PDA

View Full Version : FFVII Tech Demo...

Zechs
06-30-2005, 07:08 AM
I was reading through the latest issue of EGM, and under the 'rumor hill' there was a small topic highlighting the FFVII Tech Demo.
It was focused on how there is no plans for a visual remake, but the topic stated that it is possible for the PS3.

What are your thoughts?

boys from the dwarf
06-30-2005, 07:15 AM
i think its called rumor hill for a reason.

Captain Red
06-30-2005, 05:22 PM
Many fans have been awaiting such a remake, and personally I think it would be really cool to see all of my favorite characters brought to life again. They were very vague about what it meant for FFVII on PS3, without giving a definite yes or no on the subject.

All we can do is wait and hope.

KoShiatar
06-30-2005, 06:13 PM
There was a thread on this topic a while back...I wonder if it's still there...

Sephitachi7
07-01-2005, 12:10 AM
Like I read somewhere before, they had an FFVIII tech demo for PS2 before it came out, but this, as we can see, did not mean that they were going to make a remake of FF8. Not that it don't want a remake of ff7 (I would pay even $300 if they ever came out with it just for the game!), but it's not cool to get people's hopes up and then they get let down.

TheAbominatrix
07-01-2005, 12:13 AM
They did a tech demo for FFVI, but we've seen no remake of FFVI (just a port). Same goes for VIII, and the same will go for VII. Not only has Square stated they wont be remaking any games that can be played on their current backwards compatible systems, they've specificly stated they wont be remaking VII at this time. I dont see how they got any hopes up, because it says right above the 'download this clip' link that they wont be remaking it. I think it was a very nice treat, not to mention they're bombarding us with VII stuff left and right, we're actually quite lucky.

Sephitachi7
07-01-2005, 04:35 AM
oh I wasn't saying SquareSoft (or SquareEnix) was getting our hopes up, I'm just saying I don't want anybody to get their hopes up just by seeing this.

Sephex
07-01-2005, 04:53 AM
Even if they announce the remake (which won't happen), I'll only believe it after it is on store shelves...and I bought it...and I play it...and I beat it...at least three times.

Del Murder
07-02-2005, 05:31 PM
http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62199

That was the thread on the demo.