day. Plus its expensive, and it friggin horrible for you.

Breine
I wouldn't call it "cool"... We have a very laid back and relaxed relationship to alcohol in Denmark. Denmark is the country in Europe where the youth drink the most alcohol... which says a lot.

I think that alcohol is nice at parties and such, and of course a cold beer on hot summer days makes wonders... But of course alcohol can be bad, without a doubt.

Psychotic
Overrated.

Aphelion
Not at all. It is bad in taste and for your health...Okay, okay: I know you all like it, but that's the truth...that no one cares about XD

kikimm
06-29-2005, 07:05 PM
I don't think it's cool at all. Just dumb. I like to be in complete control of myself at all times. Even when I sleep.

:D

louby_4eva
06-29-2005, 07:06 PM
No, I don't think it's cool at all, I personally think it's a really stupid thing to do. I've only been drunk once, and I was completely legless, can't say it was fantastically fun. Being carried home whilest throwing up isn't a look I particularly like(not me by the way, one of my mates, was so disgusting) :D :D :D

Smile and Be happy :love:

gokufusionss1
06-29-2005, 07:07 PM
drinking is cool, it makes girls touch me. And without it boris no no would go insane........er.

Dreddz
06-29-2005, 07:08 PM
I dont think its cool, but I dont think its uncool
Drinking is never that bad, but when theres heavy machinery involed.........ooo boy

Craig
06-29-2005, 07:09 PM
Cool? No. Uncool? No. Overrated? Most definately.

FallenSilence
06-29-2005, 07:20 PM
If you need to be intoxicated to have fun, then there's something wrong with you.

Shoeberto
06-29-2005, 07:22 PM
Nah.

edczxcvbnm
06-29-2005, 07:22 PM
If you need to be intoxicated to have fun, then there's something wrong with you.

No one drinks to HAVE fun. You drink to

1) Enhance the fun
2) Escape reality
3) Act like a fucking moron!

Hawkeye
06-29-2005, 07:31 PM
Overrated.
Agreed, although I drink occasionally, it's not something I necessarily 'brag' about, not because of shame, just because I dont think it's that big of a deal.

-N-
06-29-2005, 08:02 PM
I don't think its necessarily cool, but I do drink a lot anyways.

Summoner _Sheena
06-29-2005, 08:05 PM
Being drunk isn't cool, but some alcohol tastes good.

Zante
06-29-2005, 08:07 PM
Most of my classmates drink just to prove how "grown up" they are. I think they are nuts.

SNOOZER
06-29-2005, 08:08 PM
Homer: Well beer, we've had some great times...
[singing to "It was a Very Good Year"]
When I was 17,
I drank some very good beer.
I drank some very good beer
I purchased with a fake ID
My name was Brian McGee
I stayed up listening to Queen
When I was 17.

But to answer your question, alcohol is ok in moderation. Drinking yourself silly is not.

-N-
06-29-2005, 08:10 PM
SNOOZER, you rock my world.

Rainecloud
06-29-2005, 08:50 PM
Drinking alcohol is fine. Abusing alcohol is not fine. People who "get legless" by downing 15 pints of beer and 20 bottles of vodka before throwing up over their stairs and bragging about it the next day at work are just idiots.

Remember, kids: drink alcohol responsibly.

Leeza
06-29-2005, 09:04 PM
I don't like your choices. There are plenty of other options in between a definite NO or drinking to get plastered on every occasion.

Doomie
06-29-2005, 09:05 PM
I don't like your choices. There are plenty of other options in between a definite NO or drinking to get plastered on every occasion.

That's what I was thinking. I still voted yes though, because responsible drinking is fine.

CloudSquallandZidane
06-29-2005, 09:05 PM
Its soo cool i impress all my friends, because i do the same thing they do everyday, but when i do it i add 6% Alcohol... maybe its not that cool...

BabyVixen
06-29-2005, 09:40 PM
No I think that drinking is just causes more violence, rape, the rise in sluts, STD's and pregnancy. That is if people drink too much.

nik0tine
06-29-2005, 10:18 PM
It's not "cool" but it isn't "uncool" either. It's just alcahol. It's pretty much like any drug out there, it's okay to use, so long as you don't let it use you.

Waking up with a hangover, though... Now that's uncool.

ali b
06-29-2005, 10:23 PM
I never really saw the appeal in getting completely drunk and waking up the next day not remembering a thing. If I have a good night out I want to remember it.

I do drink occasionally, I just never get drunk.

