PDA

View Full Version : Assistance required immideately

Dragoon-Master
06-30-2005, 05:24 AM
i am absolutely s*** at training dudes up to a decent level and end up swearing at my game and ps2 then starting all over again so can someone tell me what levels i should be at the end of each boss o something?i am at the tomb bit on disc one after screwing up on disc 3

The leves of my dudes are:-

squall 25 irvine 15 selphie and zell 18 quistis and rinoa 17

TheAbominatrix
06-30-2005, 05:25 AM
Levels mean nothing in VIII, because the monsters level with you. You need to focus on your Junctions, not y our levels.

boys from the dwarf
06-30-2005, 07:09 AM
but level can help and also on FF8 its easy to level up and you only need 99000 exp to get to level 100 and some battles give you around 1000 exp so you can get to level one hunred easily on disk one before quistis joins your party.

TheAbominatrix
06-30-2005, 09:35 AM
But it doesnt help you defeat much because the monsters level up with you. Junctioning is the key to becoming stronger, not leveling.

thinking of names is hard
06-30-2005, 09:40 AM
What happens if one character (Squall) is on a really high level then to your other characters?Does that mean the monsters are the same level as Squall?

nik0tine
06-30-2005, 10:31 AM
While it is true that monsters level up with you, they do not level up proportionally. When it comes to leveling, the player has the upperhand, and because of this, leveling does help out.

However, junctioning is the real key to this game. You do know how to junction, right?

liamo
06-30-2005, 12:06 PM
i think that the monters level up at the average of the lowest level and the highest level of your characters

ScottNUMBERS
06-30-2005, 01:51 PM
i think that the monters level up at the average of the lowest level and the highest level of your characters

I agree.

Dragoon-Master
06-30-2005, 05:05 PM
i know how to junction and all about the levelsbut dont bosses have fixed levels?

rubah
06-30-2005, 06:14 PM
What you want to do is draw a lot of spells so that you have 100 of each.

Since you don't seem like you'd be the refining type.

boys from the dwarf
06-30-2005, 07:14 PM
there is nothing wrong with leveling and it makes stat increasing easier because if you learn an abitlity which upgrades a stat on level up you can get those stats high and if you are at lvl 100 it is easier to upgrade hp because you already have about 3000.
but low levels can be good too because if you are at level one through the whole game and are very goog at juntioning you will be invincible.omega weopon willl only have 110015 hp or something like that and seifer should have on his first fight only about 157 hp making the game quite easy.either coice is good but level 1 can make the game too easy so i go at high levelswhich still makes it easy because FF8 if you are good at it its the easiest FF ever.

Xaven
06-30-2005, 07:46 PM
i know how to junction and all about the levelsbut dont bosses have fixed levels?

Almost always no.

Pinkerton
06-30-2005, 09:22 PM
The game is infinitely easier at lower levels. Easily beaten in under 25 hours, and in my opinion, a much better experience, as it allows you to focus on the story rather than developing your characters' stats.

TheAbominatrix
06-30-2005, 11:37 PM
To state it again for some other people, I never said there was anything wrong with leveling. But it isnt the key to getting stronger, which is my point. If you're level 99, everything else is high level. Junction your stats right, and you can be level 5 and kick the crap out of everything, because everything else is low-level and your stats are amazing.

rubah
06-30-2005, 11:42 PM
The ultimate point of playing a low-levels game is to be able to uber level in disc 3 and get insanely high stats with the hp/str/mag/spr/vit+ abilities.

I thought you folks knew thisxD

Dragoon-Master
07-02-2005, 08:50 PM
i do refine i spent 60000+ Gil on tents to get 100 curagas each to have xtremely high hp i also like to use card mod as well

aero is easy to get as well

thanx for all the help

The Anarchy Angel
07-03-2005, 07:55 PM
This is the best way to get high stats througfh junctioning->
HP - Full Life
Strength - Ultima
Magic - Meteor
Spirit - Curaga
Vitality - Meltdown (i'm not sure which way round these two go >.<)
Speed - Triple
Evasion - Aero/Tornado
Status Def/Atk J's - Death, Confusion, Pain, Berserk, Break
Elem Def/Atk J's - Blizzaga, Flare, Quake

Hope that helps you, remember 100 of each