PDA

View Full Version : Quick to Anger?

Rainecloud
06-30-2005, 07:40 AM
Are you quick to anger, or do you have the ability to keep yourself calm in heated situations? What "crosses the line" for you in terms of acceptable behaviour that causes you to become extremely upset and angry?

I can keep myself under control in most situations, and I'm very proud of that fact. Unfortunately, if someone is being bullied by someone else, I tend to lose control before becoming very angry with the bully.

And yourself?

Old Manus
06-30-2005, 07:46 AM
WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT MY MOTHER?

kikimm
06-30-2005, 07:59 AM
I can keep fairly calm, outwardly. My face goes completely blank, but inside, it's not the same. I'm not exactly sure what crosses the line. I can be very fickle, that way.

:D

nik0tine
06-30-2005, 08:02 AM
It really depends who it is that's making me angry.

Lilian
06-30-2005, 08:30 AM
For me it depends on who it is, what they're doing, and who they're doing it to. I'll defend my loved ones in a heartbeat, but I can take a lot of crap that's done to me--up to a point, of course. And when I do get angry, I tend to lose control pretty quickly, but also calm down pretty quickly if I'm given a chance to.

Meat Puppet
06-30-2005, 08:30 AM
BAD GUYS MAKE ME GO SUPER SAYAN LEVEL 6.

nik0tine
06-30-2005, 08:57 AM
When I was little, I wanted to be a bad guy when I grew up.

FallenSilence
06-30-2005, 09:03 AM
I don't mind admitting that I'm really bad at keeping calm. I'm just a general hothead, really. I fall out with my friends a lot because of it, mainly because they say things meant as jokes, which I probably take way too seriously.

thinking of names is hard
06-30-2005, 09:11 AM
I dont think ive ever lost it...i cant remmenber once losing my cool with somone. If somones getting bullied, yeah-ill stick up for them-anyone. It seems to be a habit of mine sticking up for people and then getting in trouble for it...
but i never actually truly lose my temper...

Ravenmorghane
06-30-2005, 09:35 AM
usually i will try to bite my tongue if I'm being wound up. It'd usually be old people associating rockers in hoodies with chavs WERE NOTHING ALIKE DAMMIT!
but I have lost my temper many times and I've put my hand through a coupla glass objects in my time.. i've taken up thai boxing which might be dangerous lol.

I try to control myself I usually avoid losing it in public, I wait till im at home and beat the crap outta something in my room!

Loony BoB
06-30-2005, 09:47 AM
I'm easily bothered by not easily angered, if that makes any sense...

Leene
06-30-2005, 10:28 AM
:save:I am quick to anger( :cry: ).:save:

Devourment
06-30-2005, 10:45 AM
It depends in my current mood at the time. If I have been having a bad day then I will most likley to be quick to anger. But if I have been having a good day & nothing has been bothering me & I am feeling happy then it will take quite a lot to wind me up. Nevertheless, I am normally a foul-tempered person. But I will never hit a person unless they hit me first. & all the fights that I have been in are because someone has / tried to assault me. & they always fail & end up regreting[sp?] it.

ZuZu
06-30-2005, 11:34 AM
I'm usually very calm. My friend haven't never seen my angry. Because I don't get angry really easy. But when I get angry.
Then I'm REALLY ANGRY!

Pheesh
06-30-2005, 11:46 AM
I'LL QUICK TO ANGER YOU!!!

peace out and :rock:
EE

Shauna
06-30-2005, 11:51 AM
I can normally keep myself calm. I can keep a straight face, even if I'm screaming inside...

But, I don't get seriously angry. Nobody has seen me angry. Most of the time I cry, before I get angry... so people just stop, whatever they're doing, cause I'm crying. xD

Sasquatch
06-30-2005, 11:55 AM
For me it depends on who it is, what they're doing, and who they're doing it to. I'll defend my loved ones in a heartbeat, but I can take a lot of crap that's done to me--up to a point, of course.

But I will never hit a person unless they hit me first. & all the fights that I have been in are because someone has / tried to assault me. & the always fail & end up regreting[sp?] it.

This is me. If somebody's picking at me, I can push it aside for a long time...if somebody brings ladies, friends, or some members of my family into it (especially my niece), that's when it builds up, and quick. I used to have a problem with keeping my control, but in the past couple years I've learned to "channel" the rage, you might could say. Use it as an advantage, not a controlling factor.

(Hehehe...My dad just asked if I was "antagonizing the stupid people again"...My reply was "No, they kicked me out of that part.")

Cz
06-30-2005, 12:00 PM
I wouldn't say I'm quick to anger, but I'm certainly rather stubborn. It means I can appear rather confrontational at times, which some might interpret as anger. Sometimes friends take advtange of this and wind me up for their own amusement, but it's all in good fun, and my own fault for being such a stubborn guy, really.

Armisael
06-30-2005, 12:08 PM
I can keep myself calm the most of times..I try always not to get in fights..But when it comes to my family or to my friends i become quick to anger..

Mittopotahis
06-30-2005, 12:39 PM
I am usually very passive. There are two things which makes me quick to anger though.
1. My Sister.
2. People.

I just don't like my sister, and my friend and I have been talking recently and he says that I don't see what real people are like our age around here. They are all sex-driven people who take drugs, drink excessivly etc. (Mind you, I am 15.) And that really boils me up. I cannot understand why people are SO STUPID!!!