Dr.K
06-29-2005, 11:21 PM
Cool? No. Uncool? No. Overrated? Most definately.I'd go for this stance. The only thing that REALLY, untruly pains me about the alcohol thing is when people give you or others a hard time when you don't decide to drink. Some people really need to get a grip. And I'm not even talking about people who pass a light joke...I've seen people who get offended by it.

Chris
06-29-2005, 11:25 PM
I've never touched alchohol before, it doesn't appeal to me at all.

Caspian
06-29-2005, 11:26 PM
Mike's Hard Beverages are good, but don't drink 8 in the span of an hour.

Shlup
06-29-2005, 11:28 PM
It's a mood altering drug I use on occassion to make a party or gathering more enjoyable. It works and it's fun. That's about it.

XxSephirothxX
06-29-2005, 11:34 PM
Nah, it's not cool. Responsible drinkers are fine, but, other than that...no way.

omnitarian
06-29-2005, 11:35 PM
I guess I never quite understood the appeal of ingesting foul-tasting poison. :-/

Levian
06-29-2005, 11:38 PM
It's not "cool", it's fun. It's easier to make contact with other people that way too.

Odaisé Gaelach
06-29-2005, 11:41 PM
Even though I don't drink the stuff I think that alcohol is all right - provided that you don't drink to delibrately get drunk.

What really annoys me though is my friends pressuring me to have a drink :mad:

NeoTifa
06-29-2005, 11:49 PM
om@#$^#%^&%@%$^&%%&@#@#$!@#!$&^%^*&#$^#@G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are you serious! no way is drinking kewl! do you want to die?!

Dixie
06-29-2005, 11:53 PM
Drinking = One of the wost things you can do to your family.

Shlup
06-29-2005, 11:55 PM
1) Anyone who thinking drinking is "cool" is dumb anyway.
2) Drinking doesn't kill you. Stupidity and/or alcoholism kills you.
3) Not all alcohol tastes bad, and some people think the stuff you think is gross tastes good.
4) Everything kills you. May as well [responsibly] enjoy yourself if you so choose.

I'm seeing too many extreme attitudes in this thread. Mostly that "omg drinking is poison and uncool." Chill.

krissy
06-29-2005, 11:55 PM
yes, because when you die of dehydration and your brain shrivels they will be happy :{

edit: in resposne to the post above the post above

now that i had to edit it its not funny anymore

thanks a lot shluip

Shlup
06-29-2005, 11:57 PM
That's what you get for being slow and fat and a goose!

MecaKane
06-29-2005, 11:58 PM
Drinking is a good way for a good time.

Hawkeye
06-29-2005, 11:58 PM
I still laughed, but you can still blame Shulp, because she did still ruin the joke

NeoTifa
06-30-2005, 12:20 AM
bad bad bad. naughty. almost everyone i know drinks. tsk tsk tsk

The Jamie Star Scenario
06-30-2005, 12:20 AM
Alcohol rocks but only drugs are cool.

nik0tine
06-30-2005, 12:34 AM
I'm seeing too many extreme attitudes in this thread. Mostly that "omg drinking is poison and uncool." Chill.
Yes.

Shlup
06-30-2005, 01:27 AM
bad bad bad. naughty. almost everyone i know drinks. tsk tsk tsk
Do you even have any particular reasons to be against it other than "omg it poison" or "if u drive u will smashy"?

omnitarian
06-30-2005, 01:45 AM
Technically, alcohol is poison. It's a biologically produced substance that damages nerve receptors. It's not a particularly lethal or dangerous poison, I was just using the word to be instigative. :p

Yamaneko
06-30-2005, 01:45 AM
I drink sometimes when I go out.

TheAbominatrix
06-30-2005, 01:47 AM
I think people with the attitude that 'omg drinking is teh best if u dun drink yer teh gay' crap is annoying, and I hate listening to people brag constantly about how 'smashed' they got (to note, my constant 'I'm so drunk' isnt bragging, it's me being an idiot), but I do like drinking. I didnt used to, then I found stuff I liked the taste of. I usually just drink wine coolers, but yeah. I like alcohol.

Del Murder
06-30-2005, 01:51 AM
Only in the winter.

Caspian
06-30-2005, 03:42 AM
Thanks for that terrible, terrible joke.

-N-
06-30-2005, 03:45 AM
Alcohol rocks but only drugs are cool.:up:

T-MaN
06-30-2005, 04:08 AM
I have yet to drink any beer, wine, vodka, etc. I'd rather have a Brisk or a Coke. Btw, I don't see how drinking alcohol makes someone look "cool".

Cruise Control
06-30-2005, 04:15 AM
No

If you have to drink and drive, drink pepsi

nik0tine
06-30-2005, 04:32 AM
Spiked Pepsi?

