PDA

View Full Version : Spreading the Random Rule

beaglegod
06-30-2005, 07:48 AM
Is there any way to reverse the spread of the random rule for the card game. I seem to have inadvertently (is that how you spell that?) spread it like a virous and its made it hard to do simple things like loose a card on purpose or to do some good ol fashioned winning. :}

Christmas
06-30-2005, 11:34 AM
The queen of cards can abolish or implement rule if memory still serves...

nik0tine
06-30-2005, 12:38 PM
This really sucks for you.

ff-fanatix
06-30-2005, 01:39 PM
indeed it does but if memory serves correct if you play in one area that has the randfom rule and win...then go to another area and play and win...but make you say say to play a combined rules games.....depending on the prvious regions rules a rule will either be abolished or added....

i.e.

Balambs rules

One
Open
Random

Galbadia Rules

One
Open
Plus
Random

If you pl galbadia first then balamb you should have a 50/50 chance of either spreding Plus rules or Abolishing Random....

Save your game beforwe attempting this as i could be wrong...but thats it as far as i remember....if i dont work load and retry...

come back and let us know

disapointedchild
06-30-2005, 03:58 PM
Or, you can refine all your cheap cards, so even with random, you will still get your powerful/good cards.

Optium
06-30-2005, 04:50 PM
I read something about a dude on the Balamb docks who will erase your
rule set for Balamb and then you can start anew and spread the balamb
rules to other areas. But I'm not sure if I ever figured out how to do this.

.opt

rubah
06-30-2005, 06:12 PM
The trick is to play in a place that has rules that the random inflicted place lacks.

Such as, Balamb has Open, so you'd play in a place that is random+not open.

Then, if you abolish it there, you can use Plus+not plus, elemental+not elemental.

the reason being that otherwise if all the rules are the same, it won't trigger a change.

At least, that's what I've found. I forget if it's comfirmed or not by nowxD

Abraxas
06-30-2005, 06:14 PM
Yes, Optium is right. It's a guy sat on the left side, but he's not always there. You must get out of the town and enter again if he doesn't appear.
Then you can buy the "open" rule to the queen.

beaglegod
07-01-2005, 05:16 AM
OPTIUM SAID:

I read something about a dude on the Balamb docks who will erase your rule set for Balamb and then you can start anew and spread the balamb
rules to other areas. But I'm not sure if I ever figured out how to do this.

ABRAXAS SAID:

Yes, Optium is right. It's a guy sat on the left side, but he's not always there. You must get out of the town and enter again if he doesn't appear.

Im gonna give this a try first since it seems the quickest easiest way,but just in case it doesnt work Im grateful for all the suggestions. I did by the way refine all my cheap cards as someone suggested earlier. This helped some,but made it realy hard to loose a particular card on purpose to Rinoas father in Delling........I said an awful lotta bad things trying to loose the Ifrit card to him ;)