I try to control myself I usually avoid losing it in public, I wait till im at home and beat the crap outta something in my room!
That's a bad habit to get into. What if you loose your patience? You know that when you are angry, you just need to take your rage out on something, and you will become acustom to doing it. You don't have anything in your room. And the closest thing you will have will be a person most likely. Or a concrete pylon.

Dr.K
06-30-2005, 01:30 PM
I'm easily bothered by not easily angered, if that makes any sense...Ditto. I rarely fly off the handle, but under the surface, I'm pretty much a pressure cooker 24/7.

Silmaril
06-30-2005, 02:15 PM
I haven't been really mad for quite a while. I rarely get mad but pushing me across the line is inadvisable

Rye
06-30-2005, 02:24 PM
I get angry very easily, but I feel better very easy too. I'm like a mood rollar coaster, basically. xD

boris no no
06-30-2005, 02:55 PM
i am very easily angered. i get mad very quickly. but i don't get wound up. its only if someones shouting at me i explode.

T-MaN
06-30-2005, 03:08 PM
I usually tend to stay calm, and try to suppress my feelings, but when someone really pisses me off, I go berserk. I will literally destroy anything that is in front of me. This has only happened 3 times in my life so far. When I am like this, stay the hell away from me!

Hawkeye
06-30-2005, 03:11 PM
Is it just me, or have a lot of girls replied to this thread?

I get angered with family, but not with friends

Chaos
06-30-2005, 03:11 PM
I used to be very volotile, but not so much now I've grown out of the omgihavehormone stage.
Well, recently I've been really tetchy but I put that down to the stress of exams.

What makes me cross though, is when people interrupt my plans. Especially if it is a parent with chores for me. I like having my routine set aside in my head and if anyone comes up with 'can you do this for me' I get rather wound up. Not angry, just frustrated.

But aside from the unpredictable nature of humanity, I'm fairly calm.

Chaos

Resha
06-30-2005, 03:15 PM
I wouldn't say I'm quick to anger, but I'm certainly rather stubborn. It means I can appear rather confrontational at times, which some might interpret as anger. Sometimes friends take advtange of this and wind me up for their own amusement, but it's all in good fun, and my own fault for being such a stubborn guy, really.

Badda-bing-badda-bong. Ditto.

I have a really bad temper if and when I lose it; so somewhere in my youth and childhood I promised myself to not lose it so easily. Because whenever I did, I said and did things I regretted a lot later.

disapointedchild
06-30-2005, 04:46 PM
I usually tend to be the one to try to stop all the anger and violence around me.

I tend to be really cranky in the mornings however, especially when my mom comes in to ask a million questions.

I hate being interigated.
Other than that, I tend to be a pleasant person.

Shoeberto
06-30-2005, 05:02 PM
I'm easily bothered by not easily angered, if that makes any sense...
Yeah, same here. Things bug the hell out of me really easily, but rarely do I express it. I just try to calm down.

rubah
06-30-2005, 05:53 PM
Quick to anger but quick to forgive.

Usually there's not much anger involved though.

-N-
06-30-2005, 06:37 PM
I'm rarely troubled by things, but I do have my buttons.

BabyVixen
06-30-2005, 08:44 PM
I have a very short fuse but manage to restrain the pyschical violence by putting the violence in my words instead. Lately I've become so much more chilled back and managed to keep the violence down. Anything against innocent people, me or people who I like, prejudice and bull/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifting makes me cross over the line

Zeldy
06-30-2005, 08:46 PM
Quick to anger but quick to forgive.

Usually there's not much anger involved though.

Yuffie514
06-30-2005, 09:50 PM
depends on how i am irked:

1) Quote "you're writing is too small"
2) Quote "stupid"

1): i don't think i write small. it's about the size of the default font on Microsoft Word (12) -- that small? only my family members tell me that, but other than that, everyone's silent. maybe they don't wish to offend me? well, i'll take honesty better than someone telling me i write too small.
2): i don't always get mad over that word if it's used in a joke or a more similar word is used (dimuntive).

...lastly, i always find my peace again with amnesty.

Rainecloud
06-30-2005, 10:02 PM
I'm very pleased with this thread so far.

Not too much spam, not too much mindless drivel. Excellent. :)

Yamaneko
06-30-2005, 10:08 PM
Since I hate everything regardless of situation, I'm pretty calm because my emotions never get the better of me. I just hate.

Del Murder
07-01-2005, 01:35 AM
You don't want to see me when I'm angry...

GarlandRules
07-01-2005, 02:35 AM
I have a huge amount of patience but sometimes (When someone is annoying for like a week with the same stuff over and over and...) I just loose it. I just can't help it but at least it's not constant.

My name is...something..?
07-01-2005, 02:42 AM
I'm really good at keeping my anger inside, but there are times when I can't help myself.

Kairi Eiko
07-03-2005, 09:06 AM
For me it depends on who it is, what they're doing, and who they're doing it to. I'll defend my loved ones in a heartbeat, but I can take a lot of crap that's done to me--up to a point, of course. And when I do get angry, I tend to lose control pretty quickly, but also calm down pretty quickly if I'm given a chance to.

I go by your example, only, I'm quicker to anger than most, especially when I'm under pressure. But as I am enraged, and in the bad mood, ..... that mix got me arrested.