Peegee
06-30-2005, 04:33 AM
It doesn't, but if you stand there going 'eww you drink yuck', you're not cool. In fact you're being negative and not very social at all.

Meow
06-30-2005, 04:34 AM
i am currently surfing EOFF with a Blue Moon in hand.

Now if only i had an orange slice.

Yamaneko
06-30-2005, 04:36 AM
It'd be heaven on the moon?

-N-
06-30-2005, 04:36 AM
Blanco, my friend, you have good taste in ales.

Cruise Control
06-30-2005, 04:37 AM
Spiked Pepsi?
No, regular (I wish it was blue pepsi).

But like PG says, don't like it, don't participate, but don't nag others about it.

Samuraid
06-30-2005, 07:15 AM
A reasonable amount of alcohol is good...but too much is definitely not worth getting drunk.

Leene
06-30-2005, 10:33 AM
:save:...no...alcohol makes me :barf: .:save:

Devourment
06-30-2005, 11:34 AM
There's nothing wrong with it, but poeple who get rat-arsed all the time are moronic. There is no point. & they are only doing it because they have problems in their life & they think they can put them to one side by getting drunk - Overwise they wouldn't do it. There's nothing wrong with having a social drink though, or even getting drunk.. But doing it all the time is silly & there is no need for it. I only like a few select drinks anyway.. Mainly Guinness, Grolsch, Heineken & red wine.. & I hate cider.. I have never really liked it.

Loony BoB
06-30-2005, 11:56 AM
No. I think drinking alcohol is okay so long as it's done in moderation. Getting drunk, to me, is absolutely stupid.

thinking of names is hard
06-30-2005, 03:38 PM
No

If you have to drink and drive, drink pepsi
I prefer laughing at other people who are drunck. Im just going to stick to the good old pepsi and driving illegaly underage...

Resha
06-30-2005, 03:46 PM
Alcohol = tastes disgusting :(

Craig
06-30-2005, 04:19 PM
Want to know how cool alcohol makes you?

A couple of weeks ago I had a small get together of friends, alcohol was involved. I was sat on my bed, with a friend next to me and someone else jumped on me. I accidentally kicked my friend in the eye.

He then went crazy, started to threaten me and put a knife to my throat. After that he got emotional, apologized and proceeded to drink whisky through his eye.

A couple of hours later he was completely gone and started crying and phoning his Mum saying he was going to die, then he puked up a couple of times before passing out.

Eventually he started to wake up a bit and me and a friend noticed he was covered in his own puke so we asked him if we could wash his jacket, he refused.

My sister eventually came in from next door, he then passed out and she called an ambulance, but by the time they got to my house he was wide awake, after they left at 3 am he started to phone people from my house phone, then he mentioned something about "breaking my legs" and my sister said "I bet you won't"

He took this as a bet and chased me up the stairs and tried to bash my bedroom door down, eventually the Police were called and it took a few of them to restrain him and arrest him for the night.

The next day he had almost no memory of the night before.

Now that's cool.

The Jamie Star Scenario
06-30-2005, 05:39 PM
Alcohol only makes the cool cooler. If you are uncool and drink alcohol (i.e. your friend) you do things that cool people do not do.

http://www.funnypics4all.com/pics/0/5/544.jpg

Cless
06-30-2005, 06:01 PM
It's not "cool", and it's not "uncool", given that I assume you are using this word in it's cool = fashionable context. I think, when used responsibly of course, that it's a great way to unwind with friends. And I must admit, given the bright summer nights these days, I've been indulging in it a lot myself lately. The thing I hate though, is people getting violent and aggresive when drinking, just like my parents do. When there are problems in my house, nine times out of ten it is alcohol related. But I think that is more due to how stupid people are, rather than how bad alcohol is, and I don't drink with those people.

I don't believe getting drunk is stupid, at least not if you're relatively good-natured. Drinking with a couple of good, trustworthy friends, is something I believe that everyone should try at least once.

If it's fun and doesn't hurt other people in some way, it gets a thumbs up from me. I do accept that sometimes people do or participate in dangerous things while drinking, I think is a problem inside them, rather than with alcohol. For example, it doesn't matter how drunk I may be; there are just some things that I'd never do. I know my friends are the same too.

And just a thought. Are the people who are saying drinking is a stupid thing to do, not just the same as the people who are saying not drinking is a stupid thing to do, I wonder?

KuRt
06-30-2005, 06:09 PM
No but when you are drunk you think it´s cool but afterwards you hear what kind of idiotic things you have done

TheAbominatrix
06-30-2005, 11:41 PM
It depends on what sort of person you are as to whether or not those idiotic things bother you, and what those idiotic things were to begin with, really. Some things are just hilarious, like the time we were at Shlup's cabin and I was trying to cook, but I looked away for a while and a drunken Shlup dumped all the spaghetti noodles into the pot and we had an ass-load of noodles no one ate. That was quite funny.

Mirage
07-01-2005, 01:19 AM
I drink alcohol. I've never forgotten what I did last night the day after. I've never thrown up because of alcohol.
I don't drink alcohol just for the sake of getting drunk. If I don't like the beverages avaliable to me, I don't drink them. I don't like beer, for example, I usually drink various kinds of wine, and sometimes vodka mixed with other stuff.

Kamiko
07-01-2005, 02:06 AM
I don't nessicarily think it's cool but I drink it anyway!

MAS82587
07-01-2005, 03:12 AM
im a huge time cross country runner, so i dont drink or smoke

Teek
07-01-2005, 07:37 AM
Those options were really extreme. =/

Besides, how many of you even drink alcohol regularly.

c'mon.

Mirage
07-01-2005, 12:42 PM
I drink alcohol regularly. 4 times per year.

Saiyan Knight
07-01-2005, 03:39 PM

My thoughts exactly.

edczxcvbnm
07-01-2005, 04:11 PM
Want to know how cool alcohol makes you?

A couple of weeks ago I had a small get together of friends, alcohol was involved. I was sat on my bed, with a friend next to me and someone else jumped on me. I accidentally kicked my friend in the eye.

He then went crazy, started to threaten me and put a knife to my throat. After that he got emotional, apologized and proceeded to drink whisky through his eye.

A couple of hours later he was completely gone and started crying and phoning his Mum saying he was going to die, then he puked up a couple of times before passing out.

Eventually he started to wake up a bit and me and a friend noticed he was covered in his own puke so we asked him if we could wash his jacket, he refused.

My sister eventually came in from next door, he then passed out and she called an ambulance, but by the time they got to my house he was wide awake, after they left at 3 am he started to phone people from my house phone, then he mentioned something about "breaking my legs" and my sister said "I bet you won't"

He took this as a bet and chased me up the stairs and tried to bash my bedroom door down, eventually the Police were called and it took a few of them to restrain him and arrest him for the night.

The next day he had almost no memory of the night before.

Now that's cool.

Your friend is now one of my Heros :cry:

Mitch
07-02-2005, 07:27 AM
I know plenty of uncool people who drink. I don't think drinking is cool or uncool, but I enjoy drinking and all of my mates do. I hav never had any real problems with drinking though, except for finding my way home sometimes.

Winter Nights
07-02-2005, 08:42 AM
I drink alot less than I should. *nods*

Shlup
07-02-2005, 09:12 AM
Anecdotal stories about someone who did unpleasant things while under the influence of alcohol does not make drinking "uncool." Like many have said, it isn't "cool" or "uncool," everything is up to the person involved.
It depends on what sort of person you are as to whether or not those idiotic things bother you, and what those idiotic things were to begin with, really. Some things are just hilarious, like the time we were at Shlup's cabin and I was trying to cook, but I looked away for a while and a drunken Shlup dumped all the spaghetti noodles into the pot and we had an ass-load of noodles no one ate. That was quite funny.
I saved us all from starving!

Madame Adequate
07-02-2005, 01:40 PM

Yeah, well, when it leads to almost killing a friend, killing other people important to you or your family, rape, and child abuse, then you get a feel for how 'cool' alcohol is.

I'd never stop anyone drinking, but I hate that people do. They're choosing to be under the influence of something which makes any of the above far more likely.

Anecdotal stories about someone who did unpleasant things while under the influence of alcohol does not make drinking "uncool." Like many have said, it isn't "cool" or "uncool," everything is up to the person involved.

Bullhockey. I don't know one person - myself included - who hasn't acted like a complete and utter idiot at the very best when drunk. From everything my friends have said, the case is the same with them. Just because it hasn't reached alcoholism doesn't mean it's not a problem. But hey, anecdotes aren't proof, because we're all about empirical in online debates, so nevermind this post.

Dignified Pauper
07-02-2005, 05:32 PM
Getting drunk is fun when it's a social time and let me tell you, but letting it get out of hand is a bad bad thing. I let myself drink 6-8 triple shot of vadka in an hour and boy did i pay for it the next morning. On the bright side, i was voted funniest drunk at a party! However, it all boils down to the thought of drinking hard liquor now... makes me wanna throw up, but whenever i get over it, i'll drink again. Sure i can have fun without alcohol, but it's not like i'm gonna live without doing it. It is fun, but i think it's WAY more harmful than marijauna... B/c drinking heavily really screws you up.